Thread: Glass Hammer "Dreaming City" Pre-Order

Glass Hammer "Dreaming City" Pre-Order

No band would launch an album pre-order on Friday the 13th! But....if you go to our Glass Hammer Store the links for tomorrow's launch are LIVE RIGHT NOW! Thanks to all of our PE friends who have supported us through the years. Hope you'll love this album. It will ship April 17th but we do pre-orders for autographed copies and limited t-shirts to help pay for the project.
    https://glasshammer.com/official-store/

BUNDLE-dreaming-city-autographed-digipack- -limited-edition-Tshirt.jpg

That's definitely the t-shirt I want to wear during an apocalypse.

Awesome! I pre-ordered today and can not wait to hear the disc when it arrives.

The Elric series has been my very favorite since its inception (in book form). Looking forward to the GH slant on it.

I think there is an Elric movie in the making, however, I've heard that for over 25 years and no one has come through. But I'd rather not have one at all if its done half-assed. This could be an epic film series in the right hands. As long as the sound track includes BOC, Hawkwind and GH!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Old man of prog
    Hi Rez download ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    The Elric series has been my very favorite since its inception (in book form). Looking forward to the GH slant on it.

I think there is an Elric movie in the making, however, I've heard that for over 25 years and no one has come through. But I'd rather not have one at all if its done half-assed. This could be an epic film series in the right hands. As long as the sound track includes BOC, Hawkwind and GH!
    Would love to see an Elric movie. Not like they did John Carter of Mars though!

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Hi Rez download ordered
    Great! Thanks! I'll include lyrics and illustrations with the download.

Quote Originally Posted by Soc Prof View Post
    That's definitely the t-shirt I want to wear during an apocalypse.
    Then order one asap, it has started...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    Then order one asap, it has started...
    Exactly what I was thinking.

PS: I'll order the hi res download, too. It's great that it will come with lyrics and illustrations--thanks Fred and Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    Would love to see an Elric movie. Not like they did John Carter of Mars though!
    That John Carter film was pretty terrible! Come to think of it, it's quite surprising that there isn't a film or television production of Elric in some form. The Eternal Champion! Hawkwind made an album in the 80's about the Black Sword and of course Moorcock himself used to work with the band in the early 70's, back when Lemmy was still on bass. I believe that is Mr. Moorcock himself going on about bleeding from orifices in Hawkwind's Sonic Attack. Looking forward to the new Glass Hammer.

Hey, I really liked the John Carter movie actually. Sure it diverged from the book a fair bit -- but the book (as good as it is) was very much "of its time" and there were a lot of aspects that wouldn't have translated well into a movie in our day.

I was disappointed that we didn't get any sequels.

The lure of another signed CD (and that fabbo "Glass Hammer" Post-It) did the trick for me. Well, mostly it was hearing the Rickenbacker bass on the teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    The lure of another signed CD (and that fabbo "Glass Hammer" Post-It) did the trick for me. Well, mostly it was hearing the Rickenbacker bass on the teaser.
    Ah ...well the post-it-notes will not disappoint. However...I must tell you that I have never owned a Rick! I wish I did but this is the same Yamaha I've used since The Inconsolable Secret. Apparently it's the way I play it. Fred says you can put me on any bass and I'll sound exactly the same. I pick - really hard. I use a little bit of overdrive (a lot in some cases) and that's about it.
    Still I'm glad you thought it sounded like one. I try my best to channel early Geddy Lee on a couple of songs.
    Steve

It looks like Elric is going to get a TV series by Glen Mazzara and Vaun Wilmott (the first is involved with "the Walking Dead" I think). Rumored for a start next year.

Actually Moorcock appeared rather often in Hawkwind concerts reading Poems or singing a few Songs

a bit crappy but funny Mike singing Coded Languages

Last edited by TheH; 1 Week Ago at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    Ah ...well the post-it-notes will not disappoint. However...I must tell you that I have never owned a Rick! I wish I did but this is the same Yamaha I've used since The Inconsolable Secret. Apparently it's the way I play it. Fred says you can put me on any bass and I'll sound exactly the same. I pick - really hard. I use a little bit of overdrive (a lot in some cases) and that's about it.
    Still I'm glad you thought it sounded like one. I try my best to channel early Geddy Lee on a couple of songs.
    Steve
    Howdy Steve!

I think I actually knew that; and forgot.

The SOUND of the bass with all its trebly goodness on the clip was what made me make the final decision. It really is “you.”

As far as players having an identifiable “voice” (no matter the bass), I find that a really good player strives to find his/her unique sound. That sound is almost always in the fingers. Or the pick attack in your (and my) case. Amps and processing help get a specific tone of course. But it is always how that string is set a-twanging that matters most.

Geddy really does have an aggressive approach. He digs in. Like you with a pick. I like your sound; you are different in a great way. Whatever the heck you are doing, keep on doing it.

I really look forward to the CD.
    Last edited by Gizmotron; 6 Days Ago at 12:05 PM.