Page 138 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I have it. I started having symptoms Tuesday the 27th (sinus congestion), fever Wednesday and then soreness and stiffness of muscles and joints Thursday and Friday. I felt pretty good for most of today but as of typing this I have a slight burning sensation in my lungs. No fever or headache or dissiness. I went and got tested Thursday and got the 'positive' results today. Happy Halloween.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

So, have you noticed that food tastes different? That was what gave me the idea that I needed to be tested. I had very few other symptoms, but food kind of had a metalic flavor to it. Nothing really tasted 'good' Even my favorite foods seemed 'flat' to me. As soon as I told the Doctor about the taste issue, he didnt wait for the test to come back, he just put me on a zpack and told me to take baby aspirin, zinc, D3 and C. Taste came back in 5 days! The results took 12 days. This was 4 months ago. No sign of a recurrence. I'm staying on the zinc, aspirin, C and D3. just so I feel like I'm doing something Preventative. So far, so good. Ive heard that it doesnt seem to be morphing so a recurrence is less likely, but I have no idea what to believe anymore. The vitamins probably aren't going to kill me.

Since the pandemic/lock down/masks/etc. I've had a few Covid anxiety dreams. It's always about forgetting my mask, and I'm around people without masks standing right in front of me. This morning I awoke from such a dream....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    So, have you noticed that food tastes different? That was what gave me the idea that I needed to be tested. I had very few other symptoms, but food kind of had a metalic flavor to it. Nothing really tasted 'good' Even my favorite foods seemed 'flat' to me. As soon as I told the Doctor about the taste issue, he didnt wait for the test to come back, he just put me on a zpack and told me to take baby aspirin, zinc, D3 and C. Taste came back in 5 days! The results took 12 days. This was 4 months ago. No sign of a recurrence. I'm staying on the zinc, aspirin, C and D3. just so I feel like I'm doing something Preventative. So far, so good. Ive heard that it doesnt seem to be morphing so a recurrence is less likely, but I have no idea what to believe anymore. The vitamins probably aren't going to kill me.
    Lost sense of taste last night as well. I've been on a zinc, C and D regimen for months

^ Get well soon, 3LB.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I have it. I started having symptoms Tuesday the 27th (sinus congestion), fever Wednesday and then soreness and stiffness of muscles and joints Thursday and Friday. I felt pretty good for most of today but as of typing this I have a slight burning sensation in my lungs. No fever or headache or dissiness. I went and got tested Thursday and got the 'positive' results today. Happy Halloween.
    Get well soon and I hope it remains relatively mild for you.
    <sig out of order>

Geeze Todd. I hope you have a full and speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Good luck, Todd. Don't take anything for granted.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Oh damn - sorry to hear this!

Please keep us posted as you recover.
    Regards,

Duncan

Oh man, good luck and positive waves, Todd.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Hoping for a full recovery!

I went to the dentist on Wednesday, and on thursday got a text from the dentist saying that someone (an employee) tested positive at the office. From what they said, the person was not anywhere near the area I was being treated in, and the dentist assured me after consulting with someone that this was a 'low risk' incident. I haven't been tested yet, and I don't have any symptoms (but it has only been 4 days). The dentist called me and said he sent all of their workers to get tested, and last I heard, nobody else tested positive.
    This is the third 'close encounter' I have had since this started. 2 other times were at my place of work, but both times were from people I don't interact with. They have been pretty vigilant at my office, requiring masks, and also took temperatures after these incidents for a couple of weeks each time as we entered the building. Both times we have had a 'positive' at work, they sent us home for the day and they did a major disinfecting. They have also done the major disinfecting 2 or 3 other times on the weekends. I am able to telework 1 or 2 days a week, but much of my work entails working in a laboratory. We were completely shut down for about 6 weeks at the initial peak of this in late spring, 100% telecommuting, and managed to dodge any layoffs luckily.

I have a question for those outside of Canada. In the country or region that you are in, when someone tests positive, is there any contact tracing to try to figure out (a) who you've been in contact with so that they can be advised to be tested and to isolate, and (b) to try and determine where you might have contracted the virus?

My son is flying to Croatia to European championship-tournament in judo in 5 hours.
    He has been tested and will be in isolation in a hotel room untill thursday when the tournament starts.
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 11-02-2020 at 04:56 AM.

Take care of yourself and get well soon. Please keep us posted.

After Trump gets reelected, it will be like a miracle, as Covid-19 will just vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    After Trump gets reelected, it will be like a miracle, as Covid-19 will just vanish.
    I'm sure we'll get resolution soon, no matter who gets elected.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I have a question for those outside of Canada. In the country or region that you are in, when someone tests positive, is there any contact tracing to try to figure out (a) who you've been in contact with so that they can be advised to be tested and to isolate, and (b) to try and determine where you might have contracted the virus?
    Back in April my wife's boss got it. He had come into the office while symptomatic and wasn't/isn't on board with mask wearing. She was never contacted by anyone.

(Last week his mother passed away and she was living in an area with a spike in cases - would be interested to know what she died of....)

Last week a coworker thought he and his wife might have it. She works at the hospital so they were able to get tested quickly. They both tested negative, but he stayed home for a couple days and we all took extra precautions here in the office until we knew the outcome. Our boss was very supportive in giving us the opportunity to work from home if we wanted, etc.
    <sig out of order>

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody.

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody.
    How are you feeling today?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Absolutely standard procedure here in Japan.

Only 1 new case in my prefecture in the past month, so not very hard to contact trace.

This has been standard practice in all East Asian countries since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Back in April my wife's boss got it. He had come into the office while symptomatic and wasn't/isn't on board with mask wearing. She was never contacted by anyone.
    kinda what happened to me, although nobody's fault but mine. I attended a small gathering by people who have been (allegedly) isolating, but turns out one of them (my brother-in-law) has a buddy that he hung out with, who'd spent a week on a hunting trip with family... in tents. He announced he was positive last Wednesday, and I got tested on Thursday (both my rather sick brother-in-law and asthmatic sister-in-law received their positive notice today). I had a flu-shot on Tuesday and thought my sudden fever was due that. I had spent all this time avoiding socializing and following protocol (I've worked since May) and a momentary lapse in reason might bind a life for life.

My wife is negative and not sick. Fortunately we had pulled our motorhome over to some snowbirds house for sitting a couple of weeks ago so the wife and I can live separately for the next week or so.

kinda what happened to me, although nobody's fault but mine. I attended a small gathering by people who have been (allegedly) isolating, but turns out one of them (my brother-in-law) has a buddy that he hung out with, who'd spent a week on a hunting trip with family... in tents. He announced he was positive last Wednesday, and I got tested on Thursday (both my rather sick brother-in-law and asthmatic sister-in-law received their positive notice today). I had a flu-shot on Tuesday and thought my sudden fever was due that. I had spent all this time avoiding socializing and following protocol (I've worked since May) and a momentary lapse in reason might bind a life for life.

My wife is negative and not sick. Fortunately we had pulled our motorhome over to some snowbirds house for sitting a couple of weeks ago so the wife and I can live separately for the next week or so.
    Wow. This is a good reminder to keep up one's guard, when dealing with safety measures. So easy to do have a lapse, though, as you say. I hope you will be out of it symptom free soon.

neil

Just got an email update from my Ma's Retirement Community (Merrill Gardens) director that 4 residents tested positive for Covid. These are the first positive tests since lockdown in March. They did a pretty good job keeping the 270 residents safe until now. My Ma was a little confused as they didn't tell her what was going on....I had to relay to her what was going on.....I guess she was not affected......strange, since she goes to the local hospital 3 days / week for dialysis. She says there is a cabal of belligerent residents who sneak out to run errands.....now those Covidiots brought the Plague home......you cant Fix Stupid!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Absolutely standard procedure here in Japan.

Only 1 new case in my prefecture in the past month, so not very hard to contact trace.

This has been standard practice in all East Asian countries since the beginning.
    There in Japan, mask wearing is commonplace, and has been for a long time. Here in the States, half the people see it as "oppression."
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama