Page 62 of 235 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    But my wife is a bit freaked by the whole house sort of becoming a man cave.
    You need to buy her some shit to fondle too. She's probably getting jealous.

I haven't experienced long lines at the grocery store. Could be because people go everyday and get whatever they need. I only go on weekends. Today I actually found some cleaning products. I don't even bother looking for isopropyl alcohol or hand sanitizer. Food is abundant.
    E-A-T

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I was planning on getting a passport this year but at this point it's not important. I'm not a big traveler but I really want to visit the U.K. and maybe Spain. I'm 62 years old. I'd like to make the trip some day but if it doesn't happen I'm ok with it. But I really wanted to get the passport. Maybe I still will get one. You need a passport in Miami-Dade County.
    They're good for 10 years and not that expensive. Go ahead and get it, and when the vaccine/therapeutic is developed and things reopen, you'll be ready to go. If you don't, it'll take some time to actually get the passport. I think it was at least 6 weeks the last time I got one.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They're good for 10 years and not that expensive. Go ahead and get it, and when the vaccine/therapeutic is developed and things reopen, you'll be ready to go. If you don't, it'll take some time to actually get the passport. I think it was at least 6 weeks the last time I got one.
    Yeah I'm taking a week off in June. I guess I need a birth certificate and proof of residency. I have all that. Shit, my adult daughter has a passport. She's been to Latin America. She visited Nicaragua with her boyfriend before I even met the guy. So I met the kid and his hair was longer than my daughters...…
    E-A-T

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ok, serious question here, not sure where else to ask:

Once things went south we told our housekeeper to stop coming for now, but we’ve kept paying her.
    Her husband had to quarantine because he was around someone who tested positive. He quarantined for two weeks and neither of them have symptoms (she has a teen son too). My wife thinks it’s now ok for her to start coming and cleaning again. She’s back cleaning for one other family.

I think it’s a bad idea and undoes the whole isolation thing. She thinks it’s no riskier than if I go food shopping. The money isn’t really an issue, we’ll figure that out. But my wife is a bit freaked by the whole house sort of becoming a man cave.

That’s basically it. I’d ask Fauci or Sanjay Gupta if I could!
    She could still be carrying it, even without symptoms. Some who have recovered are still testing positive and they aren't sure if they can still spread it. Better safe than sorry.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Some of you might remember the 'America first, the Netherlands second' video of a few years ago, which went viral and resulted in a cascade of similar videos from other countries.
    Here's a video of the same guy with his take on the WHO and China. English subtitles are available.

This one is also funny; Coronaleaders

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

^^ It's like standing outside at night with your eyes closed and saying there are no stars out.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Thought I'd pass this along. My sister in laws mother died a few days ago. Not a covid related death. She was 92 and had been in assisted care for 3 years, suffering from dementia, for the last 3 months or so she could not even eat by herself, or get up. My sister in law, who hasn't been able to visit since the outbreak, was called and told she and her brother could come see her as she likely only had a day left. So they did. And she passed. Two days later she received the death certificate, which stated death from covid 19. She freaked, because neither she nor her brother had worn protective gear. And they both went home to their families. She called the doctor, who assured her it was an error, she had not had the virus.
    So, do you think it was an honest (albeit stupid) mistake, or is there a monatary benefit to falsifying the report?

It may have been a stupid mistake, but you need to put pressure on your Dr(if he pronounced death) or the Medical Examiner to correct the death certificate.
    I assume the Death Certificate is a legal document and cause of death should be the correct diagnosis.
    Don't let this one go...
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by jglfan View Post
    So, do you think it was an honest (albeit stupid) mistake, or is there a monatary benefit to falsifying the report?
    My opinion: I don't think it's a mistake. This is happening all over the nation.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    My opinion: I don't think it's a mistake. This is happening all over the nation.
    My opinion is that deaths are being under reported across the nation as there is still inadequate testing and significant numbers of people are dying at home rather than in hospitals.

Official Accounts Understate the US Coronavirus Death Toll

<edit> This is not comment on the specific case sighted above since I have to insight into the particulars...
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 04-20-2020 at 12:57 PM.

^^ Certain people benefit from the numbers being under-reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    My opinion is that deaths are being under reported across the nation as there is still inadequate testing and significant numbers of people are dying at home rather than in hospitals.

Official Accounts Understate the US Coronavirus Death Toll

<edit> This is not comment on the specific case sighted above since I have to insight into the particulars...
    Good thing you added that, because that's a separate, if connected, issue...

Banned
    ^^^ Yes, I want to be careful and not start a debate

Don't put the icky in politicky.

The “System” is overwhelmed. It could be an honest mistake. Imagine how many more Death Certificates are issued / day compared to just two months ago.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Don't put the icky in politicky.
    Moi? Surely you jest!

Some more musicians unfortunately passed away due to Covid-19:
    Master producer Hal Wilner died at 64
    Jazz bassist Henry Grimes (of Spiritual Unity)
    Rip

Weird days indeed.

‘Benchmark US oil prices crashed into negative territory for the first time in history as the evaporation of demand caused by the coronavirus pandemic has left the world awash with oil and not enough storage capacity — meaning producers are paying buyers to take it off their hands. West Texas Intermediate, the US marker, lost more than 250 per cent on Monday to trade as low as -$40.32 a barrel in a day of chaos in oil markets. Traders capitulated in the face of limited access to storage capacity across the US, including the country’s main delivery point of Cushing, Oklahoma.
    (Reported in the Financial Times, which is reliable)
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Banned
    ... and so it tragically goes. Case in point.

dead-dumazz.jpg

Banned
    ...and on the flip side, heroic "bad ass" nurses block protesting morons!

wwvgoghx.jpg

https://twitter.com/McclaranAlyson/s...blocked-denver

<edit>...and today in Harrisburg, PA:

B48FB09B-F044-4F07-BBD1-65AED2CD0CBE.jpg
    ABD0C4E6-C0AF-447C-B772-A9734E23CB1E.jpg
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 04-20-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Weird days indeed.

‘Benchmark US oil prices crashed into negative territory for the first time in history as the evaporation of demand caused by the coronavirus pandemic has left the world awash with oil and not enough storage capacity — meaning producers are paying buyers to take it off their hands. West Texas Intermediate, the US marker, lost more than 250 per cent on Monday to trade as low as -$40.32 a barrel in a day of chaos in oil markets. Traders capitulated in the face of limited access to storage capacity across the US, including the country’s main delivery point of Cushing, Oklahoma.
    (Reported in the Financial Times, which is reliable)
    Just think if ONE of those companies took a serious attempt (not just for PR) at pursuing green technologies and policies. They would be better-protected from this and leading the charge to a cleaner planet. Instead, they're looking to get bailed out AGAIN.

Somehow people see this as a political issue.