Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    For those afraid of needles: a skilled injectionist can poke in just the right spot so you don't even feel it. Exactly the same way one doesn't feel an acupuncturists needles.
    I have an 18-year-old who's afraid of needles and thinks she's not getting vaccinated. I don't think she realizes what she won't be able to do (go on vacation, attend concerts, go to the movies with her new boyfriend...) and how a tiny poke is much better than death or life-long implications.

I'll nudge her along.

I won't tell her there will be two shots.

I won't tell her to expect a booster in six months.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Anyone here have some "anti-vaxxer" friends? I heard from one who told me he has it on the sly from an ex-Phizer employee that the vaccine is filled with a neurotoxin that is designed to kill you in 3 years.

You just can't make this shit up!
    That's crazy! I thought the neurotoxin killed you in four years.

We should start saying that the vaccine also increases testosterone and helps with prostrate problems. A lot of stubborn old men will racing to the clinics.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    The next day after my first jab, no ill effects to speak of, apart from very slight discomfort at the injection site. No Microsoft agents tailing me out in public. No Borg implants growing out of my skull.
    YET!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    We should start saying that the vaccine also increases testosterone and helps with prostrate problems. A lot of stubborn old men will racing to the clinics.
    Making an appointment for my third as we speak.

"A little prick will help your little prick"
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

A nice surprise at the supermarket today...a guy outside in the parking lot playing an accordion. He was really good and his bucket reflected the rewards of his effort. I gave him $5, he was lucky as I don't have any cash on me since this pandemic took hold. I was curious as to what his situation was...an out of work musician or just someone that was just plain bored and wanted to cheer people up. Either way, he made my shopping experience a little more encouraging. BTW, it was / is very cold here at the moment and the wind was howling across the parking lot, so I passed on tweaking my curiosity.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Anyone here have some "anti-vaxxer" friends? I heard from one who told me he has it on the sly from an ex-Phizer employee that the vaccine is filled with a neurotoxin that is designed to kill you in 3 years.

Oh, there's goofier out there in the kookosphere:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-co...ticles&via=rss

Better yet, the vaccine should be banned. Then skeptics will say, "Oh yeah?! I'll show you! I'm getting the shot!"
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I'll Never! get a vax. It's chock full of fetus parts. Not even the good ones.

Since I am the Sly ex-Pfizer employee I can assure them that is not true........sorry, couldn't resist.......

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Since I am the Sly ex-Pfizer employee I can assure them that is not true........sorry, couldn't resist.......
    Corporate lackey pushing the message track again.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

On a more serious note, we have members of my wife's family who refuse to get the vaccine. We also have a good friend who says she will not get one. We try to talk sense into them, but it falls on deaf ears. We also have a friend who has not gotten a vaccine out of simple lazyness. He says he will eventually get one, but has not taken the initiative to actually make an appointment to get a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Corporate lackey pushing the message track again.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I have an 18-year-old who's afraid of needles and thinks she's not getting vaccinated. I don't think she realizes what she won't be able to do (go on vacation, attend concerts, go to the movies with her new boyfriend...) and how a tiny poke is much better than death or life-long implications.

I'll nudge her along.

I won't tell her there will be two shots.

I won't tell her to expect a booster in six months.
    I was afraid of needles as a small child, screaming fits, kicked a syringe out of a doctors hand.
    After they got me under control and I realized that it did not hurt, I was all better.
    Earlier in the year I got my flu shot at Target pharmacy. There was a family with a couple of young boys that were getting some prescriptions.
    They were very interested in the shot and my reactions. I think they were impressed that it looked so easy for me.
    For all of the "risky behaviors" young folks are attracted to, shots shouldn't be much of a thrill. But we are all different.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

On a more serious note, we have members of my wife's family who refuse to get the vaccine. We also have a good friend who says she will not get one. We try to talk sense into them, but it falls on deaf ears. We also have a friend who has not gotten a vaccine out of simple lazyness. He says he will eventually get one, but has not taken the initiative to actually make an appointment to get a shot.
    I had a similar discussion with my neighbor regarding COVID vaccination. She said her family may not get it. So I asked her if her family gets vaccinated against other infectious diseases and she said yes...I just turned and walked away. I guess it may not come as surprise that her husband was in DC on 01/06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's astonishing, really. Sometimes it's easy to forget how many people that think like that, who are out there. The other day, I somehow landed on a facebook thread full of people who were 'praying for those that got the vaccine', and who think the whole Covid situation is just 'another way to divide us'. Unreal.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    The other day, I somehow landed on a facebook thread full of people who were 'praying for those that got the vaccine', and who think the whole Covid situation is just 'another way to divide us'. Unreal.

neil
    I have such utter contempt for these kinds of people.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Three days from receiving the Moderna vaccine. The only side effect was a sore arm. My wife and I were laughing because I asked for the jab in the right arm instead ol left. I'm right handed so should have gone for the left arm.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Apparently 1/3 of all U.S. adults have been fully vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    It's astonishing, really. Sometimes it's easy to forget how many people that think like that, who are out there. The other day, I somehow landed on a facebook thread full of people who were 'praying for those that got the vaccine', and who think the whole Covid situation is just 'another way to divide us'. Unreal.

neil
    Yet, those are the ones being used for division if they were so damned gullible. They think they're the victims, but they are the tools.

Say what you will about social media, and it certainly is a cesspool. But, if social media has one benefit, it's revealed how lost we are and how far we still need to go as a species.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Meanwhile, available appointments go unclaimed and surplus exists in more than 500 counties, both rural and urban.

The concern, and it's a major one, is that we will not reach (or even come close to) the 75-85% rate needed to achieve herd immunity, with all the hardship, death, and division that implies.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...problem-483872

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The article I posted in #5516 said the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    Meanwhile, available appointments go unclaimed and surplus exists in more than 500 counties, both rural and urban.
    Please send any surplus to Canada. Thank you.

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Please send any surplus to Canada. Thank you.
    OK.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7777450/b...e-canada-help/