Page 192 of 235 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    The J&J vaccine has proven effective against the South African and Brazilian strains, whereas the others, not so much.
    I haven't read that anywhere. Do you have a link for this?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...explained.html

"All three vaccines were 100% effective at preventing severe disease six weeks after the first dose (for Moderna) or seven weeks after the first dose (for Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, the latter of which requires only one dose). Zero vaccinated people in any of the trials were hospitalized or died of COVID-19 after the vaccines had fully taken effect."
    Thanks. This is what I was looking for and is certainly the best response of the ones given. Still, makes it seem like the Pfizer or Moderna one is better, though. But this does ease the mind a bit, given the bit you quoted from the article.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    I think most people don't understand how the vaccines work, I wish everyone could read it, it would make people feel much better about getting them, and more confident once they have reached immunity from serious illness.
    I reposted it on my Facebook page and highlighted the same quote that you did.

Both the Southafrican strain and the Brasilian strain is now in Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I haven't read that anywhere. Do you have a link for this?
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/16/afric...ntl/index.html
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Sure is nice that people with no medical training can decide the pandemic is over just because they're tired of it. Saw a woman and child (old enough to know better) in a large, crowded store. Both wore their masks over their chins, not covering the mouth or nose. Once they got in the door, they didn't care. The employees of the store were in compliance. Just some of the customers doing their own thing to the detriment of everyone's health. Also visited one business where staff gets close to customers. Some of the staff were ignoring the posted "Masks Required" sign on the wall, and bare-facing anyone who came in the door. In this case, the customers were more Covid-conscious than the staff. I have to find a way to get vaccinated, very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Sure is nice that people with no medical training can decide the pandemic is over just because they're tired of it. Saw a woman and child (old enough to know better) in a large, crowded store. Both wore their masks over their chins, not covering the mouth or nose. Once they got in the door, they didn't care. The employees of the store were in compliance. Just some of the customers doing their own thing to the detriment of everyone's health. Also visited one business where staff gets close to customers. Some of the staff were ignoring the posted "Masks Required" sign on the wall, and bare-facing anyone who came in the door. In this case, the customers were more Covid-conscious than the staff. I have to find a way to get vaccinated, very soon.
    Mask compliance in Michigan is still good. People still following the rules pretty much everywhere I go. The gov just announced that people over 50 with no pre-existing conditions can start getting vaccinations beginning mid-March, so hopefully the wife and I can get ours before too much longer down the road.

Canada has approved the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. That’s four approved vaccines now. Hopefully we can get our shit together and get those vaccines in the door and into arms.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Canada has approved the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. That’s four approved vaccines now. Hopefully we can get our shit together and get those vaccines in the door and into arms.
    Here, here. I like that the fact the J & J Vaccine is one dose and has 100% no hospitalization, or worse, success rate in the testing phase.

neil

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    - I'm greatly looking forward to rolling up my sleeve.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

That J&J vaccine is going to really take off.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Got my first Pfizer shot this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    With the masking we have had, to the extent at which people complied, we haven't had a flu season this year. That alone should erase any doubt in anyone's mind that masks are in fact effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Got my first Pfizer shot this morning.
    Excellent news! Congratulations!

Unless I'm misreading, this seems to be compared to the astra zenaca vaccine, which isn't even approved for use in the USA right now.

This article also helps: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...k4enz0IwY0imLQ

I would still prefer the pfizer, but I wouldn't say no to the J&J one.

Mask compliance has been very good lately here in northern Ohio. They must have finally gotten through to the covidiots.

What are the Brazil, South Africa and UK variants and will vaccines work?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55659820

In Texas yesterday, I shopped at three stores, went by my credit union, renewed my car tags at a government building, and ate at a restaurant.
    90% of the people were mask free, including all the workers... except the restaurant wait staff.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    ^Sounds risky but if you are comfortable that's all that matters.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    In Texas yesterday, I shopped at three stores, went by my credit union, renewed my car tags at a government building, and ate at a restaurant.
    90% of the people were mask free, including all the workers... except the restaurant wait staff.
    You have nothing to worry about. Governor Abbott will protect you from Covid. It's a hoax anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    You have nothing to worry about. Governor Abbott will protect you from Covid. It's a hoax anyway.
    Yes, Louis Pasteur was a charlatan. There's no such thing as microorganisms.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Yes, Louis Pasteur was a charlatan. There's no such thing as microorganisms.
    Actually, virus's are not living microorganisms. RNA or DNA encapsulated in a protein capsule.
    Zero people under 30 years old died of Covid, of seven million people, in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.

Actually, virus's are not living microorganisms. RNA or DNA encapsulated in a protein capsule.
    Zero people under 30 years old died of Covid, of seven million people, in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
    But one wonder how many people died because those young people spread the virus....you do not wear mask for yourself but for others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of 3/5/21, 216 people between the ages of 20 and 29 died of COVID in Texas.

I don't know how many were in Dallas/Ft. Worth (I would bet some were), but don't they matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    But one wonder how many people died because those young people spread the virus....you do not wear mask for yourself but for others

Unless, of course, you're heartless, selfish, stupid, ignorant or all of the above.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    ....you do not wear mask for yourself but for others

As has been said...the wrong approach to take with Americans in 2021.