Page 41 of 235 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Banned
    ^^^ Thanks for that Kevin, good to know that people seem to be following the recommendations and directives. Hope you're right about the curve. Looks like some areas like S.F. report decrease in new cases so staying at home and social distancing works. What I'm hearing is that we are still possibly two weeks away and perhaps more depending on the region from the peak. Of course we don't know for sure since testing is still an issue. Hang tight (from a fellow musician and introvert).

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    My wife works for this company and is pretty proud of them this morning.
    They have an approved method to decontaminate surgical masks for reuse.
    One of their mobile units has the capacity to process 80,000 masks per day and return them to the hospital they came from.
    They are working to deploy systems to hotspots around the country.
    Battelle does science.

https://www.battelle.org/inb/battell...em-for-covid19
    These are the real heroes, along with anyone who works in medicine, including those who came out of retirement.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

My wife has 4 part time jobs. She has been laid off from 3 and still getting paid by the 4th.

Not sure how to navigate unemployment process.

My employer being a social service agency, we are considered "essential" and I am still working.

Finally went out to the park and walked to get exercise for first time in two weeks.

I look for increase in breakups and affairs after this current crises eases. But I hope I am wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    My wife has 4 part time jobs. She has been laid off from 3 and still getting paid by the 4th.

Not sure how to navigate unemployment process.

My employer being a social service agency, we are considered "essential" and I am still working.

Finally went out to the park and walked to get exercise for first time in two weeks.

I look for increase in breakups and affairs after this current crises eases. But I hope I am wrong about that.
    I also have seen reports of a rise in domestic violence.
    So although this crisis has been seen to bring out the best in most folks it has also brought out the worst in some.

DtB

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm reaching out to assure you all that in these difficult times, although my boxed set fondling will continue, I will implement certain safeguards to ensure my own safety as well as that of the media and packaging. I will actually be six feet from the packaging, stroking it with a pointed stick. The point is to blunt the curve so that fewer boxes need to be fondled in the same period of time.

My job is considered essential here in Massachusetts. I have minimal interaction with co-workers and funeral directors.
    The hard part is keeping the number of attendees at funerals to a minimum (supposed to be no more than 10). This has
    led to some *ugly* family arguments at the cemetery regarding who was closer to the deceased.

I wish I was making this up, but its true... I can't wait for things to get back to "normal".

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    I wish I was making this up, but its true... I can't wait for things to get back to "normal".
    Hopefully, business won't be booming for you

whatever "normal" will look like. But there are going to be a lot of people who should be ashamed of themselves and should be made to feel so.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I asked a funeral home worker once if they had any problems. She told me when two sisters in wheelchairs were fighting over whose car was going to follow the hearse of their dead mother. She said they pulled each other out of their wheel chairs and were fighting on the floor.
    Last edited by Shadow; 03-31-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

^^
    for the two tigress on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    My job is considered essential here in Massachusetts. I have minimal interaction with co-workers and funeral directors.
    The hard part is keeping the number of attendees at funerals to a minimum (supposed to be no more than 10). This has
    led to some *ugly* family arguments at the cemetery regarding who was closer to the deceased.

Seeing the images from Italy and China (there are litterally thousands of empty funeral urns waiting in parking lots or garages), it looks like you won't have much a problem once it does go back to normal. Most (maybe all?) dead are (obligatorily?) incinerated and put in urns , while waiting for eventual ceremonies after the lockdown.

Soo, churches and cemeteries will maybe crowded, but the undertaker step is being by-passed.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^^ That "Pepper" cover is funny. The scaling is a bit off, but that's a minor nitpick.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    ^^^ Any bets that Vit C will be the next item to be hoarded and emptied from store shelves?
    So I did a small grocery shopping run after dinner yesterday and...vitamin C shelf was empty. The good news though, had I been looking for vitamin D, they had lots of that.

We should start a rumor that psyllium is a cure. Make America Regular Again.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Condolences to those waiting on toilet paper supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by StarThrower View Post

OH! The Humanity!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

millions of dollars of black market contraband wasted!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

They won't have a hard time finding people to help clean up.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar

Wipe out!

Some of you from other countries may not get this.

Quote Originally Posted by nodak View Post
    Has anyone thought about these folks:
    coronavirus-funny-jokes-2018-5e74c055b687d__700.jpg
    they're probably having a jolly good time, thinking that this god-sent to punish our sinful ways of living

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They won't have a hard time finding people to help clean up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Wipe out!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Some of you from other countries may not get this.

yeah, our european cops are also trying to find places open to serve coffee & junk food
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

"Why this crisis is a turning point in history
    The era of peak globalisation is over. For those of us not on the front line, clearing the mind and thinking how to live in an altered world is the task at hand."

https://www.newstatesman.com/2020/04...-point-history

^ Good article.

Ellis Marsalis has died from complications of coronavrius. Sad day.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.