Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    I'm having a colonoscopy(my third) soon and i'm required to get a Covid test three days before the procedure.I've had both vaccinations.Not looking forward to having that giant Q-tip shoved up my nose.
    Interesting. I had one a few weeks ago and they required no test. They took my temperature upon entering the hospital and that was it.

Good luck.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Ember
    I've managed to get through the whole marathon without needing, or having, a test. Now that I'm vaxxed, I hope that doesn't change.

We interrupt this program for an important Public Service Announcement from Dr. Lerxst (Alex Lifeson)

LIfeson.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    We interrupt this program for an important Public Service Announcement from Dr. Lerxst (Alex Lifeson)

LIfeson.jpg
    This explains the Rush for a vaccine.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    This explains the Rush for a vaccine.
    The Temples of Syringe.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

^^HAHAHAH! Scott and Ronmac, you guys are killing me!

Neil

Florida is Completely Open baby!

Just got dose dos. Five more minutes in observation, them heading home.

^^^ At this point in the discussion, just keep the name calling and insults of politicians (etc.) to yourselves. It only ends up rallying some and riling up others. And given the positive trends in the US, let’s endeavor to keep the discussion flowing in that direction. Thanks guys.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I'm having a colonoscopy(my third) soon and i'm required to get a Covid test three days before the procedure.I've had both vaccinations.Not looking forward to having that giant Q-tip shoved up my nose.
    I'd not look forward to having that giant scope shoved up my ass, but we are all different.
    My favorite fortune cookie read: "The only way to be successful on the internet is the keep the assholes preventing valuable discussion and eliminate the discussion itself."

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    ^^^ At this point in the discussion, just keep the name calling and insults of politicians (etc.) to yourselves. It only ends up rallying some and riling up others. And given the positive trends in the US, let’s endeavor to keep the discussion flowing in that direction. Thanks guys.
    No problem. I will post reality, but try to strike the correct balance. I will lean toward cautious optimism, but with emphasis on caution. Doing otherwise might be feel-goody, but it's also reckless.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I'd not look forward to having that giant scope shoved up my ass, but we are all different.
    You won't be awake, will you? The worst part is the prep, but even that is better than it was a few years ago.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Since we're in la-la land during the procedure,i haven't found it a big deal.The prep is another story.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

the prep for Colonoscopy are an undertaking, although I know having had 2 of them, I refuse to drink the whole thing the night before, per it didn't make any difference. And also to only eat something light after the procedure, per I had dinner later that evening that went right through me.

Afa COVID, I got both of mine, very little side-effects thankfully. My wife on the other hand, did fine with 1st, but her 2nd was on Friday, and by early Saturday she was in hell. She was dealing with leg aches so bad, she could not sleep at all. Then she got a fever and was starting to lose her sense of taste and smell.

Thankfully her symptoms went away the next day (Sunday), but after going through that, she may never want to get another vaccine again per had she known that would happen to her, she likely would have skipped it.

Enjoying John Oliver taking down anti-vaxxers on HBO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Since we're in la-la land during the procedure,i haven't found it a big deal.The prep is another story.
    I wish someone would have told my doctor that...
    My favorite fortune cookie read: "The only way to be successful on the internet is the keep the assholes preventing valuable discussion and eliminate the discussion itself."

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    Enjoying John Oliver taking down anti-vaxxers on HBO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I need to watch that.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    the prep for Colonoscopy are an undertaking, although I know having had 2 of them, I refuse to drink the whole thing the night before, per it didn't make any difference. And also to only eat something light after the procedure, per I had dinner later that evening that went right through me.

Afa COVID, I got both of mine, very little side-effects thankfully. My wife on the other hand, did fine with 1st, but her 2nd was on Friday, and by early Saturday she was in hell. She was dealing with leg aches so bad, she could not sleep at all. Then she got a fever and was starting to lose her sense of taste and smell.

Thankfully her symptoms went away the next day (Sunday), but after going through that, she may never want to get another vaccine again per had she known that would happen to her, she likely would have skipped it.
    That sounds awful, but at least it was only a day. Imagine if she actually had Covid and that went on for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I need to watch that.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

24 hours after shot no. 2 and I seem fine, other than some shoulder soreness. I massaged and moved the shoulder right after, but it's basically the same as after the first shot. I did walk two miles to the vaccination site and immediately walked two miles back. Not sure if that helped or not.

Thanks, Mark!

While driving home from my wife's laser eye surgery (210 mile drive) we were scanning Sirius and landed on Howard Stern. Wow, he was just ripping into a couple people trying to spin anti-vax bullshit.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

E0ohCGDWEAoojpM.jpg In view of the chart posted today Gov Cuomo announced that in two weeks if you are fully vaxxed you can go to Yankee Stadium and sit in a full capacity section, for those who are not they will be administering J&J vaxxes outside the Stadium (one and done), you sit in a safe distance section and get a free ticket to another game. While I am done editorializing in this thread I will continue to post facts and figures of what's going on here in NY for your edification, unless you'd rather I didn't. Out of 165,000 tests yesterday the infection rate was 1.49%, there were 31 fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    While I am done editorializing in this thread I will continue to post facts and figures of what's going on here in NY for your edification, unless you'd rather I didn't.
    I find these posts very informative.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    ^^^ Yes, I picked up information from one of your posts that applies to the vaccine I received.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.