Page 38 of 235 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The human body can only absorb so much vitamin C anyway but I'm certain there's going to be a run on all vitamin related products. EmergenC and Airborne have been gone for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    So after 12 long days, my Dads fever may have finally broke. Today he's having a decent day...able to get up out of bed comfortably and just get some blood flowing. Very happy because depression was kicking in and that wreaks havoc on immune system. Hoping this is the sign of good things to come. I'm going on my 4th full day symptom free. My sister's family all seem to be on the mend as well. This thing is a badass! A long-lasting flu with a grab bag of symptoms that just pop up whenever...all with a consistant, fuck you, fever. Good riddance! Hopefully...
    Great man. Glad to hear.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    ^^^ Any bets that Vit C will be the next item to be hoarded and emptied from store shelves?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    The human body can only absorb so much vitamin C anyway but I'm certain there's going to be a run on all vitamin related products. EmergenC and Airborne have been gone for weeks.
    The idiot claiming that (the Vitamin C thing) is also French (his name is Gendrok or sumthin' to that effect) and posts his hour-long rants on YT four the lasr couple of weeks mixing nanotechnologies, vaccines, NSA conspiracies, etc...

Give it up before you look further down that aisle. If it was that easy, you'd think they'd have already solved the problem two months ago.

My GF told me they've identified the patient zero for Italy (and Europe) just today or yesterday (couldn't find a klink, though, but sge saw it over a French newscast). Some chinese food importer with lots of contacts in Northern Italy.

I wasn't too far away, when I was joking four weeks ago, saying the patient zero in Italy was Mr Pangolini.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

So after 12 long days, my Dads fever may have finally broke. Today he's having a decent day...able to get up out of bed comfortably and just get some blood flowing. Very happy because depression was kicking in and that wreaks havoc on immune system. Hoping this is the sign of good things to come. I'm going on my 4th full day symptom free. My sister's family all seem to be on the mend as well. This thing is a badass! A long-lasting flu with a grab bag of symptoms that just pop up whenever...all with a consistant, fuck you, fever. Good riddance! Hopefully...

Best wishes to everyone, I've been following this intently for weeks now, first post in here, not sure what is going on in NY, but they have more cases than the next 18 states COMBINED...

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/....html#g-us-map

stay safe and speedy recovery for those infected...

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    That's Ace Hunter from Megaforce!!! ...actually saw that in the theater when it came out <slaps forehead>
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    That's Ace Hunter from Megaforce!!! ...actually saw that in the theater when it came out <slaps forehead>

I thought it was Bryce Harper for a second lol.
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 03-28-2020 at 06:44 AM.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Been wearing the latex gloves while shopping but looks like I'll have to wear a mask at the grocery store. I'm getting the stink eye from other shoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Been wearing the latex gloves while shopping but looks like I'll have to wear a mask at the grocery store. I'm getting the stink eye from other shoppers.

OK now, where are those freakin' tomatoes?
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

So vitamin C possibly helps and NSAIDs possibly hurt, but also no hard evidence or word from the FDA or CDC. So why take the chance? Easier to just take a vitamin and avoid Advil for a while.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

They can't stand the sight of sexy.

Same! I saw that, I saw Ice Pirates, Timerider, Conan the Barbarian...they don't make 'em like those now, do they!

Coronavirus killing people in New York City at rate of one every 17 minutes

For the past two days, New Yorkers have been dying at a rate of one every 17 minutes, according to the latest grim citywide statistics.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/anothe...new-york-city/

Perspectives on the Pandemic: Dealing with Coronavirus, a fiasco in the making? As the coronavirus pandemic takes hold, we are making decisions without reliable data.

Dr John P.A. Ioannidis is a professor of medicine and professor of epidemiology and population health, as well as professor by courtesy of biomedical data science at Stanford University School of Medicine, professor by courtesy of statistics at Stanford University School of Humanities and Sciences, and co-director of the Meta-Research Innovation Center at Stanford (METRICS) at Stanford University.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6MZ...ature=youtu.be

I'm getting the stink eye from other shoppers.
    Sometimes I put them in my spaghetti sauce instead of meatballs.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Because of the gloves?
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Because of the gloves?
    Because of not wearing a mask. So just for shopping I'll wear a mask from now on.

As of now, it would be easy for bank robbers to get away with it....everyone's wearing a mask. Another reason it's an extremely good idea banks are closed to in person customers.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I posted Ionnidas paper earlier in the thread. I respect him, but while he is correct here, he is also not correct- the fact that we lack facts does not mean we do not have good ideas about what to do and how to treat. Reading this makes it sound as though we are ignorant when we are not.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    As of now, it would be easy for bank robbers to get away with it....everyone's wearing a mask. Another reason it's an extremely good idea banks are closed to in person customers.
    When we were having the super-bad air quality from the northern CA wildfires a while back, I went into the bank to use the ATM while wearing a filter mask. I noticed that the security guard was very attentive...
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    I posted Ionnidas paper earlier in the thread.
    Ionnidas is an unfortunate example of someone stepping out of his lane and impacting his reputation in the process.

Ontario: No more gatherings over 5 people

https://www.inhalton.com/province-of...or-more-people
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

'They see my blue eyes then jump back' – China sees a new wave of xenophobia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...=1585477481046

I really really hope this is just sloppyness...