Page 37 of 235 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    I have a part time job @ Lowes. I made sneeze guards for all of our checkout lines & customer service desks. It all seems so surreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There should be lots of plexiglass flying out the doors. Sneeze guards are going up everywhere.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    That kind of blackmail should lead directly to jail, especially if the surveillance camera (provided there is one) reorded it.
    I dont know about where you're from but here, the homeless people aren't afraid of jail.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1243402906469949440

This video clip shows what happens when all the spring breakers at one beach go home. It is terrifying...
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

^^ The spread of stupidity and selfishness.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Not really a lot of new info here for most of us, I suspect, but it's a pretty good summation, from a credible source. I hope a lot of young people watch this and get the message that a) they're not invulnerable, and b) they need to be part of the solution.

15 employees tested positive at my wife's hospital in Orange County, NY (including Drs, RNs, custodial, etc, etc)
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

So after 12 long days, my Dads fever may have finally broke. Today he's having a decent day...able to get up out of bed comfortably and just get some blood flowing. Very happy because depression was kicking in and that wreaks havoc on immune system. Hoping this is the sign of good things to come. I'm going on my 4th full day symptom free. My sister's family all seem to be on the mend as well. This thing is a badass! A long-lasting flu with a grab bag of symptoms that just pop up whenever...all with a consistant, fuck you, fever. Good riddance! Hopefully...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Banned
    ^^^ Great news! Glad to hear that you are all on the mend. Best wishes.

Sorry to hear that Chalkpie - my wife also works in a hospital daily and they have at least a couple employees out with the virus. Scary.

Glad to hear, Klonk!

My daughter works in a hospital and we're also pretty worried.

I spoke to my neighbor who works in a trauma unit. Her son had told me that they had the flu, so I asked her about it. It was in January. She also had the flu in December. She's pretty sure she had COVID-19, since she had a flu shot and it knocked them on their collective asses. Scary shit right next door.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Warholes 15 minutes of fame or...

"Coronavirus: New York doctor says '9/11 was nothing compared this' "

NYC doctors say coronavirus is worse than 9/11: ‘There’s no escaping this’

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/nyc-do...escaping-this/

https://news.sky.com/video/ny-icu-do...mpact-11963890

Belgian confinement (lockdown) extended until April 18.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

My wife did a Costco and wine run today, we've barely set foot outside the house for the last ten days. Nice to get stocked up, but now it's time for another ten days or more of staying right where we are. The lineup to get in Costco was awful, but once inside, apparently it was a much nicer shopping experience than usual (only 50 people at a time, I believe it was). Plenty of hand-washing and using disinfectant wipes on anything outside our home that required touching (pressing elevator buttons, grocery cart handles, etc.)

I originally thought we'd be ordering our groceries, but I don't like the idea of someone else handling them all beforehand. If I can remove one more person from the chain, that's better than nothing IMO.

As I was typing this, I got one of those Orwellian 'Emergency Alert's on my phone from the Ontario government stating that anyone returning from traveling is to isolate for 14 days without going to stores or visiting anyone whatsoever. I practically jumped out of my seat when it went off. Then two minutes later, again in French. Sigh.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I must have missed something earlier in this thread, because I have no idea what is happening in Alabama.
    You didn't miss anything in the thread, I just heard he did not support a shelter in place order. Looks like that is changing today, though.....
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I need a few beers today. Been crazy at work trying to help users remotely who dont know how to read instructions. Normally I only shop on weekends but bars are closed so I'm gonna go to the grocery store after work. If it's pure mayhem ill turn around. I can wait another day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    As I was typing this, I got one of those Orwellian 'Emergency Alert's on my phone from the Ontario government stating that anyone returning from traveling is to isolate for 14 days without going to stores or visiting anyone whatsoever. I practically jumped out of my seat when it went off. Then two minutes later, again in French. Sigh.
    If you get a third alert in German you can really start worrying...

The initial stimulus bill finally passed. Plenty of pork from both parties . Yippie . LOL.

I had to make another medication run for my wife and hit the grocery store for dairy stuff (the manicotti asks for three cheeses), cat litter, and beer (no one was at the liquor store). I wore latex gloves the whole time. Better safe than coughing up blood.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

On a positive note, my partner Marcia was just offered a job that will provide substantially better income and benefits (esp. health care). So I guess the business world isn't entirely going down the tubes.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Le sigh....

Nevada’s governor on Tuesday banned the use of anti-malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus patients.
    I don't get this. Faucci said there was evidence, even if it's only a very small sample size and anecdotal at this time, that this might help. Another doc has used it with azithromicyn and zinc - that's the most important thing. The hydroxy just helps the zinc get into the body and the other is for bacterial illness and he's not sure if that helps but the main thing here seems to be vitamin c and this combo are the only things I've heard of yet that seem to do something hopeful and both are still anecdotal.
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 03-27-2020 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Removed link.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    So after 12 long days, my Dads fever may have finally broke. Today he's having a decent day...able to get up out of bed comfortably and just get some blood flowing. Very happy because depression was kicking in and that wreaks havoc on immune system. Hoping this is the sign of good things to come. I'm going on my 4th full day symptom free. My sister's family all seem to be on the mend as well.
    That's pretty fucking awesome.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Everyone, while the thread is mostly informative and positive, we are continuing to receive some complaints in regards to some of the links that are being posted to this thread.

Links to sites that are hyper-partisan, someone's personal blog/rant/YT channel, or promote conspiracy theories will be removed. Think twice before posting a questionable or toxic source. Thanks for understanding.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Great news, Klonk!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Everyone, while the thread is mostly informative and positive, we are continuing to receive some complaints in regards to some of the links that are being posted to this thread.

Links to sites that are hyper-partisan, someone's personal blog/rant/YT channel, or promote conspiracy theories will be removed. Think twice before posting a questionable or toxic source. Thanks for understanding.
    Turns out that article was misleading. Well, I didn't read it all but according to the paper it's just banned for outpatient situations where hoarding might occur. I should have looked a little closer.

Here's the link to the vitamin c in NYC. They mention also two of the three I mentioned but not the zinc which the other doctor seems is the key.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/new-yo...ith-vitamin-c/
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    ^^^ Any bets that Vit C will be the next item to be hoarded and emptied from store shelves?