Page 152 of 235 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    The Prime Minister announced the Canada will experience delays in getting the vacine because there is no domestic production.
    I can't speak for the Moderna vaccine, but the Pfizer one is being made here in Kalamazoo for all of North America including Canada. The U.S. has a distribution network which includes the military, so my guess would be domestic distribution will come quicker than across the border.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Apotex has a massive drug manufacturing facility in Toronto. I wonder if they could convert part of that without creating a shortage on the other drugs they produce there.
    The thing is, it is not that easy to move production of an injectable drug. I know nothing about Apotex and whether it produces injectable drugs, but even if it is you can't just move a drug that quickly. At the Pfizer plant where I work, we do contract manufacture drugs for other companies, but it takes a long time to get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Costco had only one entrance open, so the workers can wipe the shipping carts.
    They always only have one entrance and one exit.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The thing is, it is not that easy to move production of an injectable drug. I know nothing about Apotex and whether it produces injectable drugs, but even if it is you can't just move a drug that quickly. At the Pfizer plant where I work, we do contract manufacture drugs for other companies, but it takes a long time to get to that point.
    You make a very good point about injectables. I have no idea if it's possible. I was just thinking out loud.

Apotex is the largest producer of generic drugs in Canada.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 11-25-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Just went grocery shopping in Toronto. No shortages on TP or anything else.

neil
    Same here. The store was fully stocked in every aisle. In fact, I walked down the baking supply aisle and noticed that they were fully stocked with about six different brands of yeast which was near impossible to find for a really long time.

I had to go into the office today, at the North end of Toronto, to pick something up. Traffic getting there was a lot lighter than the last few times I've had to go in, and the parking garage was emptier. I hope that means people are taking heed to the warnings and are staying home.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    In Ottawa, public health is recommending celebrating Christmas only in your household. Just bought a new house and my wife's daughter is in Toronto and her husband and my son and his girlfriend are here in Ottawa. That's going to be a very tough pill to swallow to only do one household.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

No, not again.. There was no sign of toilet paper tonight in local stores.. I don't get it.. Why toilet paper..

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    In Ottawa, public health is recommending celebrating Christmas only in your household. Just bought a new house and my wife's daughter is in Toronto and her husband and my son and his girlfriend are here in Ottawa. That's going to be a very tough pill to swallow to only do one household.
    It's going to be tough this year, for sure. In Toronto, where my Mother and one brother live, they are recommending that you only celebrate with your household. York Region, where I and my other brother live, have said no more than five people for social gatherings indoors.

We're discussing the feasibility of advance porch drop-offs for a gift exchange and a Zoom party where we all order the same thing for dinner and watch each other open gifts. It's time to get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They always only have one entrance and one exit.
    Uh, no. The one near me has three entrances that are two-way traffic where the carts are. Then they all funnel into the store entrance.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    No, not again.. There was no sign of toilet paper tonight in local stores.. I don't get it.. Why toilet paper..
    High School prank wave about to hit your town.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Even if I were willing to drive 3000 miles to Toronto for toilet paper, I would be stopped at the Canada-US border and barred from entering, because the US leader has muffed the covid response here to the point where Americans are not welcome in any country in the world. Thanks, "Only Guy Who Can Fix This."
    A US passport used to be a ticket for visa-free travel to most countries on earth. Now holding a US passport makes one an international pariah.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I had to go into the office today, at the North end of Toronto, to pick something up. Traffic getting there was a lot lighter than the last few times I've had to go in, and the parking garage was emptier. I hope that means people are taking heed to the warnings and are staying home.
    The bus route next to my townhouse complex runs through the Arizona State University campus, in the neighboring suburb Tempe. Heavy traffic delays were priced into the route schedule, pre-Covid. Now when buses drive through the campus, they have to stop and wait 11 minutes or so to get back on schedule.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Judging from the number of cars in the neighborhood, and the number for folks I saw loading up and driving away earlier we are in for a rough winter.
    Lots of out of state visitors ( to be fair some of them come often, Grandchildren, must visit the Grandchildren ).
    We are forgoing our usual family thing, not going to miss it.
    My moms assisted living facility first allowed residents to go out, then last week announced if they were gone for more than 4 hours they has to quarantine in their room for 2 weeks, the Monday if they leave they have to to the 2 week quarantine.
    It's not forever, just feels like that to some people.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    It is true.
    The strange thing that the planners of this didn't dispose them in the plants that makes organic gas for heating.
    Free, usefull and non-polluting.

Uh, no. The one near me has three entrances that are two-way traffic where the carts are. Then they all funnel into the store entrance.
    Like I said, there is one entrance into the store.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    It is true.
    The strange thing that the planners of this didn't dispose them in the plants that makes organic gas for heating.
    Free, usefull and non-polluting.
    What's it like living in Copenhagen (size, weather, etc)?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Like I said, there is one entrance into the store.
    There are three entrances to the building. People usually enter three doorways to get carts. Then they funnel into the store entrance from there. To be abundantly clear, there are building entrances and a store entrance. This particular location now has two of the three building entrances closed so people aren't grabbing carts from three directions. So that way, the storeworkers can wipe off carts and allow people to get them as they come in the only remaining open building entrance.

Does that make it clearer for you?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

That is an odd configuration when compared to many other Costco locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    There are actually four entrances. You can't see one at the opposite end shown in this link.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Co....1075819?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    There is only one entrance to the store. When you roll up the bay doors where the carts are you are still outside.

Ember
    Happy Black Plague Friday, everybody!

There is only one entrance to the store. When you roll up the bay doors where the carts are you are still outside.
    Man, you are really a stubborn one, aren't you? You're the only person who claims you can walk into a door to a building that has walls and a roof, yet still be outside.

Man, you are really a stubborn one, aren't you? You're the only person who claims you can walk into a door to a building that has walls and a roof, yet still be outside.
    Largly semantics here ,But, the reality is one entrance. The 3 rollups lead into a protected outdoor space , like a covered porch if you will, which then leads to the one entrance into the store.
    The one entrance , one exit applies to customers. There are numerous others , loading docks , emergency side exits and the like.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    There are three entrances to the building. People usually enter three doorways to get carts. Then they funnel into the store entrance from there. To be abundantly clear, there are building entrances and a store entrance. This particular location now has two of the three building entrances closed so people aren't grabbing carts from three directions. So that way, the storeworkers can wipe off carts and allow people to get them as they come in the only remaining open building entrance.

Does that make it clearer for you?
    Can you post a drawing? Our Costco has a liquor store you access through a separate entrance after you go through one of those three entrances to the building. It's owned by Costco, but NY State law doesn't allow grocery stores to sell wine or liquor. There's also a tire shop through a FOURTH entrance to the building (I guess you can't sell tires in grocery stores either!).

Can we get any more anal about this? Maybe it deserves its own thread.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 11-28-2020 at 06:13 AM.

If you got any more anal you would have to admit there is only ONE entrance - or, rather, exit
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease