Page 113 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Because he couldn't. The bikers would have showed up anyway, and been furious that he'd tried to close it down. Angry tough guys + lots of alcohol + lots of guns spells an unbelievable amount of trouble, and possibly multiple fatalities. And I suspect that a whole lot of bikers have similar political convictions to the armed Michigan State House protesters, believe that COVID-19 doesn't really exist, and consider it some kind of Fake News Chinese or Democratic Party plot against President Trump. As well as thinking that they are too tough to get sick.
    You need to change “he” to “she”. She also welcomed the Commander-in-Chief to Mt Rushmore last month for one of his “rally’s.” She has also been in lockstep with “He-Who-Mustn't-Be-Named” on all things COVID even when the Meat Processing plants in the State were hotspots for plague. My last trip to Sturgis was for the 75th Anniversary and they estimated that 1.2 MILLION attended in 2015! I doubt only 250k will attend....they are underestimating to keep National furor at bay. This year is the 80th anniversary and they’ve been hyping it all year through promotional e-mails to past attendees. I expect 750k at least to attend. The biker crowd I see at these rallies are very “fond of Cheetos” if you get the drift. The hotspots for transmission will be the Buffalo Chip and Glenco Campgrounds and the Full Throttle Saloon....all on private property. If they repeat the Cell Phone trace they did on the Spring Breakers....you will see how bad it will get....I doubt the Guvment will publish it. There is just too much Money (state tax revenue) at stake. Sad.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac
    Why are these fucking retailers allowing people to break their rules?
    I imagine it's hard to keep up with all the covidiots. Although Costco pays their workers better than many stores, they're not rich and they don't get hazard pay. Employees still must sometimes balk at being asked to be bouncers of rabid maskholes. I agree some action must be taken as a deterrent to this shitty behavior becoming the norm. The boys in blue don't have a good track record against these fools.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Ember
    These situations that pit citizens against each other and violence ensues are not just a Petri dish for the virus. They are incubators for authoritarian crackdowns that lead to secrecy, lies, and eventual martial law.

The Cheeto may not have had this specifically in mind, but his supporters see the opportunity for power and control when it presents itself. Fights over masks in stores make certain people smile and rub their hands together like the evil bastards they are. The most important thing we can all do is spread truth — truth verified by trusted and vetted outlets — and counteract the lies promulgated by fringe outlets and social media.

And vote. Whatever it takes, and in spite of increasingly nefarious efforts to prevent you from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    just because of a little Chinese flu...
    The correct technical term is "China Virus." "Chinese" would be proper grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I was at COSTCO today and they have a mandatory mask rule. I saw two guys in their 20s in the store without masks. I said, "Shouldn't you two be wearing masks?" One sheepishly mumbled, "No," and the other obviously lied that he had a medical condition.

Because it's like handicapped parking spots. I see people at the grocery stores that appear more healthy than me park in these spots. They can walk a couple extra spots versus a physically handicapped person, but unless they don't have a handicapped sticker or tag you can't question them.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS
    This should be a mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Because it's like handicapped parking spots. I see people at the grocery stores that appear more healthy than me park in these spots. They can walk a couple extra spots versus a physically handicapped person, but unless they don't have a handicapped sticker or tag you can't question them.
    In Denmark quite often you see this text added to the sign - it says: P.S. Lazyness is not a handicap.

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    "Appear" is the operative word there. Despite my quadruple bypass, lumbar fusion, cervical radiculopathy surgery, tumor surgery, diabetic neuropathy, cataracts, arthritis, adhesive capsulitis surgery, and a few other minor issues, when I'm fully dressed and standing up I "appear" healthy. And in fact I don't use handicapped parking because walking is good for me, even if I occasionally have to stop to catch my breath.

But I've been in situations where I was able to ask to bypass standing in long lines because doing so is very difficult. And the resentment emanating from the people left standing was palpable.

It's all part of the American Fallacy, that "equality" means that everyone gets to go first, they have a right to their own facts, and expertise is elitist.

I don't worry about people who use handicap parking. Most of them are handicapped and have the requisite sticker or license plate. Those that don't, it's not my job to police them. Not all handicaps are visible. Imagine calling the cops on one and having the cops learn the person is really handicapped. Then you're the asshole. Just leave it to karma to weed out the cheaters, and move on. When I see handicapped parking near the store, I am thankful I can walk, and glad that parking is set aside near the entrance for those that need it. I can use the exercise. Even when I am injured or walking with a cane I don't try to use the handicapped spaces. I certainly don't apply for a handicap sticker for something that will likely pass before I get halfway through the red tape.

The thing that bugs me that I am seeing more and more are reserved parking places near the store for phone shoppers. They make the handicapped get out of their cars and enter the store, but they make an exception for lazy people who drive to the store to phone in their order and have it delivered to their car? Why not be happy you can afford a cell phone and a car and go in the store like everyone else? Walk a little.

I have even seen some stores that have reserved parking near the entrance for employee of the month, or some such. I don't mind them rewarding an employee, but I'm not sure the reward should be in defiance of the unwritten rule for retail parking, that employees park farther from the store and leave the closer parking for customers. I suspect the store wants to reward the hard-working employee with something that costs them nothing, rather than with cash. That's typical in the US. My problem with the practice, as a customer, is seeing an open parking place and having to be practically in the space before I can read the "reserved" sign, always a tiny one because big signs cost money. I have to remember to direct any anger for the inconvenience at the store rather than at the employee. It's not the employee's fault they work for a crappy company. Jobs are scarce. Companies are a dime a dozen and I can still vote with my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark
    These situations that pit citizens against each other and violence ensues are not just a Petri dish for the virus. They are incubators for authoritarian crackdowns that lead to secrecy, lies, and eventual martial law.
    The Cheeto may not have had this specifically in mind, but his supporters see the opportunity for power and control when it presents itself. Fights over masks in stores make certain people smile and rub their hands together like the evil bastards they are. The most important thing we can all do is spread truth — truth verified by trusted and vetted outlets — and counteract the lies promulgated by fringe outlets and social media.
    And vote. Whatever it takes, and in spite of increasingly nefarious efforts to prevent you from doing so.
    Indeed. The Cheeto may not be smart enough to divide us on his own, but his buddy Putin is.

And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

And when the bikers disperse, a percentage carrying the virus to their next destination, we All win.
    It is what it is.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I imagine it's hard to keep up with all the covidiots. Although Costco pays their workers better than many stores, they're not rich and they don't get hazard pay. Employees still must sometimes balk at being asked to be bouncers of rabid maskholes. I agree some action must be taken as a deterrent to this shitty behavior becoming the norm. The boys in blue don't have a good track record against these fools.
    Indeed. It usually falls on the peon employees, most of whom make minimum wage to enforce the rule.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    The thing that bugs me that I am seeing more and more are reserved parking places near the store for phone shoppers. They make the handicapped get out of their cars and enter the store, but they make an exception for lazy people who drive to the store to phone in their order and have it delivered to their car? Why not be happy you can afford a cell phone and a car and go in the store like everyone else? Walk a little.
    I won't go into stores because I am at high risk if I contract the virus. So I call in orders to be delivered to my car. I pay for the privilege, tip well, and am happy to do both. Clearly it matters not at all to me where the parking area is, but I get that employees need to be able to easily find my car and get to it.

I *wish* I felt safe going into stores, but the one time I did I found myself devoting all my attention to avoiding the maskless and their drooling offspring. As a diabetic heart patient with a whole list of risk factors, I'd be an idiot to do that regularly. I'm grateful for contactless pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    You need to change “he” to “she”. She also welcomed the Commander-in-Chief to Mt Rushmore last month for one of his “rally’s.” She has also been in lockstep with “He-Who-Mustn't-Be-Named” on all things COVID even when the Meat Processing plants in the State were hotspots for plague. My last trip to Sturgis was for the 75th Anniversary and they estimated that 1.2 MILLION attended in 2015! I doubt only 250k will attend....they are underestimating to keep National furor at bay. This year is the 80th anniversary and they’ve been hyping it all year through promotional e-mails to past attendees. I expect 750k at least to attend. The biker crowd I see at these rallies are very “fond of Cheetos” if you get the drift. The hotspots for transmission will be the Buffalo Chip and Glenco Campgrounds and the Full Throttle Saloon....all on private property. If they repeat the Cell Phone trace they did on the Spring Breakers....you will see how bad it will get....I doubt the Guvment will publish it. There is just too much Money (state tax revenue) at stake. Sad.
    Here is a pretty good article from Pollstar on the Rally: https://www.pollstar.com/article/stu...freedom-146198

We’re damn proud of the artists who are coming, who’ve got enough backbone to do it despite pressure from others in the music industry as well as folks who want to devastate the economy.
    Sounds like his kids need to get a hold of the remote and program a parental lock on his favorite news channels.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I was at COSTCO today and they have a mandatory mask rule. I saw two guys in their 20s in the store without masks. I said, "Shouldn't you two be wearing masks?" One sheepishly mumbled, "No," and the other obviously lied that he had a medical condition.

I agree with what others have said. Employees should be not put in the position of creating conflict. The maskholes should have the decency to do the right thing. It's also possible that people will wear masks to get into the store and then take them off once inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Sounds like his kids need to get a hold of the remote and program a parental lock on his favorite news channels.
    I don't know. It sounds to me like he's qualified to be the Lieutenant Governor of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I agree with what others have said. Employees should be not put in the position of creating conflict. The maskholes should have the decency to do the right thing. It's also possible that people will wear masks to get into the store and then take them off once inside.
    You know.....a year ago it was commonplace to see an off-duty cop placed at the front door of a business for security. Today....it would be construed as challenge! We need a tone-change in our society soon.... hopefully November.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    And when the bikers disperse, a percentage carrying the virus to their next destination...
    Exactly.
    Regards,

Duncan

I agree with what others have said. Employees should be not put in the position of creating conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    You know.....a year ago it was commonplace to see an off-duty cop placed at the front door of a business for security.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. People are out of work. I'm guessing a lot would welcome a job as a COSTCO mask-checker at the door. Give them a billy club.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    I won't go into stores because I am at high risk if I contract the virus. So I call in orders to be delivered to my car. I pay for the privilege, tip well, and am happy to do both. Clearly it matters not at all to me where the parking area is, but I get that employees need to be able to easily find my car and get to it.

I *wish* I felt safe going into stores, but the one time I did I found myself devoting all my attention to avoiding the maskless and their drooling offspring. As a diabetic heart patient with a whole list of risk factors, I'd be an idiot to do that regularly. I'm grateful for contactless pickup.
    Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that everyone who uses the parking for phone in orders is there because they are lazy. Honestly, the last two times I was at that big box store, all those spaces were empty, which is what caused me to comment on them. No offense was intended, and thanks for cluing me in to their intended purpose. The signs don't say.

Sad to say, I have more than once seen people who have worn a mask to get into a store, then removed it inside. Who has time to chase them all and kick them out, especially when they throw a hissy fit?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Here is a pretty good article from Pollstar on the Rally: https://www.pollstar.com/article/stu...freedom-146198
    Most telling quote:

“We’re damn proud of the artists who are coming, who’ve got enough backbone to do it despite pressure from others in the music industry as well as folks who want to devastate the economy.”

This kind of thinking is why America had no chance against the virus. The belief that government officials hate Trump or hate middle Americans or want to destroy the lives of “real Americans” or whatever is at the root of that conspiracy—no amount of exposure to a crisis will disabuse a follower of that conspiracy.
    Last edited by polmico; 08-09-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I saw a guy being interviewed from Sturgis by a cable news host. He said he wasn't a believer in conspiracy theories or anything like that, but he was saying that many of the deaths attributed to Covid were actually caused by something else, and the pandemic was way less of a calamity than was being presented. He said we wouldn't even see it in the news after November 3rd. So with people like him who thankfully understand The Way Things Really Are, this country will be in fine shape, we just need to get busy and live our lives.

Get that man a red star trek shirt.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"