Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    By-and-large, the only people using Zoom or Skype on camera are those companies for whom remote work is new.

Both before and after Covid, I've spent 3 to 6 hours a day on conference calls - and I've been "living" on teleconferences for over 2 decades, and so have most of my clients and coworkers. And they almost never turn on the cameras. It's distracting and soaks up valuable bandwidth. The only times there's any actual "video" on conference calls is when someone is screen-sharing - which in my line happens probably about half the time.

I personally know of many people who work in the buff (obviously, not on camera!). A large number of my coworkers are empty-nesters.

So don't be so quick to call BS
    I don't doubt your anecdote or how it relates to your own personal experience. However, unless I misunderstood, the percentages posted were for the population overall. I remain quite skeptical of those. Maybe they do it in order to get a quickie in during breaks?
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    1 in 8 men and 1 in 12 women
    You must be a Stats major.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Greetings, Scott!

I don't know where these people live who work at home naked. Where I live, it's winter.

Where I live, it's winter.
    Forgive me and residents of Canuckistan if we scoff at your notion of winter. Actually, unless it's way below zero with high winds, our house stays warm enough that I can walk around nekid in the morning when I feed the cats and dogs. My wife, whose thermostat shattered when she turned fifty, often just wears shorts and a t-shirt.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Shoot me if I have to spend 3-6 hours on conference calls in a workday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Forgive me and residents of Canuckistan if we scoff at your notion of winter. Actually, unless it's way below zero with high winds, our house stays warm enough that I can walk around nekid in the morning when I feed the cats and dogs. My wife, whose thermostat shattered when she turned fifty, often just wears shorts and a t-shirt.
    Those Daisey Dukes!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I never claimed to live in the coldest place in the world, but it's colder than where either my wife or I grew up. But heating the house to summer temperatures is expensive, even if my more tropical wife would prefer it. Victims of the economic fury, moreso than the weather. The people who built our old house apparently thought drafty was good and insulation was bad. We wear what we have to and wait for summer to come around again. No one can see or hear us in any season, as my 'antique' computer monitor lacks camera or microphone. A Zoom and Skype free existence for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    A pre-Covid surveys showed that that 1 in 8 men and 1 in 12 women working from home are naked.

Another survey showed 19% of people working from home were nude, and there were twice as many men as there were women (i.e. 25% and 13% respectively).

I bet those stats are higher now.

I'm on conference calls with big audiences all day. It's always interesting to wonder just who's... well...
    Guilty as charged. Camel Nude is playing as I type this.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Greetings, Scott!
    Salutations!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally