Page 159 of 235 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

From my daughter, the nurse:

"I keep seeing people post how they don’t believe COVID is real. I am a nurse. My unit has been made a COVID pod. Today I sat in the shower and cried because nobody believes us. I literally sat in it and sobbed. It’s real. We are struggling. We are fighting this alone at this point because nobody takes us seriously. We are being ignored and disrespected every time we say this is getting worse and someone says “well it’s not that bad” or “it’s blown out of proportion”. And also, the people who work outpatient don’t see what it’s like either. The only people who see what it’s like are those working directly with COVID positive patients. So NONE of you can have any say on what is real or not unless you personally are dealing with it. It’s real. I wish it wasn’t but it is. And it’s draining all of us nurses. We are burning out."

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

^ Tell your daughter to ignore the imbeciles. This past election was an IQ test, and the pandemic is an extension of that. There are hundreds of thousands of people in this country who are mind-numbingly stupid, and that's not going to change. A broken education system, coupled with alternative media where fact is not valued like ideology, and fundamentally dishonest leadership have brought us to this point. We have sown to the wind, and now we're reaping the whirlwind.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Tell your daughter to ignore the imbeciles. This past election was an IQ test, and the pandemic is an extension of that. There are hundreds of thousands of people in this country who are mind-numbingly stupid, and that's not going to change. A broken education system, coupled with alternative media where fact is not valued like ideology, and fundamentally dishonest leadership have brought us to this point. We have sown to the wind, and now we're reaping the whirlwind.
    It's hard to ignore them when you're personally living with the consequences. The problem is that the imbeciles should be.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlyrthanu
    There are hundreds of thousands of people in this country who are mind-numbingly stupid, and that's not going to change. A broken education system, coupled with alternative media where fact is not valued like ideology, and fundamentally dishonest leadership have brought us to this point.
    Don't forget the broken health care system in the US. When you can't afford a doctor or a Covid test, and you're really dumb, it's easier and much less expensive to pretend the virus doesn't exist and become a superspreader zombie.

At least, I would guess that's how they think. Never really been that stupid, thank dog, and knock on laminated formica.

I've always admired nurses. When some of the US doctors won't concern themselves with anything beyond how much money they can make (I have seen this firsthand), it's the nurses who step up and provide the highest quality care they can. It must be tough on them to encounter a large portion of the population that is reality-challenged. And the nurses are charged with saving the lives of the idiots as well as saving the lives of the rest of us. It is, in fact, the nurses whose documentation I trust above and beyond the news media and the "experts," that all this is real. I haven't gone to the hospital, at least one of which has turned its parking garage into an overflow Covid Care Unit, to see it firsthand. I trust the nurses, and even though I can't know what they are going through every day, I can imagine and read enough that I can empathize to whatever degree a non-medical person can. Hats off to the nurses, who keep on keeping on when all our socio-political systems are failing us.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

"I keep seeing people post how they don’t believe COVID is real. I am a nurse. My unit has been made a COVID pod. Today I sat in the shower and cried because nobody believes us. I literally sat in it and sobbed. It’s real. We are struggling. We are fighting this alone at this point because nobody takes us seriously. We are being ignored and disrespected every time we say this is getting worse and someone says “well it’s not that bad” or “it’s blown out of proportion”. And also, the people who work outpatient don’t see what it’s like either. The only people who see what it’s like are those working directly with COVID positive patients. So NONE of you can have any say on what is real or not unless you personally are dealing with it. It’s real. I wish it wasn’t but it is. And it’s draining all of us nurses. We are burning out."

This is really compelling. In my house. we are treating this as dead serious. Sorry she's dealing with many people who don't respect the pandemic.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

If you believe in prayer, in in addition to praying for those with Covid and their families. Pray for the those who do not believe the what the virus does and causes. Isn't that what Christians do, pray for the unbelievers?

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Got a “family text” this morning from my daughter in Burbank, Ca. Sarah is 33 and 8 months pregnant. She was training a new CPA to cover for her while out on maternity leave. The person was COVID positive, now now she is too! Scary days ahead. So far, she said she feels like she’s having common cold symptoms. She’s also the mother of my 3 year old granddaughter.
    My wife & I live in Tacoma Washington, so we are quite far and the distance is brutal. Nothing we can help with. Argh! This is agonizing.
    Got this information from a friend this morning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To top it all off, when all is said and done, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people will owe $1M or more in medical bills. And being permanently disabled by virus damage, will have no way of paying even a tiny fraction of their medical bill.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

A friend posted this on Facebook. Crazy.

Days.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    A friend posted this on Facebook. Crazy.

Days.jpg
    That's now outdated. Yesterday is now third on the list.

This breaks my heart. Please tell your daughter that although it may not feel that way, the believers far surpass the non-believers. The non-believers feel the need to be vocal about their stupidity, while the believers stay quietly at home and do their jobs to stop the spread of the virus, to save lives, and to make her job easier. She may not hear us, but we're out here in our quiet masses. And please, above all, thank her for being there for those unfortunate enough to need hospitalization. She, and all hospital workers, are my heroes.

(If we had a heart emoji on this site, I would post it here)

That's now outdated. Yesterday is now third on the list.
    I actually noticed that, but since it's not my meme I can't update it.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    This breaks my heart. Please tell your daughter that although it may not feel that way, the believers far surpass the non-believers. The non-believers feel the need to be vocal about their stupidity, while the believers stay quietly at home and do their jobs to stop the spread of the virus, to save lives, and to make her job easier. She may not hear us, but we're out here in our quiet masses. And please, above all, thank her for being there for those unfortunate enough to need hospitalization. She, and all hospital workers, are my heroes.

(If we had a heart emoji on this site, I would post it here)
    Thank You. I will share this with her.

Get this, another comment from my daughter. She works at UPMC:

"I just read an article where the Senior Vice President of UPMC is claiming that our hospitals are calm and nobody is overwhelmed and now I’m sitting on my couch crying. This woman probably works in an office at home and hasn’t stepped foot in a hospital in years."

"I just read an article where the Senior Vice President of UPMC is claiming that our hospitals are calm and nobody is overwhelmed and now I’m sitting on my couch crying. This woman probably works in an office at home and hasn’t stepped foot in a hospital in years."
    Ugh. That's awful.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^ I'm not surprised Ron. All the weaknesses of our society are being exposed by Covid.

I want to hug your daughter so badly! I imagine you do too. This must be very difficult for you too.

^ I'm not surprised Ron. All the weaknesses of our society are being exposed by Covid.
    Absolutely. This pandemic (and election) has revealed the best and the worst of us. A lot of ugly, ignorant people out there.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^^ and dangerous.

Thanks for everyone's kind words. Was talking with my daughter today and she said she feels fine. She said she was exercising on her spin bike. Her husband tested positive and he had a fever and aches and pains in his joints. She said he always gets sicker that she does and usually suffers more. I took a big container of chicken noodle soup to them yesterday that my wife made. My wife is going to make a double batch of chicken broccoli divan and take one over to them.
    Last edited by Shadow; 12-11-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Another virtual hug for your daughter, Ron.

Our small town has a small mall and I sit on the board that runs it. I was in the grocery store in the mall yesterday and two young rough idiots come in with no masks. They were wearing fire-resistant clothing, which means they were oil workers. Oil workers, except for the petroleum engineers, are generally so unsophisticated they make the proverbial drunk uncle type look urbane and cultured. Today I got an email from the mall board treasurer stating we need a bigger and more official looking mask requirement sign at all mall entrances. We're fighting the good fight against the stupid.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

My city/region is heading into lockdown on Monday.

Given that people are not going to do the right thing and stay home for the holidays, I don't expect the lockdown to be lifted anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Our small town has a small mall and I sit on the board that runs it. I was in the grocery store in the mall yesterday and two young rough idiots come in with no masks. They were wearing fire-resistant clothing, which means they were oil workers. Oil workers, except for the petroleum engineers, are generally so unsophisticated they make the proverbial drunk uncle type look urbane and cultured. Today I got an email from the mall board treasurer stating we need a bigger and more official looking mask requirement sign at all mall entrances. We're fighting the good fight against the stupid.
    Good luck with that.

In this case the weakness starts at the top. We have an idiot telling his blindly loyal idiot base bull**it which is enthusiastically swallowed. What all this has proven to me is I am surrounded by idiots. Idiots whose actions determine my physical , financial , and emotional wellbeing. Idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Thanks for everyone's kind words. Was talking with my daughter today and she said she feels fine. She said she was exercising on her spin bike. Her husband tested positive and he had a fever and aches and pains in his joints. She said he always gets sicker that she does and usually suffers more. I took a big container of chicken noodle soup to them yesterday that my wife made. My wife is going to make a double batch of chicken broccoli divan and take one over to them.
    I'm happy to hear she is doing well. I hope her husband recovers quickly too.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

If you have the time and inclination you might find this interesting.
    This the the meeting held 12/10/2020 for the Emergency Use Authorization of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
    The first part is about the meeting, the bottom part has the presentations and exhibits.
    Lots of science and non technical explanations of what constitutes a covid infection, the protocols used to select candidates for the clinical tests, test results and a lot about the shipping, storage, and administration.

Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee December 10, 2020 Meeting Announcement
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain