Page 212 of 235 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    OMG! Between posting my post above an hour ago, and now, I feel like I was hit by a truck. It came on fast! Knowing that this is my immune system learning how to fight Covid makes it all worthwhile. But I hope it passes quickly.
    Yikes! Is this on the day after you got your shot? I got mine about five hours ago, and feel fine so far.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Yikes! Is this on the day after you got your shot? I got mine about five hours ago, and feel fine so far.

neil
    Yes. I felt fine this morning and even commented to someone that my arm didn't even hurt. Then about 25 hours after my shot I started to feel a little under the weather. By hour 26 I was out for the count. Chills, dizziness, fatigue, and achy. I feel like I have the flu without a fever (I checked twice). My husband's arm is sore and he's a little tired, but he's otherwise fine so far.

On the bright side, my arm still doesn't hurt.

neil

Oh, and congratulations on getting your shot!

Yes. I felt fine this morning and even commented to someone that my arm didn't even hurt. Then about 25 hours after my shot I started to feel a little under the weather. By hour 26 I was out for the count. Chills, dizziness, fatigue, and achy. I feel like I have the flu without a fever (I checked twice). My husband's arm is sore and he's a little tired, but he's otherwise fine so far.

A hit of Tylenol worked wonders for me.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Gonna get my second shot next week. I had zero side effects from the first shot, but then again, I already had the 'Roma, so...

^ You had a tomato?

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    A hit of Tylenol worked wonders for me.
    Thanks. I took your advice and it seemed to help. Symptoms started to go away about seven hours after they started. I woke up this morning feeling fine.

New York, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and New Jersey together reported 44% of the nation's new COVID-19 infections, or nearly 197,500 new cases, in the latest available seven-day period, according to state health agency data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Total U.S. infections during the same week numbered more than 452,000.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    New York, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and New Jersey together reported 44% of the nation's new COVID-19 infections, or nearly 197,500 new cases, in the latest available seven-day period, according to state health agency data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Total U.S. infections during the same week numbered more than 452,000.
    Meanwhile one of those four states is taking victory laps.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ You had a tomato?
    'rona - fucking autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The fact they're all in the top 10 States population wise might have something to do with it, no?

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    I got my second Moderna shot yesterday. No side effects whatsoever.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Meanwhile one of those four states is taking victory laps.
    Meanwhile, Ontario just issued our third stay-at-home order, effective at midnight. All retail is closed to customers with the exception of essential services. Curbside pick-up is allowed. Big box stores (Costco, Walmart, etc.) must section off any aisles that are not grocery or pharmacy so that customers can only access essential items in an effort to reduce the number of shoppers. The order stands for a minimum of four weeks.

Meanwhile, Ontario just issued our third stay-at-home order, effective at midnight. All retail is closed to customers with the exception of essential services. Curbside pick-up is allowed. Big box stores (Costco, Walmart, etc.) must section off any aisles that are not grocery or pharmacy so that customers can only access essential items in an effort to reduce the number of shoppers. The order stands for a minimum of four weeks.
    My girlfriend will be ecstatic.

neil

Well, update, haha. Both my girlfriend and I got some nasty chills last night, and feel like garbage today. On the bright side, unlike her, i don't have any joint stiffness, or arm pain at all. Over twelve hours of feeling under the weather so far. Hopefully tomorrow we will feel fine.

neil

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Glad to hear that!

Sorry to hear that!

Hope you both feel better soon, Neil!

My son in college is getting a J & J shot on campus on Monday! My wife is scheduled for her first Pfizer shot on the 25th, so once she's had hers that will be everyone taken care of except my 12-year-old, but he had COVID-19 so hopefully has some immunity. Or resistance, or whatever.

I still find it interesting that when my son had COVID-19, none of the other three of us contracted it. We really didn't do anything to avoid it, and spent all of the time living normally at home and not really doing anything to steer clear of him, which just wouldn't have been very doable.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 04-07-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    That's awesome, Chad.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

Hope you both feel better soon, Neil!

(
    Thank you. We are both starting to feel a bit better now.

Congratulations, on getting your family taken care of, and hopefully your son has some immunity/resistance built up now, as you say.

neil

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm sincerly happy for my fellow Ontarians who have received the vaccine but when is my turn coming? Waa Waa.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm sincerly happy for my fellow Ontarians who have received the vaccine but when is my turn coming? Waa Waa.
    Greg, if you haven't already, I would recommend actually phoning a pharmacy to try and get an appointment. Registering online doesn't seem to work very well. I don't know anyone who has heard back from Shopper's or Rexall, whereas I have heard of some success stories of people phoning Rexall. I got lucky just by phoning my local pharmacy, that is three minutes from my house.

neil

Greg, if you haven't already, I would recommend actually phoning a pharmacy to try and get an appointment. Registering online doesn't seem to work very well. I don't know anyone who has heard back from Shopper's or Rexall, whereas I have heard of some success stories of people phoning Rexall. I got lucky just by phoning my local pharmacy, that is three minutes from my house.

neil
    That's good advice, Neil!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Vaccine confidence fears as under-30s in UK offered AstraZeneca alternative

Experts warn of impact after advice changes in response to 79 blood clot cases out of 20m vaccinations

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...says-regulator

Well, update, haha. Both my girlfriend and I got some nasty chills last night, and feel like garbage today. On the bright side, unlike her, i don't have any joint stiffness, or arm pain at all. Over twelve hours of feeling under the weather so far. Hopefully tomorrow we will feel fine.

neil
    Sorry to hear that Neil. Of the four people that I know that received shots on Monday, three felt poorly on Tuesday (I'm counted in that three). It seems pretty common. I hope you and your gf feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    That's good advice, Neil!

Greg. I second what Neil said. Even though there was a big sign saying "no walk-ins" where I got my shot, the pharmacist told me that he was taking walk-ins. I called my husband, who didn't register with Rexall, and told him to go right over. Make a few phone calls while you're waiting for the email.

Greg. I second what Neil said. Even though there was a big sign saying "no walk-ins" where I got my shot, the pharmacist told me that he was taking walk-ins. I called my husband, who didn't register with Rexall, and told him to go right over. Make a few phone calls while you're waiting for the email.
    Hi Esther - I'll definitely make a few phone calls. Thanks! Greg