Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Guess Saskatoon and Ottawa are miles apart in more than one way.
    Yep. Only one of them has a Guess Who song written with them in mind.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Halloween has not been officially cancelled this year, but our provincial government has asked that regions in modified stage 2 (Toronto and surrounding areas, and Ottawa) not participate in door-to-door activities.

Damn, it looks like we'll have to eat that Costco size box of mini chocolate bars all by ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Guess Saskatoon and Ottawa are miles apart in more than one way.
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    But...for a number of years they were both named the "Riders" in our 8 team CFL. Saskatchewan being the Roughriders and Ottawa the Rough Riders. Best not to ask.

(I've taken a minor liberty here as the Roughriders play out of Regina, not Saskatoon. However, the team pretty much belongs to the whole province. Also, the current iteration of the Ottawa team are the Redblacks).

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Can you do the rain dance too please? Pretty please?
    The Covid-19 dance, and then we should dance it backwards!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I would love to do that, but just got my 2nd knee replaced last Wednesday, so no golf for me for a while
    TKRs? Getting bilateral done on Friday.
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post

Damn, it looks like we'll have to eat that Costco size box of mini chocolate bars all by ourselves.
    I just hate when that happens!
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Halloween has not been officially cancelled this year, but our provincial government has asked that regions in modified stage 2 (Toronto and surrounding areas, and Ottawa) not participate in door-to-door activities.

I'm really surprised they haven't cancelled it here yet. I don't understand it, because the numbers are rising in our state. Well, the numbers are rising in most states. 31 by the last count.

The Guess Who also has a song titled "Rain Dance."
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Went to Costco yesterday to get that big box of Payday Candy Bars....not in stock....so I grabbed the 48count Snickers instead. I'm Not a big Fan of Snickers......There is kind of a unusual ritual in our cul-de-sac after Halloween.....We all sneak over to our neighbors open garage and dump our leftover candy on his workbench! He tries to hide it before his wife finds it....nothing like watching 80yo sugar fiends get their fix! And yes, he makes the less desirable candy easier to find so she won't continue to search.....I know this because My garbage can has the wrappers of the better stuff! Not to mention, my recycle bin has empty beer cans year 'round....I don't drink beer.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I saw a post by some crazy woman sharing another post (of course) that claims Fauci knew about COVID-19 in, get this, 2017.

Apparently, the president isn't the only person who doesn't know what the "19" part stands for.

We are so fucked.
    Actually , we and China , were aware that wet markets were the likly cause of SARS in 2003 and would more than likly produce another viral breakout in the future. Well today is the future and of course nothing was done in the following 17 years to adress the situation. One would hope , after the smoke clears , that the rest of the world puts pressure on China to address and fix mass ingestion by their populace of wild bats , anteaters, etc. This is a ridiculously tragic , yet totally avoidable situation we find ourselves in. Bats?? F'n bats??

Here in the US, the pardoning of the Thanksgiving turkey has been cancelled. Instead, the bird will be deported to Turkey.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

My 95 year old aunt was tested positive two weeks ago. Her best friend died of it around the same time (friend was 100). I talked to my aunt yesterday and she just feels tired and sounds congested. She doesn't have any breathing problems but is getting impatient at being quarantined in her apartment in assisted living. Half the people in her complex were tested positive. So it looks like my aunt caught a mild case of it and might weather this but all of her nieces and nephews are crossing their fingers.

The state I live in has been busting per capita records but our governor is a coward who doesn't want to initiate a shutdown or a mask mandate. His base would eat him alive and getting re-elected is more important than people's lives. Fuck that fucking fucker.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Actually , we and China , were aware that wet markets were the likly cause of SARS in 2003 and would more than likly produce another viral breakout in the future. Well today is the future and of course nothing was done in the following 17 years to adress the situation. One would hope , after the smoke clears , that the rest of the world puts pressure on China to address and fix mass ingestion by their populace of wild bats , anteaters, etc. This is a ridiculously tragic , yet totally avoidable situation we find ourselves in. Bats?? F'n bats??
    bat-undercooked.jpg

I saw a report that states that contact tracing is showing that a large portion of the recent surge in cases in the Midwest can be traced back to Sturgis.

I saw a report that states that contact tracing is showing that a large portion of the recent surge in cases in the Midwest can be traced back to Sturgis.
    Yeah, what could possibly have gone wrong when thousands of smelly bikers converged in cramped bars in a small town in South Dakota?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The state I live in has been busting per capita records but our governor is a coward who doesn't want to initiate a shutdown or a mask mandate. His base would eat him alive and getting re-elected is more important than people's lives. Fuck that fucking fucker.
    THAT is the Very Definition of a Politician!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

8A0452E6-3F49-4E6D-AA16-F8F40F12D4C5.jpg Saw this at the local cemetary today....is it now 1820??

The woman doctor who was heading up the Ohio Pandemic Response quit the position months ago. Too many death threats. She had done a terrific job, but the Covidiots are determined to take us all down.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    8A0452E6-3F49-4E6D-AA16-F8F40F12D4C5.jpg Saw this at the local cemetary today....is it now 1820??
    I have seen that twice in the 34 years I've worked in a cemetery.
    The first time they transferred the casket from the hearse to the horse-drawn wagon inside the cemetery.
    The second one was entirely horse-drawn and came in procession from the next town over, so it arrived
    late afternoon. We backfilled the grave in the dark... I felt like I was part of King Diamond album.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    I have seen that twice in the 34 years I've worked in a cemetery.
    The first time they transferred the casket from the hearse to the horse-drawn wagon inside the cemetery.
    The second one was entirely horse-drawn and came in procession from the next town over, so it arrived
    late afternoon. We backfilled the grave in the dark... I felt like I was part of King Diamond album.
    You will always be part of a King Diamond album to me, brother.

Thank you, sir!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Definitely a trip livin' in the USA.

I'm with George Carlin.

I hate groups.

I love people.

Testing availability. Suffolk County Ny. Made the appointment this morning at 9am. Tested for free 11am. My friend used the same facility got got next day results. Im hoping for the same.

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    If there is growing stupidity, it is on both "sides" and/or extremes. And those extremes are reinforced by the constant drip of media and social media. Even a lot of "smart" people are apparently easily manipulated. I still believe that the vast majority of people have more in common with each other and would realize it if they just unplugged from technology for a bit and got to know their neighbors.
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Another complication to the pandemic is that the loss of jobs to automation is going to accelerate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/busin...%20new%20roles.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart