Page 96 of 235 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Only made-up narratives are not hoaxes these days.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    This article in the NYT is pretty essential reading:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/s...s-spreads.html
    That was an interesting read. Now they have to figure out who the spreaders are.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Young people are throwing coronavirus parties with a payout when one gets infected, official says

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/al...rnd/index.html
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

^ Darwinism at work. Hard to figure it happening in Alabama, though.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Hard to figure it happening in Alabama, though.
    You forgot your snark tag methinks.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Any wonder we have a problem after these type comments?

China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”

It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine,” Trump told CNBC’s Joe Kernen from the World Economic Forum in Davos.

The president said he trusts the information coming out of China on the coronavirus, which has killed nine people there and sickened hundreds more.

I have a great relationship with President Xi,” said Trump, addressing a question about whether he’s concerned about transparency in China. “The relationship is very good.”

President Donald Trump accused Democrats of “politicizing” the deadly coronavirus during a campaign rally here on Friday, claiming that the outbreak is “their new hoax” as he continued to downplay the risk in the U.S.

Here in AZ, it's getting to the point where doctors are going to have to decide who receives treatment and who doesn't. Those who do will be the young people with their whole lives ahead of them, despite young people being the primary spreaders these days.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Herman Cain hospitalized with Covid-19:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/polit...rus/index.html

Proverbs 13:20

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Here in AZ, it's getting to the point where doctors are going to have to decide who receives treatment and who doesn't. Those who do will be the young people with their whole lives ahead of them, despite young people being the primary spreaders these days.
    So my wife is very worried about her father. Her parents live near Tucson, and he has respiratory issues. Stupid governor of Arizona!

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Any wonder we have a problem after these type comments?

China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus.
    But they must also do something about the wet markets create all the pandemics.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

A couple asides not directly about the virus:

Yester evening, I stopped at a brewery to purchase a growler of beer to take home. It wasn't crowded, and and each group of people was properly distanced. However, no one was wearing a mask, not even the servers. I was the only one of the 20 or so there wearing a mask (and gloves.) It appears that people have just had it with lockdown and prefer to roll the dice.

And in the tangential "There's a lot of stupid out there" department, this morning I saw a guy mowing his lawn with a push mower. Standing ahead of him and to the side was a little fat kid, probably 6 or 7 years old. As the man pushed the mower, the fat kid would run from the side and leap over it, landing on his feet. What could go wrong, right? Aside from the fact that the kid's brain would probably fit in a matchbox, you gotta wonder wtf is wrong with the adult? Why doesn't he tell the kid that a fucking lawnmower isn't a toy? This is just another day in small town middle America. It's only a matter of time until drool buckets are a fashion accessory.

^^ I still wear gloves everywhere. I couldn't care less what others think.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Herman Cain hospitalized with Covid-19:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/polit...rus/index.html

Proverbs 13:20
    He better hope one of his 9s is his number of lives, like a cat.

He better hope one of his 9s is his number of lives, like a cat.
    Yeah, 9-9-9. Maybe it got turned upside down.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Not conspiration rubbish, and a word about vaccines:

- The most logical explanation is that it comes from a laboratory
    Famous Norwegian virus scientist Birger Sørensen has done a thorough research on the corona virus. He and his colleagues believe it has some properties that are not naturally developed in nature. The conclusions may be politically controversial, but in this interview he talks about the research findings behind the headline.

https://translate.google.com/transla...orium%2F360836

No, it didn't come from a wet market. I never believed that.

Meaningless until he publishes data. For now, it is just publicity.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

About herd immunity based on recent results:

https://theconversation.com/coronavi...nfected-141584
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Trump Jr. girlfriend test positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Trump Jr. girlfriend test positive.
    Thoughts and prayers.

She's also a campaign official and former Fox personality.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Guilfoyle was once married to current California governor Gavin Newsom, a lifelong Democrat. Then she did time at Fox News, and now she is with DJTJ. One wonders, WTF? This one, however, never heard of her before she tested positive for Covid. So, yeah. Thoughts and prayers.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

^^ And she remains asymptomatic, making her a super-spreader.

^^ And she remains asymptomatic, making her a super-spreader.
    We knew she was a super spreader when she hooked up with Trump Jr.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Hello Gang!.
    We're really starting to get complicated around here:
    (Remember that our population is approximately 5,000,000 people)

"Saturday, July 4, 2020.
    As of July 4, 310 new cases of COVID-19 are registered, for a total of 4621 confirmed cases, with an age range of zero to 96 years. There are 1,946 women and 2,675 men, of whom 3,275 are Costa Rican and 1,346 are foreigners.

Positive cases are recorded in 79 cantons. By age we have: 3,652 adults, 220 older adults and 662 minors, 87 are under investigation.

1721 recovered persons are registered in 75 cantons.
    The recovered cases have an age range of zero to 94 years, of which 779 are women and 942 are men, by age we have: 1,356 adults, 75 older adults, 241 minors and 49 are under investigation.

There are 18 regrettable deaths, nine women and nine men with an age range of 26 to 89 years.

73 people are hospitalized, 10 of them in intensive care with an age range of 40 to 76 years."

More:
    https://www.ministeriodesalud.go.cr/...-noticias-2020

Recent Developments:

- Costa Rica is currently in its second wave. It saw its highest daily increase of new COVID-19 cases on July 4. There were 310 new cases over 24 hours.
    On July 2, it was announced that there is ongoing community transmission (spread of the virus without knowing the exact source of each case) in San Jose’s greater metropolitan area.

- Starting in June, the Costa Rican Government began issuing yellow and orange emergency alerts in several cantons and specific districts where the virus is spreading. These alerts come with increased vehicular restrictions as well as the closure of several waterways for navigation near border areas. Additionally, businesses with a health permit must abide by specific measures in these areas.

- Starting on June 27, masks or face shields became mandatory for some situations. This includes anyone who interacts with the public (e.g., employees at restaurants, banks, churches, cinemas, theaters). The general public is required to wear them at banks, cinemas, theaters, medical centers, jails, and on public buses and in taxis.
    On July 2, the order was modified to require clients of supermarkets and all other stores to wear them as well.

- Closures: Mass gathering events like concerts, sporting events, festivals, and fairs will remain closed, even with reopening measures.

- Campaigns by the government-run healthcare system (CCSS) are continuously informing the public of preventative techniques such as hand washing, social distancing, wearing masks, and cleaning procedures. They are delivering the information through television, radio, and social media.

- Emergency Alerts:
    Costa Rica’s National Emergency Commission has issued a Yellow Alert for most of the country. This alert reinforces the measures laid out by the Ministry of Health in the "reopening plan" for our country.
    In June and July, some cantons and districts have been issued an Orange Alert, with stricter vehicle and business restrictions

More:
    https://www.twoweeksincostarica.com/...a-coronavirus/

Our lovely daughter is still in Australia (miss her so much!)
    At this moment, we're fine!

Finally, I'm very worried about a brother who lives in Panama City, Panama!

Please, stay safe and take care of yours too!

Regards,
    Tomás.
    Last edited by TCC; 07-05-2020 at 03:03 AM.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

He posted his regrets over attending a party in California. The next day, he died of coronavirus

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/02/u...rus/index.html

"A friend attended the party while sick" !