Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kavus Torabi - Hip To The Jag

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Check out Knifeworld's "In A Foreign Way." Great, great song, and maybe the coolest video ever.

That is indeed a great song, and one of my favorite Knifeworld tracks for sure. I loved it so much I bought the vinyl edition of Home of the Newly Departed a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    Hi. I’d just like to say thanks for the kind words and the continued support.
    I’m really looking forward to you hearing the album.

It looks like it does apply, so that’s terrific news.
    In light of this, on Friday I’ll also be releasing a ‘pay what you like’ download of a tune that I excluded from Hip To The Jag because I couldn’t sequence it with the flow of the album.
    Watch this space...
    X
    Thanks Kavus! Additional tunes are always a welcome thing. Looking forward to hearing it, and the rest of the new album.

Fun fact about that video.
    It was filmed in a booth at my favourite pub on my 40th birthday.
    We filmed it 3 times over the course of the evening. This was the second time, which was the best.
    During this particular take Emmett and Steve Mitchell (who does all the Knifeworld artwork and shares a birthday with me) were having a fairly in depth conversation about Killing Joke. We played the audio of the track from Melanie’s phone on the table, which we lip synched to. We just told everyone to ignore us.

Hey!
    Happy ‘No commission on Bandcamp day’ everyone.
    I’ve uploaded The Sentinel, an exclusive instrumental which didn’t make it on to the album. You can pay what you like for it or have it for free.

Hope you dig,

https://kavustorabi.bandcamp.com/music

Hey!
    I’ve uploaded The Sentinel, an exclusive instrumental which didn’t make it on to the album. You can pay what you like for it or have it for free.

Hope you dig,

Lovely. I got mine - Bandcamp seems a little sluggish today, maybe they are getting high demand...
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Hey!

Hope you dig,

Thanks, Kavus. Heading there to check it out this morning.

Nice to see Bandcamp struggling a little to cope, as many people must be taking advantage of the opportunity to support the musicians.

I picked up a couple of Kavus' releases, some Matt Baber (which I forgot I'd already bought!), a couple of Emmett Elvin's and one of Matt Stevens' The Fierce and the Dead releases.

:-)

- Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Lovely. I got mine - Bandcamp seems a little sluggish today, maybe they are getting high demand...
    Kavus has broken Bandcamp. The demand is too high! (I've got it in my cart; trying to order now.)
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

It was a bit slow, but I got my vinyl order in!
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I'm a bit disappointed as I was hoping for a note-for-note cover of Pallas' 1984 neoprog opus of the same name, but done on accordion.

Still, I'll probably get over it.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed as I was hoping for a note-for-note cover of Pallas' 1984 neoprog opus of the same name, but done on accordion.

Still, I'll probably get over it.

Thanks for your generosity over at Bandcamp.
    This Friday, 27th March, at 6pm GMT I’ll be staging a concert from my living room and live-streaming it from my Facebook page (Kavus Torabi)
    I’ll be playing tunes from Hip To The Jag and probably a few Knifeworld songs too.
    I hope you can join me.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Sweet
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Is everyone else enjoying this album as much as I am?

I just got it, playing it as I write, and yes, am enjoying it tremendously

Copies are materializing on these shores in about 10 days.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Grrrr, my bandcamp page says it releases May 22nd so I've got a month to wait yet.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Grrrr, my bandcamp page says it releases May 22nd so I've got a month to wait yet.
    I got a shipping notice on April 5, FWIW.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Pretty sure I bought mine from Bandcamp. Kavus sent some art with it, too (thanks, man!).

Hi Ian,
    Unfortunately this is down to some rather unprofessional behaviour on my part.

The release date is May 22nd but the physical stock turned up at mine at the end of March as things were well and truly shutting down here.
    Unsure as to how this would develop in terms of getting Covid-19 myself (My wife had been at a kids party a few days earlier with some friends who since contracted it), the uncertainty of whether Royal Mail would be delivering something as unessential as records and, somewhat pleasantly, being rather overwhelmed by the amount of sales so far, I decided to ship the preorders while I could.

The oversight being that this has ended up being unfair to those who preordered the album digitally.

If you send me a PM here with your email, I’ll send you a link to grab the album.
    Last edited by Kavus Torabi; 04-21-2020 at 02:40 AM.

Waiting for my copy, but should be any day now.

Really enjoying the album, congrats Kavus
    Ian

Hi Ian,
    Unfortunately this is down to some rather unprofessional behaviour on my part.

The release date is May 22nd but the physical stock turned up at mine at the end of March as things were well and truly shutting down here.
    Unsure as to how this would develop in terms of getting Covid-19 myself (My wife had been at a kids party a few days earlier with some friends who since contracted it), the uncertainty of whether Royal Mail would be delivering something as unessential as records and, somewhat pleasantly, being rather overwhelmed by the amount of sales so far, I decided to ship the preorders while I could.

The oversight being that this has ended up being unfair to those who preordered the album digitally.

If you send me a PM here with your email, I’ll send you a link to grab the album.
    Oh no! Get well soon, Kavus. I'm sure I'm not alone in suggesting if there's anything we can do, we're happy to help.

Hey! I’m fine. We haven’t got it. It was just before lockdown we imagined we might catch it.

Whoops! Must've misread that. If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea what day it is.

Can someone bump the thread when it's released as digital on Bandcamp? Looking forward to listening to the whole of it.