Page 193 of 235 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    As of 3/5/21, 216 people between the ages of 20 and 29 died of COVID in Texas.

I don't know how many were in Dallas/Ft. Worth (I would bet some were), but don't they matter?
    Unless, of course, you're heartless, selfish, stupid, ignorant or all of the above.

1. I know that the news reported zero deaths among the under 30 group, in the Dallas/Forth Metroplex area.

2. I can provide you with the 2.1 million population stats for Fort Worth (Tarrant County). Tarrant divides death line at age 25. As you can clearly see, there are zero deaths.
    https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/pub.../COVID-19.html

3. I never said whether I wear a mask or don't wear a mask. I merely reported what I saw, read, and heard.

4. I worked in a virology lab for five years. I'm biologist/RN. I've also made money every year, swing trading my own money, for over 20 years in the stock market.

I could teach a class on how covid infiltrates the cell, replicates, spreads, and kills. For example. I can detail how, when, and where in the cell that Covid-19 uses it's RNA dependent RNA polymerase to replicate, but you probably would not understand. At the end of senior RN semesters, I lecture RN's on how to pass the NCLEX. I provide care for Covid patients on a weekly basis. I work 3-4 days a week as an RN.

Since I've trained as a scientist and RN for almost thirty years, I won't assume you are selfish, stupid, ignorant, or all of the above, Ronmac. Good day.

Ember
    Finally got an appointment for some Pfizer here in the County That Healthcare Forgot. Weirdly, my wife, who registered the same time I did, using the same tools, and who has all the same qualifications, has not heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    1. I know that the news reported zero deaths among the under 30 group, in the Dallas/Forth Metroplex area.

2. I can provide you with the 2.1 million population stats for Fort Worth (Tarrant County). Tarrant divides death line at age 25. As you can clearly see, there are zero deaths.
    https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/pub.../COVID-19.html

3. I never said whether I wear a mask or don't wear a mask. I merely reported what I saw, read, and heard.

4. I worked in a virology lab for five years. I'm biologist/RN. I've also made money every year, swing trading my own money, for over 20 years in the stock market.

I could teach a class on how covid infiltrates the cell, replicates, spreads, and kills. For example. I can detail how, when, and where in the cell that Covid-19 uses it's RNA dependent RNA polymerase to replicate, but you probably would not understand. At the end of senior RN semesters, I lecture RN's on how to pass the NCLEX. I provide care for Covid patients on a weekly basis. I work 3-4 days a week as an RN.

Since I've trained as a scientist and RN for almost thirty years, I won't assume you are selfish, stupid, ignorant, or all of the above, Ronmac. Good day.
    Uh, I didn't make that comment about you, professor. I was replying to someone else's comment, bro. But, if you think it applies to you, well, then go right ahead. I see you left out the "heartless" part, though, in your reply. Hmmm.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Is the point in the thread where we're condescending and boast about our financial investments?

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

Second Moderna shot is history.Rather efficient and smooth procedure at the high school in St.Albans(Queens/NYC).

Huzzah.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

The public health unit for the counties in this corner of the state are doing the Moderna vaccine this next Thursday and Friday. I will check in on Monday to see if we made the cut.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    As has been said...the wrong approach to take with Americans in 2021.
    That is not question of approach. One has to take responsibility for his/hers actions.

It does not take a genius to figure out what works.

You look at Japan with 130 million pops, living on the top of each other and they have similar number of cases/deaths as Dallas with approx 5 million pops with lot of living space.

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    That is not question of approach. One has to take responsibility for his/hers actions.

It does not take a genius to figure out what works.

You look at Japan with 130 million pops, living on the top of each other and they have similar number of cases/deaths as Dallas with approx 5 million pops with lot of living space.
    Perhaps you didn't get my point. Appealing to the compassion & selflessness of the American people is a fool's errand in 2021. If they wanted successful compliance, they should have convinced Americans that it was either better for them personally, or it would hurt a scapegoat group. Either approach would have worked. Appealing to help others is a non-starter for many, many people. So encouraging compliance is a question of approach.

bavsu2cplnt31.jpg

Perhaps you didn't get my point. Appealing to the compassion & selflessness of the American people is a fool's errand in 2021. If they wanted successful compliance, they should have convinced Americans that it was either better for them personally, or it would hurt a scapegoat group. Either approach would have worked. Appealing to help others is a non-starter for many, many people. So encouraging compliance is a question of approach.

bavsu2cplnt31.jpg
    Amen to that, brother!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

bavsu2cplnt31.jpg
    Spot-on.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Is the point in the thread where we're condescending and boast about our financial investments?
    I put money in Bitcoin in 2017 because I'm smarter than you.

I agree with your premise that "appealing to the compassion & selflessness of the American people" was not a winning approach. I think in the case of masks, the lines in the sand were drawn pretty early in 2020 by the political leadership/media/twitterverse ecosystem. Once masks were politicized, one had a reason larger (to them) than facts and logic to avoid wearing one.

“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” - Leo Tolstoy
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 03-07-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

This just in: a mask burning held in Idaho. Nothing like a good of fashioned book burning to release the evil spirits from the written word.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    You would think the message that 500,000 people have died would be enough.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I think in the case of masks, the lines in the sand were drawn pretty early in 2020 by the political leadership/media/twitterverse ecosystem. Once masks were politicized, one had a reason larger (to them) than facts and logic to avoid wearing one.
    I feel compelled to repeat an earlier point that our biggest problem in the good old US of A is that we allow politicians to divide us on moral issues that we might otherwise agree on in a non-partisan manner.

Furthermore, we continue to grant power to those who, by and large, refuse to act in the best interest of those who voted them into office, as evidence by the most recent COVID relief bill being 100% opposed by GOP senators, even though a majority of their own constituency supported it.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Not until it's one of their own family members, regretfully. Even then, I'm not so sure.

Who isn't?
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Fake news. Those people would have all died anyway. Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Who isn't?
    ...<raises hand>
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    This just in: a mask burning held in Idaho. Nothing like a good of fashioned book burning to release the evil spirits from the written word.
    Does that come with a baked potato.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Ran some errands this weekend, and the radio played CSN's "Woodstock."

"By the time we got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong...."

And I thought, wow, imagine all of those people dead from COVID.....

It kinda hit home, then. We keep hearing that number, but it's too often just a number.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

An appeal to Americans to care for their fellow citizens is not how the previous dear leader got elected. It was selfishness and the demonizing of others that did it. All of those people are still out there in the land of the free.

Yes but you remember your password?

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    An appeal to Americans to care for their fellow citizens is not how the previous dear leader got elected. It was selfishness and the demonizing of others that did it. All of those people are still out there in the land of the free.
    Particularly when they've made not caring about others an article of faith.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I had to make an appointment for a doctor. The receptionist said the pandemic is over and everyone is being vaccinated, so appointments are now in person instead of on Zoom. I said a lot of people are going to die before everyone is vaccinated and the pandemic is over. She said, apathetically, with a dead-eyed look, "They probably will."

Do we all have to take part in the extermination of Americans?

I tried again today to get a vaccination appointment. There are four places locally that claim to be administering the vaccine: three pharmacies and the county. Of those four, none had appointments available and many may not have had vaccine available. One said, maybe July. I qualify now by age, but I can't get an appointment.