Page 132 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    That must be frustrating. Still, 42 people at at time?! Just how big is this gym? That seems a lot. And MOST people wear a mask seems dicey...shouldn't it be mandatory? Anyways, I hope that you find the inspiration to do some home workouts. My home gym has really helped me during this time. I had drifted away from it, the past few years, but a combination of things started me back working out again, and I'm glad that I have.

neil

My gym is huge. It may have once been a factory or warehouse. Pre-covid it probably held around 200 - 250 during peak times, plus three studios for classes, and a pool (studios and pool have been closed since March). So 42 people seems empty. As for mandatory masks, in York Region they are mandatory while walking around the gym, but not mandatory while actually exercising. I believe it may the same in Toronto. I don't know why they don't just make them mandatory while exercising and keep the gyms open.

I have a treadmill and I bought a spin cycle when the gyms closed back in March (although I didn't get it until August). I'm going to try to keep things up at home.

And in case anyone here is thinking, "wow, she must be fit". LOL! Not even close. I have a long way to go...which is one of the reasons this is so important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    ^ Those'll work. A bit pricey.

They are, for sure. But I love that Buff filter mask. It's seriously worth every cent IMO. My only complaint about it is that I have very straight hair and the strap at the back just slides down my head if I don't have a ponytail. So it's great for exercise, but not that great for day-to-day. It probably works better with curly hair. I wish they also made a regular mask with ear loops.

This is something you don't see everyday. Life in Covid times.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/18/enter...rnd/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

Leave it to The Flaming Lips! If anyone was gong to come up with that idea, I'm not suprised it was them. LOL!

I wonder how hot it gets in those bubbles, and how they clean them afterwards.

In tonight's 60 Minutes interview, Dr. Fauci stated he and his family need constant Federal Agent protection, due to threats to all of their lives. WTF is wrong with this country?!?
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

I saw the Flaming Lips at Glastonbury, headlining The Other Stage. They hit us with huge inflated balls, balloons, bubbles, ticket-tape, confetti, streamers plus Wayne surfed the crowd in his Zorb ball, and all within the first song, it was insane. I had my daughters with me, they were 11 and 14 then, and it's still amongst their top gig memories. I would go and see them in a socially distanced bubble

On Covid matters, we are heading back to lockdowns in many places in the UK. Wales announced a 2 week "fire break" lockdown from the coming Friday, Northern Ireland are doing similar, with Scotland to follow suit. In England they are trying to be regional, and have adopted a three tier system, with Tier 3 getting the most severe restrictions. I think within a few weeks many of us will be back in Tier 3. It's a mess of our own making, they spent a fortune but failed to get an effective track and trace system in place during the summer lull, and now we head into the colder winter and I think it will get much worse.

Belgium

Vallonia and Bruxelles are probably the worst places in Europe right now.

Ember
    Hey, I’m tired of my heart disease! Can I have a cheeseburger now?

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    In tonight's 60 Minutes interview, Dr. Fauci stated he and his family need constant Federal Agent protection, due to threats to all of their lives. WTF is wrong with this country?!?
    That was a great interview everyone in the country should see. Fauci continues to be the voice of reason through all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    That was a great interview everyone in the country should see. Fauci continues to be the voice of reason through all of this. I have been posting updates on the Pfizer vaccine on this board. During the interview they talked about information being given to Moderna early on in order to start work on the vaccine as soon as possible. The Moderna vaccine is the Pfizer vaccine. The two companies went into a partnership early on. Moderna had the science, and Pfizer had the manufacturing capacity so it was a win win for both companies.

If I wasn't living in this, I would never believe it. Its beyond anything that can be expressed in words at this point.

I'm watching Tucker Carlson for the entertainment factor...they/he talks as if Covid is done. Finished. Its gone away. It really is funny, not really, but it is.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    A new Canadian national survey show this highest level of disapproval for the U.S. - Sixty three percent of the population. I wonder why?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    A new Canadian national survey show this highest level of disapproval for the U.S. - Sixty three percent of the population. I wonder why?
    It's pretty damned embarrassing to be an American these days.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    It's pretty damned embarrassing to be an American these days.
    I love Americans - worked there extensively for 8 years as a consultant. However, things have changed in very recent years.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I love Americans - worked there extensively for 8 years as a consultant. However, things have changed in very recent years.
    It is happening all over the world. People are living in their own reality, fed by the social media that only feeds them that reality.

America is only a couple of years in front.

In the Netherlands our prime minister went to work on bycicle only two years ago. Now that is no longer possible. The mobs are waiting for him accusing him of the most ridiculous things (like pedofilia) and sometimes even threathening him. We are fucked as well.

I saw a post by some crazy woman sharing another post (of course) that claims Fauci knew about COVID-19 in, get this, 2017.

Apparently, the president isn't the only person who doesn't know what the "19" part stands for.

We are so fucked.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

On today's BBC World News, they interviewed several Chinese officials chomping at the bit for the US to continue our downward slide, so China can replace us as leader of the world.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

My town was designated as a "hot-spot" recently, so I went for testing.
    It was easy and it was *free*. I made the appointment online, and that was easy even for a Luddite like me.
    There was no line at all when I drove up for testing. Two quick swabs (not at all painful), and got my results within 48 hrs.
    Super easy! I don't know why more people don't take advantage of this.

(tested negative, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    It is happening all over the world. People are living in their own reality, fed by the social media that only feeds them that reality.
    You're right, of course. But the U.S. is one of the most powerful nations in the world. Canada is like a branch plant to the U.S. Populism is a world phenomenon. Still, citizen here pay attention to public health directions on COVID. I never see anyone without a mask. I'm pretty obsessed with current events in the U.S. and am praying for a change.

You're right, of course. But the U.S. is one of the most powerful nations in the world. Canada is like a branch plant to the U.S. Populism is a world phenomenon. Still, citizen here pay attention to public health directions on COVID. I never see anyone without a mask. I'm pretty obsessed with current events in the U.S. and am praying for a change.
    Can you do the rain dance too please? Pretty please?

Jon Neudorf
    Unfortunately, I see many without masks and its beginning to really piss me off. So incredibly selfish. I really don't understand how hard this is. To actually care about your fellow human being.

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Unfortunately, I see many without masks and its beginning to really piss me off. So incredibly selfish. I really don't understand how hard this is. To actually care about your fellow human being.
    Sorry to hear that. Guess Saskatoon and Ottawa are miles apart in more than one way.