Page 156 of 235 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I'm guessing sexual harassment at the workplace is lower since Covid.
    There's still such a thing as dick pics.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

and on that note... welcome back, ScottBails!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Interesting.

I'm guessing sexual harassment at the workplace is lower since Covid.
    Yeah, but masturbation is way up.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yeah, but masturbation is way up.
    Tubin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I've heard tales of micro-management types being driven batshit insane by working from home. It goes against their grain to not be physically on their employees 8 hours a day.
    As a management consultant I work at various levels of management - depending on the client engagement at the time. Sometimes I'm operating at VP level, sometimes director or senior manager - but I'm pretty much always coordinating a team or a project.

I learned some time ago that "managing by remote control" requires a very different approach. But once you "get" the new way of dealing with your team, it is easier in some ways, harder in others, but you're still able to get things done...
    Regards,

Duncan

https://www.facebook.com/grabthepuzzy/photos/

I've heard tales of micro-management types being driven batshit insane by working from home. It goes against their grain to not be physically on their employees 8 hours a day.
    My partner turned down a job offer last year because the manager demanded she be in the office all the time. We have wondered since how they're dealing with the "new reality".
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

People don't quit jobs. They quit bosses.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I find that working at home can be as intensive as working in the office. Someitmes, I don't know how 8 hours passes so quickly. I take no breaks but leave a full and relaxing hour for lunch, in my track pants and t-shirt!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    ...in my track pants and t-shirt!
    A pre-Covid surveys showed that that 1 in 8 men and 1 in 12 women working from home are naked.

Another survey showed 19% of people working from home were nude, and there were twice as many men as there were women (i.e. 25% and 13% respectively).

I bet those stats are higher now.

I'm on conference calls with big audiences all day. It's always interesting to wonder just who's... well...
    Regards,

Duncan

I call B.S.

I also understand that many have found that a swimsuit bottom with a more business shirt or blouse is perfect for Zoom meetings. My wife watches cable news in the morning and there's a certain red-headed MILF that broadcasts her show from home. If I walk into the room when she's on I always point out that she's wearing just panties below the screen. It's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it.

The market for business clothing has cratered, as have sales for bras. Sweatpants and leggings are booming.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

This guy is definitely a micro-manager. Except he always claims it's his boss that is forcing him to be a micro-manager. And any time she needs a little support in pushing back against other team's unreasonable requests he always sides with the other team.
    <sig out of order>

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    A pre-Covid surveys showed that that 1 in 8 men and 1 in 12 women working from home are naked.

Another survey showed 19% of people working from home were nude, and there were twice as many men as there were women (i.e. 25% and 13% respectively).

I bet those stats are higher now.

I'm on conference calls with big audiences all day. It's always interesting to wonder just who's... well...
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    People don't quit jobs. They quit bosses.
    Other than the time I got laid off, that is why I left 3 professional jobs.

Scott? Is that really you? It's been quite some time.
    I was thinking the exact same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails
    'Tis me. Figured it was time to come out of hibernation for a little while.
    Yay! It's funny that I was just thinking about you the other day.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 12-02-2020 at 08:00 PM.

In spring when the Los Angeles area was hit hard, it was possible to drive 70 plus on the 405 freeway, for the first time in its history. In non-pandemic times, it's the busiest freeway in the country, if not the world.
    I was in L.A. a few years ago for a conference. We took a bus from Hollywood Blvd to Dodger Stadium and it took FOREVER! Is that the 405? The 401 in Toronto is the busiest highway in the country and it's a cake walk compared to that drive in L.A.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I was in L.A. a few years ago for a conference. We took a bus from Hollywood Blvd to Dodger Stadium and it took FOREVER! Is that the 405?
    No. Interstate 405 is the West L.A. freeway. Hollywood to Dodger Stadium likely put you on US 101, in East Central L.A. L.A. goes on forever and the traffic never ends.

I call B.S.
    Me, too. Seems that it would be more comfortable wearing clothes.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Me, too. Seems that it would be more comfortable wearing clothes.
    Not only that, but how many people have no one else around? Then there's the folks on the other end of the zoom/skype...Who are you trying to impress? Seems like something that might be tried by the rare outlier, not the numbers quoted.

Not only that, but how many people have no one else around? Then there's the folks on the other end of the zoom/skype...Who are you trying to impress? Seems like something that might be tried by the rare outlier, not the numbers quoted.
    By-and-large, the only people using Zoom or Skype on camera are those companies for whom remote work is new.

Both before and after Covid, I've spent 3 to 6 hours a day on conference calls - and I've been "living" on teleconferences for over 2 decades, and so have most of my clients and coworkers. And they almost never turn on the cameras. It's distracting and soaks up valuable bandwidth. The only times there's any actual "video" on conference calls is when someone is screen-sharing - which in my line happens probably about half the time.

I personally know of many people who work in the buff (obviously, not on camera!). A large number of my coworkers are empty-nesters.

So don't be so quick to call BS
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    _KeepDistance.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    By-and-large, the only people using Zoom or Skype on camera are those companies for whom remote work is new.

Both before and after Covid, I've spent 3 to 6 hours a day on conference calls - and I've been "living" on teleconferences for over 2 decades, and so have most of my clients and coworkers. And they almost never turn on the cameras. It's distracting and soaks up valuable bandwidth. The only times there's any actual "video" on conference calls is when someone is screen-sharing - which in my line happens probably about half the time.

I personally know of many people who work in the buff (obviously, not on camera!). A large number of my coworkers are empty-nesters.
    Yup, we moved quickly away from Zoom & Skype to go to Cisco (Webex), but now we're µS Teams.... definitely the most stable. And we work with camera off too, to keep the stability to a max.

I've spoken to a few colleagues, and some spend the whole day in pyjama or nips they'd never wear out of their house. Personally, when not on site( like today) even if I don't head out to the labs in the afternoon, I hit the shower around 11h30.

One of the permanent effect the crisis will have on me, is that getting to work around 8AM will become very difficult, unless using some melatonin.
    Last edited by Trane; 12-03-2020 at 06:18 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Not only that, but how many people have no one else around?
    1 in 8 men and 1 in 12 women
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I also understand that many have found that a swimsuit bottom with a more business shirt or blouse is perfect for Zoom meetings. My wife watches cable news in the morning and there's a certain red-headed MILF that broadcasts her show from home. If I walk into the room when she's on I always point out that she's wearing just panties below the screen. It's my fantasy and I'm sticking to it.

The market for business clothing has cratered, as have sales for bras. Sweatpants and leggings are booming.
    Yeah, I haven't worn a bra in months.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing!

Yay! It's funny that I was just thinking about you the other day.
    Aww....thanks!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally