Page 173 of 235 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    That's what governments are for.
    Government assistance is fine if you live in squalor. Anywhere halfway decent around here costs an arm and a leg to live in, and would still require another source of cash flow on top of assistance, unless things like bills and groceries aren't important. :/
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Government assistance is fine if you live in squalor. Anywhere halfway decent around here costs an arm and a leg to live in, and would still require another source of cash flow on top of assistance, unless things like bills and groceries aren't important. :/
    It's all about priorities. Governments are perfectly capable of finding money for their pet projects, like tax breaks for the rich and endless wars to prop up the military industrial complex. Too bad keeping citizens alive rarely qualifies in the eyes of those who control the purse stings.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's my turn to have the Trump virus! Last night I started feeling awful at 11pm - fever and chills mostly - the worst chills I remember having. This morning we found out our son was exposed at school on Friday from a teacher who had symptoms Saturday - so it's travelling its merry way and we're all quarantined until the 19th. Right now I don't feel so bad. Just the fuzzy feeling you have with a head cold. Hopefully last night was mostly it. The quarantine is the worst part. My wife was pretty tired yesterday, so maybe that was it for her. I have a virtual doctor appointment scheduled for tomorrow.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope that you all just have a mild case and recover quickly. How is your son feeling?

Was your son exposed to someone earlier than Friday? I didn't think that symptoms would appear that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It's my turn to have the Trump virus! Last night I started feeling awful at 11pm - fever and chills mostly - the worst chills I remember having. This morning we found out our son was exposed at school on Friday from a teacher who had symptoms Saturday - so it's travelling its merry way and we're all quarantined until the 19th. Right now I don't feel so bad. Just the fuzzy feeling you have with a head cold. Hopefully last night was mostly it. The quarantine is the worst part. My wife was pretty tired yesterday, so maybe that was it for her. I have a virtual doctor appointment scheduled for tomorrow.
    Man, that sucks. Get well soon. I hope it's mild for each of you.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Get well, Jed. We need you.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope that you all just have a mild case and recover quickly. How is your son feeling?

Was your son exposed to someone earlier than Friday? I didn't think that symptoms would appear that quickly.
    Thanks, all! I'm feeling a lot better now - seems to have been a pretty mild case for me, or at least fast. No worse really than a 12-hr flu. I don't get flu often (some years I get the vaccine, some years not - I didn't this year. But there were a couple of times I had it much worse, but also quickly. There was none of the projectile vomiting with Covid, so that's an improvement!

My son had no symptoms. The school nurse seemed pretty positive that it was only Friday he was exposed (they don't tell you who it was that tested positive, but it was a teacher, and may have been one he was only with for that day), and I was sick last night...so who know? Maybe it IS just a mild flu. But I haven't had a cold or anything since everyone started staying home, social distancing, etc., and where we live everyone is good about that stuff. Could be a coincidence though.

The problem is my 22-yr-old son, who was at a friend's house last night, and three of them were hanging out and kind of let their guards down. His friends are all alarmed now that they got it from him and will give it to their families. He's going to try to get tested tomorrow. But if one of us had it, I can't believe it wouldn't get transmitted to the rest of the family.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-11-2021 at 10:21 PM.

The problem is my 22-yr-old son, who was at a friend's house last night, and three of them were hanging out and kind of let their guards down. His friends are all alarmed now that they got it from him and will give it to their families. He's going to try to get tested tomorrow. But if one of us had it, I can't believe it wouldn't get transmitted to the rest of the family.
    My friend was quite sick with it for about two weeks and his wife never caught it. So who knows, your son might not have caught it from you. But I'm sure that his friends will think twice before letting their guard down again. I hope that they and their families are all Covid-free.

Best wishes for a continuing recovery, Jed. And hopefully your son and his friends didn't spread it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

You should get tested to be sure, the average for symptoms to appear from exposure to an infection is about a week, and it can be two. Obviously this means some show quicker, but you may just have a cold, and it would be good to know for your peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    You should get tested to be sure, the average for symptoms to appear from exposure to an infection is about a week, and it can be two. Obviously this means some show quicker, but you may just have a cold, and it would be good to know for your peace of mind.
    I guess you're right, but what if I test negative? I could still easily contract it immediately afterward. The son who was exposed is 11. It's him who should be tested, actually. We'll do that tomorrow. If he's negative then I think we're in the clear. Man, I hate the "remote learning." I have to become the Headmaster.

Both my adult daughters currently have Corona Cooties. As do both grand daughters. They did not get it from each other.
    In addition , a kitchen job Im doing has been delayed twice , covid related. Homeowner quarenteen first , now countertop guys have it and its another 2 , 3 weeks delay . It's everywhere on Long Island. Close to a 10 % positivity rate .

It is everywhere, everywhere. Yet the deniers and conspiracy theorists are still amongst us.

I guess you're right, but what if I test negative? I could still easily contract it immediately afterward. The son who was exposed is 11. It's him who should be tested, actually. We'll do that tomorrow.
    IF you have it, you’re assuming that you got it from your son. But he has no symptoms, you do. What if you got it somewhere else, and your son tests negative. You could be spreading it. You should both be tested to be safe.

My granddaughter (6yo) tested positive over the weekend. She's doing fine and only had a mild fever for about 24 hours. But this means my son was exposed and I had (socially distanced) lunch with him twice last week. So I'm isolating for a couple days. I have a test scheduled for tomorrow, but if he comes back negative before that I may cancel it.

My brother isn't feeling well and was exposed to someone who tested positive last week. He and his family are quarantined and expecting to get tested today. The person he was exposed to had a negative test 7 days after (assumed) exposure, tested positive after 11 days, and finally became symptomatic on the 14th day. Crazy.
    <sig out of order>

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Seems like it might be a good idea to get tested to know for sure. I have a friend who was sick as a dog a couple of weeks ago and was convinced he had COVID. He ended up getting a test and turned out he didn't have it. He just had a bad cold. Even though COVID is the newsmaker right now, all the other usual Winter crud is still out there too.

Yikes! Hope you're all okay, and that your families are okay.

Jed, I would definitely get tested. Everyone who came in contact with each other should get tested. Probably multiple times.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Yet the deniers and conspiracy theorists are still amongst us.
    Not for very long ... hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

Jed, I would definitely get tested. Everyone who came in contact with each other should get tested. Probably multiple times.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    It is everywhere, everywhere. Yet the deniers and conspiracy theorists are still amongst us.
    Last night, Jimmy Kimmel did a segment on people who gave Yankee Candles bad reviews, because the candles didn't smell like anything.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Ontario declared it's 2nd state of emergency today and issued a stay-at-home order. Doesn't really affect me. I only leave the house if I need to.

I have asthma and I'm prone to bronchitis. I started feeling some bronchial tightness last week and am developing a cough. I spoke to my doctor today and after asking me questions about leaving my house, mask wearing, etc., he confidently stated, "Well, I guess we can rule out that this is viral". LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

Spoke to my doctor today. He said it most likely wasn't Covid I had - the symptoms came on too soon, and left too quickly. But he didn't recommend my son (11) get tested, because he said the tests aren't really reliable(!). He just said to let him know if I start having other symptoms (I feel fine. Normal.).

My older son wants to get tested tomorrow, just to keep his friends from worrying. A couple of hours ago we got a recorded message from the school that a middle-school student tested positive, so the whole school is going remote tomorrow while they do contact tracing, but of course our son is already remote till the 19th. Crikey!

Thanks, Scott. I think basically we're waiting out the quarantine period, but as I said my older son might get tested tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    IF you have it, you’re assuming that you got it from your son. But he has no symptoms, you do. What if you got it somewhere else, and your son tests negative. You could be spreading it. You should both be tested to be safe.
    Sorry, reading my mail in reverse. Again, my doctor did say today, my symptoms (from that one night) didn't fit Covid. Also, I really haven't been with anyone aside from my family. I mean, yeah, food shopping, that's it. LOL. This is crazy.

Anyway, I hope YOU feel better soon!

Sorry, reading my mail in reverse. Again, my doctor did say today, my symptoms (from that one night) didn't fit Covid. Also, I really haven't been with anyone aside from my family. I mean, yeah, food shopping, that's it. LOL. This is crazy.
    I saw your post. I'm glad that it passed quickly and wasn't serious.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000
    Anyway, I hope YOU feel better soon!
    Thanks. This is something that I go through every winter. I had bronchitis when everything went to hell last March. It's annoying as hell, but generally not a problem...unless, of course, there's a global pandemic happening and people ostracize you for coughing in public.

Looks like I'll be sending my hubby to the grocery store for a while.

The new 'english' strain.

Ireland is one of the worst affected worldwide and in the throes of exponential growth of the rate of infection.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/iris...ation-23293029