Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    There have been multiple tests with ZERO efficacy shown.
    And the FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 because there is a risk of
    "serious heart rhythm problems and other safety issues, including blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    The brain trust at work in Florida

MAKE FLORIDA GREAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Try wearing one for a ten hour shift.
    My wife (RN) wears both a KN95 plus a regular blue surgical mask over it for her 12-hour shifts straight. Then she has to come home and deal with Henry Cow and Cardiacs crankin' on the hifi, not to mention dealing with me. Poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Then she has to come home and deal with Henry Cow and Cardiacs crankin' on the hifi,
    Not at the same time, I hope.

My wife (RN) wears both a KN95 plus a regular blue surgical mask over it for her 12-hour shifts straight. Then she has to come home and deal with Henry Cow and Cardiacs crankin' on the hifi, not to mention dealing with me. Poor girl.

In Berlin (Germany) 17.000 weirdos demonstrated against masks.
    https://www.bild.de/news/inland/news...1946.bild.html

No fair! Get your own whackos!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Lou, I'm in Texas and it sucks here. :-)

We had to go out today to get shopping done. Drove past a few restaurants- in the wealthier parts of Dallas- University Park- and no one was wearing a mask. At Royal Blue Market at Preston and Mockingbird, which offers coffee as well as good shopping, the outside seating was full, not distanced and no one wearing a mask. The people who worked there were.
    Two words: Louie Gohmert
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

It would be time to get the popcorn and a frosty beverage and enjoy the show except that this isn't a joke. If the worse thing in someone's life is the have to wear a mask, they must be living real well. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    That is appalling. It is also, unfortunately, very believable. In fact, it is so believable that if the opposite turned out to be true - if the White House was trying to get tests to everybody everywhere but had been stymied by factors out of their control - I would question that story and fact-check it. Or, I'd wonder if the President was losing his marbles. It would be so uncharacteristically lacking in his usual openly ruthless, brutal political savvy that I'd suspect he wasn't making his own decisions any more.

And:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups, led by selfish and malicious people in small groups.
    Wow you're a sucker for fake news Unbelievable how some people believe such nonsense

ronmac- Gohmert is certainly one of the most stupid representatives TX has ever had and that is saying something.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Closer to home, my 90 year old mother has tested positive. She is in independent living in a facility. Two men in assisted living have been taken to the hospital. My mother has fatigue and stomach distress but has not been hospitalized. I have not seen her since March but talk on almost a daily basis.

This continues to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    So has Hydroxychloroquine been pretty much ruled out as any sort of relief or cure? Just asking for a friend. From what I've read it has.
    I work in Pharma and have access to industry journals that donít necessarily get out in wide public circulation. The studies so far have shown that Hydroxychloroquine is not effective against COVID and may even cause more harm. It is effective against certain diseases like Lupus, but the myth of itís efficacy against COVID is making it difficult for legit patients who need it to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Closer to home, my 90 year old mother has tested positive. She is in independent living in a facility. Two men in assisted living have been taken to the hospital. My mother has fatigue and stomach distress but has not been hospitalized. I have not seen her since March but talk on almost a daily basis.

This continues to suck.
    Aw, man, that sucks. Best wishes to you, your mother and family.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

This continues to suck.
    Oh heck I hope she'll be okay!

There have been several cases of older people pulling through quite easily. I don't know (and I'm not sure if anyone does) if that's because of the individual's ability to resist the virus, or if it's a different strain.

Either way - I hope she'll sail through it!
    Regards,

Duncan

This continues to suck.
    All the best to your mother. It must be very difficult for you to not be able to see her, especially when she's not feeling well. I wish her a speedy and full recovery.

Yet another reason to stay away from covid-19

https://www.newsweek.com/most-recove...-shows-1521456

Is there a place online that has updates on school openings in different European countries? I'm just curious as to how some of those countries are heading into this thing....
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it was wicked of you big dead boy
    Suddenly just went to sleep
    Well here we are..." - Tim Smith (1961-2020)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    All the best to your mother. It must be very difficult for you to not be able to see her, especially when she's not feeling well. I wish her a speedy and full recovery.
    I wish your mother the best too.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

This continues to suck.
    Best wishes to you all!
    Last edited by TCC; 2 Days Ago at 03:20 AM.

Is there a place online that has updates on school openings in different European countries? I'm just curious as to how some of those countries are heading into this thing....
    Schools are planned to open normally in Scandinavia.
    Most places probably with some precautions regarding distance, handwash, etc.

But there have been increasingly more infections the last 2 weeks, so things might turn around again.
    In kindergardens the parents must 'deliver' & 'collect'the kids outside the building.

How can any rational person expect kindergarten kids to socially distance?

This is fucking nuts.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

My district still hasn't released their plans, but what I want to know is what the plan is when somebody tests positive or was in contact with whomever whenever. How can they possibly monitor this? Insane.

This is fucking nuts.
    C'mon, dude. You answered your own question.

This is fucking nuts.
    I think they are mostly afraid of the grown ups.
    It's certainly not a foolproof method, and I am sure that if the covid-level rises to Spain-USA-Brasil-Iran-Victoria-levels, they will sing a different tune.

Yet another reason to stay away from covid-19

https://www.newsweek.com/most-recove...-shows-1521456
    I've read a few articles that talk about long-term effects of the virus. The current stats being released only show the number of deaths, but it looks like morbidity may play a larger part as more people recover from this virus and more is learned about after-effects.

I was catching up with my massage therapist a couple of weeks ago. Her brother and SiL both had the virus in March (assuming it was Covid since back in March only people who were hospitalized were tested here...that has since changed and anyone can get tested), her brother is still have respiratory issues and her SiL is having neurological problems. They have run all kinds of tests on her SiL and have ruled out MS. They have not been able to find any reason for the issues that she's having. Both were perfectly healthy before getting the virus.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 1 Day Ago at 11:53 AM.