Page 179 of 235 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Tigers and Lions infected with covid–19 in Swedish Zoo

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/ko...us-flere-tigre
    Oh my....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It has been legal here for about 2 years now and there are dispensaries all over the place. As you mention it is still illegal under federal law, but that does not appear to be coming into play.
    The DEA under the Obama administration decided they weren't going to enforce marijuana laws. That pretty much stuck ever since.

As I mentioned, the banks don't want to get involved with any gray area matter. Too much potential liability.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    In Washington state the owners of dispensaries and grow ops were hit by a rash of "inside jobs" whereby they're cash boxes would get hit and they'd lose all their profits, including payroll. I guess safes were too expensive.
    "Insiders" would know the combinations to all the safes.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

It's already been established felines can get infected, but there is no evidence of transmitting to people...at least from what I've read out of concern early on with my dog. More panic button pushing...

On a personal note, my bro, sis in law and family now have it so that makes all 11 of us in the Klonk Factory scratched off the 'has yet to be infected list'. Although there was some initial concern with bro who has developed 9/11 related mild asthma, all are doing well.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

My “Pandemic-denying” neighbor just got his first vaccination. I’m finding a pattern among these idiots....they “say” they got it at the request of their children so that they can visit their Grandchildren..... this is the third time I’ve heard this excuse.....Pontificate and Posture but it’s the wives who March them down to the clinics ..... just like Mommies marching stubborn children to the doctor. It must be sad to be an old White Guy realizing that WASP is no longer the Top of the Social Pecking Order in this World. This is the same guy who maintains his Daughter-in-Law should be home raising her children instead of working......She is a GP at a family Medical Clinic!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    My “Pandemic-denying” neighbor just got his first vaccination. I’m finding a pattern among these idiots....they “say” they got it at the request of their children so that they can visit their Grandchildren..... this is the third time I’ve heard this excuse.....Pontificate and Posture but it’s the wives who March them down to the clinics ..... just like Mommies marching stubborn children to the doctor. It must be sad to be an old White Guy realizing that WASP is no longer the Top of the Social Pecking Order in this World. This is the same guy who maintains his Daughter-in-Law should be home raising her children instead of working......She is a GP at a family Medical Clinic!
    Neanderthal's should be at the bottom of the eligibility list.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    On a personal note, my bro, sis in law and family now have it so that makes all 11 of us in the Klonk Factory scratched off the 'has yet to be infected list'. Although there was some initial concern with bro who has developed 9/11 related mild asthma, all are doing well.
    I hope that everyone continues to do well.

I was discussing the difference between Canada and US with a friend over the weekend. 90% of the people that I communicate with are in Canada. AFAIK, only one person has contracted the virus. Of the remaining 10% of people that I communicate with in the US and other countries, I have heard about a lot of infections either directly or of family members. Even in my limited little world, the difference between Canada and the US is staggering.

The ingrained American "me-first" individualistic attitude does not fare well during a pandemic.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    My older son and I both tested Negative for HOGWEED-19! Doesn't mean a lot since we could get it from George any time. But it's kind of interesting as a point of reference, maybe. So I guess I've only been having common cold symptoms (and hey, that's just a different Corona Virus anyway, isn't it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Wow. AZ is becoming an enlightened state in SO many ways. Who'da thunk it?
    Ooh, suddenly we'll be visiting the in-laws a whole lot more! Once COVID is gone. Of course, they shared their medical MJ with us. And I now have an MMJ card (although I've only bought anything once - all the fun is gone! And my doctor doesn't approve the vape-able form, which I like best.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-26-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ooh, suddenly we'll be visiting the in-laws a whole lot more! Once COVID is gone. Of course, they shared their medical MJ with us. And I now have an MMJ card (although I've only bought anything once - all the fun is gone! And my doctor doesn't approve the vape-able form, which I like best.
    When we were in LA we went to Venice Beach and there were tents set up where you could buy a card for $40.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Good Lord!

Why camels are worrying coronavirus hunters

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...dly-than-covid

In northern Kenya, researchers are working to prevent a dangerous coronavirus – Mers – from jumping from camels to humans again. But climate change is making their job more difficult.

Avian Influenza, HIV/AIDS, SARS, and Influenza H1N1: these diseases are not just infamous for their human and economic impact, they also share one common trait. All four of these diseases are animal-related; they are not the only of their kind.

Zoonotic diseases–those that can be transmitted between animals and humans–represent approximately 75 percent of the newly emerging diseases currently affecting people. In the context of globalization and expansive trade and travel, these diseases can travel very quickly, posing serious public health, development and economic concerns.

https://www.ecohealthalliance.org/program/predict

Avian Influenza, HIV/AIDS, SARS, and Influenza H1N1: these diseases are not just infamous for their human and economic impact, they also share one common trait. All four of these diseases are animal-related; they are not the only of their kind.

Zoonotic diseases–those that can be transmitted between animals and humans–represent approximately 75 percent of the newly emerging diseases currently affecting people. In the context of globalization and expansive trade and travel, these diseases can travel very quickly, posing serious public health, development and economic concerns.

https://www.ecohealthalliance.org/program/predict
    Let's not forget Ebola with it's 90% fatality rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Let's not forget Ebola with it's 90% fatality rate.
    True - but as far as I know it is not very contagious, and there is now a vaccine that is 90-95 % effective.

Really?

Two Masks Are the New Masks

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/w...ing-covid.html

Really?

Two Masks Are the New Masks

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/w...ing-covid.html
    If you were really interested in stopping this virus, you would wear three!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I've been experimenting with the double mask approach. We're doing a road trip tomorrow to a much more populated area so we'll try to double up: a fiber/cloth mask over a paper surgical one.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

My pharmacist girlfriend has been double-masking from the beginning. Of course, she's very high risk, too.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    ^I didn't see the word "risk" when I first read your post. Sorry.

Yep, double masks with these new highly transmittable variants. Plus, social distancing is even more important than ever. It's no longer one or the other.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Ember
    My wife's cloth masks all have "filter pockets," which I gather is common. That would be double-masking, no? Personally, I've just been using disposable surgical type masks with the wire seal for the bridge of the nose, which helps prevent glasses fogging. And staying far, far away from humans and cats.

True - but as far as I know it is not very contagious, and there is now a vaccine that is 90-95 % effective.
    You're right about the contagious part. I think you have to come into direct contact with a person's body fluids. So it's very close contact only. I didn't realize that a vaccine had been approved, but a quick Google search shows me that you're correct. That's good news!

In northern Kenya, researchers are working to prevent a dangerous coronavirus – Mers – from jumping from camels to humans again. But climate change is making their job more difficult.
    Climate Change and Coronavirus are hoaxes. So are camels.

My boss who is 66 is getting her first shot tomorrow.

An old classmate (67yo) and his wife got first shot last week at the University of Washington Medical Center....in all the paperwork / shuffling around, he Forgot to make the followup appointment! It was a frustrating 4 days of phone calls to get it straitened out. So....when You go in...write on your forehead "make my followup appointment"

Here in WA state, Overlake Hospital in Bellevue got busted for offering high $$$ donors a "preference" in getting the vaccine early. The Governor called them out..... Money Talks!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/27/us/wa...ist/index.html
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga