Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiatus - At 61 it may be time to pull the plug on playing live music

I will! Thanks for the tip. I already have plans to head to Pensacola beach this early spring. There is a great outdoor place on the bayside that has a clamshell theater with seating for quite a few people, and I've never seen anyone play there, but My brother is going to try to get permission from the city for us to play there. Clearwater is another 4 hours down the road? I'd sure love to get down to the Conch republic and play there... Mallory Square? Ya Mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I thought I'd post an update here, now that its been a couple years of playing live again.... This is taken on Route 66 in Kingman AZ. I have been playing places between Fort Worth and Kingman now for a couple years, I have a blast. Not many people here at the time, but what an incredible setting! Nice, Balmy Arizona weather, and right on 66!

I wonder if Tull ever played Kingman...

Reminder, - All parts are played by me on the real instruments - I dont use programmed drums, or sequencers All done in one take, warts and all. I call my backing band the "Me Myself and I Orchestra".

Very nice.

With that name I had to think of Joan Armatrading, who seems to work mostly solo nowadays, which I think is kind of sad. If someone like her can't afford to work with a real band, what is wrong.

Very nice! Glad to see that you actually have NOT pulled the plug and still have the desire to get out there and just play.

Every considered doing house concerts? There are those that you host in your own home, and then there are those where you have other people agree to host you.

There is a great little book by house concert artist Shannon Curtis called No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender that explains everything you need to know: https://www.amazon.com/No-Booker-Bou...s%2C400&sr=8-1

Wow, thanks for the nice comments and the suggestions... I've ordered that book. I have the show pretty well down, but how to present it as a commodity - or at least to get gigs set up and functional. Not much into the money end of music, but being able to play... Yeah, that'll be great if I can find some help with that.