Page 174 of 235 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Ontario declared it's 2nd state of emergency today and issued a stay-at-home order. Doesn't really affect me. I only leave the house if I need to.

I have asthma and I'm prone to bronchitis. I started feeling some bronchial tightness last week and am developing a cough. I spoke to my doctor today and after asking me questions about leaving my house, mask wearing, etc., he confidently stated, "Well, I guess we can rule out that this is viral". LOL!
    My girlfriend is also prone to bronchitis. After discussions with her doctor, she seems to have learned to distinguish the symptoms of that, versus potential Covid infection. The new Ontario state of emergency doesn't really affect me, as I still have to go in to work, lol. Many are saying that the new lockdown rules are too slight, and haven't gone nearly far enough. Especially given the incredible strain on hospital workers and hospital space.

An interesting story that we ran on CBC today, was about a daughter going into a long term care facility that has Covid infections, to tend to her 98 year old infected mom. Many LTC's don't allow anybody outside to come in, but this one did, under the circumstances. The girl claimed that due to the shortage of available health care workers, her mom would have died, had she not gone in to help. And that required 24/7 assistance on her part. A very brave woman, and an inspiring story. Her mom is doing okay again, too.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    But he didn't recommend my son (11) get tested, because he said the tests aren't really reliable(!).
    Well, that seems pretty reckless to me. And stupid. So, perhaps, he's referring to the chance of a false negative. But, what if he tests positive? And then gets retested?

Still seems irresponsible.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The Michigan governor is going to announce this afternoon that the indoor dining ban (and other restrictions) is going to be extended until February 1. It was originally set to expire this coming Friday. At this point she seems to be confident that the ban will be lifted on the 1st with capacity limits and curfews in place.

Meanwhile, vaccine distribution in the state continues to run behind where it was supposed to be by now. The State government is blaming the federal government, and the federal government is blaming the state. Supposedly there are supplies of the vaccine available. I have not talked to any of my old workmates on how manufacturing is going over at the plant lately, so don’t have any new information from that perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    T
    The State government is blaming the federal government, and the federal government is blaming the state.
    Hmmm... Gretchen Whitmer or Donald Trump. Which is more truthful?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    My girlfriend is also prone to bronchitis. After discussions with her doctor, she seems to have learned to distinguish the symptoms of that, versus potential Covid infection. The new Ontario state of emergency doesn't really affect me, as I still have to go in to work, lol. Many are saying that the new lockdown rules are too slight, and haven't gone nearly far enough. Especially given the incredible strain on hospital workers and hospital space.
    I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend also suffers from bronchitis. It's exhausting!

I have a friend who's job is to train the police and coordinate teams for various blitzes. He said the big change with the state of emergency is that there will be a lot more police involvement with ensuring that people and businesses comply with the Reopening Ontario Act.

I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend also suffers from bronchitis. It's exhausting!

I have a friend who's job is to train the police and coordinate teams for various blitzes. He said the big change with the state of emergency is that there will be a lot more police involvement with ensuring that people and businesses comply with the Reopening Ontario Act.
    And in response to this, my work has already provided us with letters, stating that we are an essential service, in case we are stopped by said police blitzes.

neil

Over 2,000 cases in Toronto yesterday. Almost double the previous high. I guess that the holiday numbers are starting to come in.

neil

We just found out this morning that our former neighbor has died of COVID. He was an elderly man, who was not in good health. Apparently his wife also caught it but survived. This is the first actual person I have known who has passed away. They had moved to a senior living facility a few months ago, so I assume they caught it there, but don't know any details.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Over 2,000 cases in Toronto yesterday. Almost double the previous high. I guess that the holiday numbers are starting to come in.

neil
    I struggled with holiday decision making but ended up only with family in my household - cancelled all others. When you see spikes like that one, you wish everyone was more cautious.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

neil
    That's interesting. The numbers in York Region have gone done for the last few days. We reported 197 cases today. We were over 400/day last week and exceeded 500 one day. Today is the first day in a long time that we've been under 200. Hopefully this trend continues and Toronto follows suit soon.

The 'english' B117 version spreads 70% faster, so don't expect the numbers to go down the next months.

Apparently, the so-called US vaccine stockpile that they promised to release doesn't exist.

Criminally incompetent.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Apparently, the so-called US vaccine stockpile that they promised to release doesn't exist.

Criminally incompetent.
    Give them a break. Well planned treason takes a lot of time and attention. It hardly gives one time to counter a virulent pandemic.

These headlines are from the Google News feed. Look at the source of the last one.

That's interesting. The numbers in York Region have gone done for the last few days. We reported 197 cases today. We were over 400/day last week and exceeded 500 one day. Today is the first day in a long time that we've been under 200. Hopefully this trend continues and Toronto follows suit soon.
    Back down to 800, or so, yesterday, so hopefully just a one-day blip.

neil

Nothing like working for Television news! Got in today and the first story that I had to edit was called: CLIP BG GRIM COVID CANADA.

Some script highlights: "There are troubling new signs of just how bad the pandemic situation may soon get in Canada", "...officials say all signs point to a pandemic rapidly getting out-of-control", "Pfizer is temporarily reducing its deliveries as it upgrades its factory in Europe. Canada will receive 50-percent less than expected doses over the next four weeks"

Yeesh. Well, it was predicted that things would get worse, before they get better. Perhaps this is why many say that lockdown measures have not gone far enough. Despite the fatigue, we need to stay the course and then things will improve.

neil

Some script highlights: "There are troubling new signs of just how bad the pandemic situation may soon get in Canada", "...officials say all signs point to a pandemic rapidly getting out-of-control", "Pfizer is temporarily reducing its deliveries as it upgrades its factory in Europe. Canada will receive 50-percent less than expected doses over the next four weeks"

neil
    Mmmmmm……….that is troubling news. The Pfizer facility in Europe would be the Puurs Belgium site. I wonder if they are having problems manufacturing the vaccine. I have not talked to any of my former peers here in Kalamazoo to see how things are going. I have been tempted, but it is kind of a sensitive subject now that I am no longer employed there. Manufacturing a large amount vaccine is not a simple process and not like making a car part or even a pill. There are lots of things that can go wrong. This is the first I have heard of supply problems from the manufacturing side, but to be honest it does not totally surprise me.

Nothing like working for Television news! Got in today and the first story that I had to edit was called: CLIP BG GRIM COVID CANADA.

Yeesh. Well, it was predicted that things would get worse, before they get better. Perhaps this is why many say that lockdown measures have not gone far enough. Despite the fatigue, we need to stay the course and then things will improve.

neil
    I'll take fatigue over death every day of the week.

Look at these top headlines from Google News. Then look at the source of the last one.

headlines copy.jpg

neil
    I don't know where you work Neil, but that's been the big story of the day on CP24. It sounds like a case of short-term pain for long-term gain as far as the manufacturing facility goes. I just hope that there are no delays in whatever upgrades they are making. In the meantime, some provinces are talking about extending the 2nd vaccination from 21 days to 42 days. I'm not sure what the science is behind how that will affect immunity.

The South-African strain 501Y/484K does not respond well to antibodies.

I posted sometime ago about my mother (then 90, now 91) testing positive three times but only having mild symptoms. She has tested positive for antibodies.
    She is one of the fortunate ones.

^^^ That’s great news!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

One of my friends mother age 93 went to the hospital just before christmas to have a check up on her shoulder. She fell a couple of months ago.
    She tested positive in the hospital, but had'nt a clue, didn't feel ill, thought at first they were having her on.

Same friends hairdressers husband got it on christmas evening and died 3 days later. He was obese, smoker and had diabetes (He was a motorcyclist biker in his younger days).

Strange virus...

My brother-in-law just died 2 hours ago.

He had severe cancer and the sad truth is that he probably wouldn't have survived it. Then he picked up Covid in the hospital!

Impossible (and irrelevant) to know if he died from the cancer or the Covid - bit I'm sure the Covid at least accelerated things.

Regards,

Duncan