Page 181 of 235 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Chiropractors, in general, are rather controversial in the medical community.

Just sayin'
    I Denmark they share the first two years of their education with the medical students.

My dad was a doctor (born 1930) he thought they were controversial too, untill he used them himself.

There are good chiropractors who knows their stuff and their limits, just like the doctors.
    And the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I can't even imagine the audacity it would take to enter someone else's home during a fucking pandemic and not wearing a mask.
    I remember during the transition from smoking everywhere to nowhere, how rude it was when some visitor lit up it one's home. Multiply that by thousands for a deadly disease.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Nope. It's like a plumber prerequisite. If your ass crack isn't of a certain depth and you don't constantly provide a minimum amount of exposure, you won't get your certification.

#saynotocrack
    OK, duly noted. Cheers.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

So, I guess we've rounded the COVID corner, since this thread is no longer sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I have a painter, a great guy, very helpful doing other work for free, who doesn't believe in COVID. Think it's like the flu. He doesn't wear a mask. I do, however, as does my wife. We also wipe down the house at the end of each day to ensure there are no germs.
    Boy, I would find it awfully difficult to let him in my house. I don't care how great a guy he is. And how great is a guy if he doesn't respect his customers enough to wear a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If I had entered his office and his staff weren't wearing masks, would have walked out. Even if he doesn't believe that Covid is real, as a medical practitioner, he should be putting his patients first and he's not. But that's just me.
    No, it's not just you. There are millions of us who think the same way. Tragically, there are far too many who don't.

Would he wear a mask if you asked him to? Nobody gets into my house without wearing a mask.
    +1,000,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Don't get me wrong -- our chiropractor thinks Covid is real. They take everyone's temperature when they walk in the door and make them wash their hands, and all the equipment gets wiped down after each use. He just doesn't think masks are doing any real good ("You're breathing in your own air and likely to give yourself pneumonia!") So it's a half-measures sort of thing, stopping short of the one thing that will help prevent the spread in public spaces.
    Like I always say, "Just because a guy has a diploma on his wall, it doesn't mean he graduated at the top of his class."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

That is brutal. That is the kind of story that terrifies me of giving this virus to someone else. It's a horrible thing to lose a loved one. It must be unbearable to think that you are responsible.
    Yes. It is. I’m also sure she knew that she wasn’t supposed to travel over the holidays too. A case of “the rules apply to other people.”
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I always wear a KN95 when away from home.

Wife and I both thought we had head colds last weekend. Wife found out that she had been exposed at work. She tested positive on Tuesday of this week. My high school aged daughter and I both tested positive that evening.

I had some minor cough and congestion earlier in week. Main symptoms now are no sense of smell, being tired all of the time, and some “brain fog.” None of us have had fevers.

Hopefully, we continue to improve. I’m 60 and she is 57.

Best to you jrw, Hopefully you will recover quickly.

Yeah, no sticky, maybe it was a hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post

Yeah, no sticky, maybe it was a hoax?
    There were protesters in LA yesterday, protesting against the vaccine. They were saying that the coronavirus is fake, and a government plot, or some such nonsense.

There should be laws against blocking people from getting vaccinated. If you don't want the vaccine, fine, don't get it. But stay out of the way of those that do.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    I always wear a KN95 when away from home.

Wife and I both thought we had head colds last weekend. Wife found out that she had been exposed at work. She tested positive on Tuesday of this week. My high school aged daughter and I both tested positive that evening.

I had some minor cough and congestion earlier in week. Main symptoms now are no sense of smell, being tired all of the time, and some “brain fog.” None of us have had fevers.

Hopefully, we continue to improve. I’m 60 and she is 57.
    Yikes. Hope you guys are okay.

Put every one of them in jail.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Lock Them Up!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

Perfect.

I'll probably wear mine well after this is all over in 2025.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Dang. I got used to calling it 'Sticky COVID'
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

It seems a lot of people I know have already got the vaccines or are scheduled to do so.

Most people I know who are eligible are very frustrated that they can't seem to get it yet.

Canada feels like it's way behind the 8-ball. I feel like I'll be lucky to get it by September. The only people I know who have been vaccinated are front-line workers. Even my 84-yr-old mother who has heart problems has heard nothing about being vaccinated. Unless you're in a long-term-care home, no-one other than front-line workers have been vaccinated here, as far as I know.

I was talking to someone recently who said that vaccine distribution is based on how severe the spread is in that country. Since Canada is down the list behind many other countries when it comes to spread, we're also down the list for distribution. I don't know how true that is, but I appreciate that billions of doses need to be manufactured and distributed. Not an easy task by any means.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Did they wear masks to cover their asscracks too?

#asscrackmasks

Ember
    Here in my county, outside Philadelphia, we had Republican government for many decades. One result is that we are one of the largest counties in the US with no health department of its own. Who needs a health department, anyway? So our Covid response is being managed by an over-extended neighboring county.

We have no idea when or where we will be able to be vaccinated, despite being 69 and 71 with multiple health and mobility issues. A registration website was established, and our registration was acknowledged. That's it. We "will be contacted."

^ Let's hope it's not contact tracing.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    Here in my county, outside Philadelphia, we had Republican government for many decades. One result is that we are one of the largest counties in the US with no health department of its own. Who needs a health department, anyway? So our Covid response is being managed by an over-extended neighboring county.

We have no idea when or where we will be able to be vaccinated, despite being 69 and 71 with multiple health and mobility issues. A registration website was established, and our registration was acknowledged. That's it. We "will be contacted."
    Aside from the mobility issues, that's my parents' situation, too. Very frustrating.

Canada feels like it's way behind the 8-ball. I feel like I'll be lucky to get it by September. The only people I know who have been vaccinated are front-line workers. Even my 84-yr-old mother who has heart problems has heard nothing about being vaccinated. Unless you're in a long-term-care home, no-one other than front-line workers have been vaccinated here, as far as I know.

I was talking to someone recently who said that vaccine distribution is based on how severe the spread is in that country. Since Canada is down the list behind many other countries when it comes to spread, we're also down the list for distribution. I don't know how true that is, but I appreciate that billions of doses need to be manufactured and distributed. Not an easy task by any means.
    Yes you are right, we are behind the 8 ball on vaccinations...my wife and I have both turned 80 and she has COPD. My brother and his wife in the UK have had both of their jabs for more than a month now. Even my son-in-law in Florida has had both too, and he's just 70. I'm on a Birmingham (UK) forum and there is a covid vaccination thread, where it's discussed in great detail, it goes without saying that I feel a little excluded. Canada is not the worlds hotspot for sure, but it is serious enough to warrant a total lockdown here in Ontario for a couple of months now.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Requiring seniors who don't even know how to turn on a computer or cell phone to register online. Sure! What can go wrong?
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Requiring seniors who don't even know how to turn on a computer or cell phone to register online. Sure! What can go wrong?
    The vaccine distribution to seniors should go through established routes, like senior/community centers. They may not cover all the people, but they will catch the ones whose world revolves around places like that.
    The past year has probably closed a number of them, but the folks who use them would have the incentive to get the vaccine so that they could reopen sooner.

My in-laws are in their 80's and are scheduled for their first and second shots. I kind of wish they could be done at home as the FIL is in fairly rough shape, mobility wise.
    They live in a mid sized western college town with good services, maybe not that good. Lots of rural folks.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain