Page 125 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    As of about a year and a half, two years ago, Costco DOES accept Visa. In fact, it's now the only credit card they accept. They ended their deal with American Express, and struck a new one with Visa.
    Costco has accepted debit cards for as long as I've known them - whether it's a Mastercard or a Visa.

I've never had a problem shopping with my Visa debit card.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Costco has a premier (or whatever it's called) membership level that gives you cash back. My gets a check from them about every 6 months.
    We got that membership last year, but the cost is double a regular membership. They pay once a year here, I think in November. So I'll see in a couple of months if it was worthwhile for us.

Quote Originally Posted by rdclark
    In Canada it's MasterCard, not Visa, I believe.
    That's correct. In Canada, they will accept cash and any bank debit card, but as far as credit cards go they only accept MasterCard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Oh our government give yours a run for their money on ineptitude. As expected we now have lockdown lite... stay and work from home if you can, pubs and restaurants closed from 10 pm, no crowds at sports events, no gatherings of over 6 people, no indoor team sports ... with no doubt further draconian action if we do not see a turnaround.
    We're starting to see an increase in cases in Canada. Here in Ontario we had the highest new case count today that we've had since May 2. Our Premier has reduced the number of people allowed at private gatherings, from 50 people inside and 100 people outside down to 10 people inside and 25 people outside. This doesn't apply to businesses, so a business can still have 50/100 as long as there is enough room for physical distancing.

The fines for breaking the rule is $10,000 for the organizer and $750 for each attendee. Of course, there is no way for them to monitor this, unless someone calls the police and turns you in, so the new rule really just acts as a reminder for people to be more diligent so that the Gov't doesn't have to start making changes that affect already struggling businesses.

That's a debit card, not a credit card.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    We got that membership last year, but the cost is double a regular membership. They pay once a year here, I think in November. So I'll see in a couple of months if it was worthwhile for us.
    If you have a Costco VISA here.....they pay out the Costco dividend in June and the Visa Dividend in February. So, two dividend checks / year.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Now, people. Treading on thinnish ice.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Costco has accepted debit cards for as long as I've known them - whether it's a Mastercard or a Visa.

Hence my specification of "credit" cards, of which Visa is the only one Costco accepts...formerly American Express.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Hence my specification of "credit" cards, of which Visa is the only one Costco accepts...formerly American Express.
    Except in Canada, where Costco only accepts MasterCard credit cards, which matters because Canadian Costco was the topic of the conversation that you and I both joined in on.

The joys of universal health care. LOL!

118075665_2393908970912185_2364977482939204779_n.jpg

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I was doing that already.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I went to our local Mall yesterday to pick up a gift I couldn't get shipped to my house. I hadn't been there since March. Instead of the 8 entrances....only two were open.

Went in through the Food Court....it was full (noon) no masks...well...some Were eating / drinking.

Many employees wearing masks improperly (nose exposed) It seemed the shoppers were doing a better job of it.

All the shops had cordoned off areas in front...this caused the shoppers to squeeze together closer as the hallways became narrower. As I waited in line (really there were only two of us) I spoke to the employee acting as gatekeeper. She told me Mondays & Tuesdays have the lightest traffic then it starts ramping up to Friday, Saturday & Sunday when it is just as crowded as before the Pandemic! It makes sense.....theaters & the like are Still closed so the Mall is the only place to congregate! Most Shops had a "Maximum Occupancy" number posted at the door....but there was NO Maximum Occupancy for the Mall!
    The usual Mall Walking Geezers were there (I was one before the Pandemic) Mom's with kids in strollers....Very few folks with Shopping Bags.
    It was a sunny day yesterday....today it's full on Rain....I can only imagine how crowded it's gonna get when the rest of the geezers give up on walking outside in the rain and swell the ranks in the mall.
    Oh, and the homeless were sleeping on Every Bench outside the Food Court! In this area are the separate entrances to the Chain Restaurants with their outdoor seating....you can sit outside and enjoy the scenery of Hobos as you dine.

So....their answer was to Funnel folks into Two entrances instead of 8. Funnel the walkways tighter together due to the cordoned areas in front of shops.....Group folks closer together at the entrances and wait....

The whole scene was Surreal!

And to top that off.....The Apple Store had a small Police Force out front! No shit! there were 6 uniformed security guards in front!

We are SCREWED! This winter we are going to see a Huge Thinning of the Heard!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I was doing that already.

Gov of Missouri and wife (non mask people) have Covid.

^^ No sympathy, except for those he has already infected and their families.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Gov of Missouri and wife (non mask people) have Covid.
    If they die, they can do like Herman Cain, and tweet from the grave that Covid is a hoax.

"Thinning of the Heard"... hey, that's a great play on words! Can I use it as an album title?

Quote Originally Posted by soundsweird View Post
    "Thinning of the Heard"... hey, that's a great play on words! Can I use it as an album title?

So here's something weird...at least I thought so.

I was talking today to my friend that has Covid. He feels like he's on the upswing as he's been feeling progressively better for the last two days. He told me that Toronto Public Health told him that he can return to work once he's feeling up to it as long as his symptoms are improving. I asked if he had to test negative first and he said no, because apparently you can continue to test positive for three weeks after you've recovered because virus particles stay in your sinuses.

That whole explanation just seems strange to me. If you can be contagious while asymptomatic, then doesn't it make sense that you would be contagious if you had virus particles in your sinuses? Wouldn't sneezing send particle flying? Wouldn't blowing your nose send particles flying, or at least into a tissue that would contaminate a garbage can?

I don't want to question Public Health. They call him every day and he feels very well cared for by them. But it seems strange to me that he can return to work while still testing positive.

BTW, he's a special education teacher. So his kids may not be physically vulnerable, but they are definitely mentally and emotionally vulnerable. These are kids who may not understand the need to wear a mask or physical distancing.

I agree with you on that one. A quick look at the Toronto Public Health's COVID pages does seem to say "go back to work as soon as you feel better". Especially with special ed kids involved, it would be better to wait IMO.

There's a new toll-free hotline for those who don't want to be oppressed, or have their breathing obstructed by face masks: 1-800-WAAAAHH

Just came back from Walmart. ALL social distancing posters , arrows signs & the like are Gone! No one at the front door checking for masks....and customers not wearing masks. Also, the No Cash policy is gone as the self checkout registers now take cash. A big sign in front announces a resumption of pre pandemic hours.

Seems the pandemic is Done at Walmart. The absolute WORST demographic for virus containment!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead
    Just came back from Walmart. ALL social distancing posters , arrows signs & the like are Gone!
    I noticed that, the other day when I had to go to that hellhole. They still had one person checking for masks at the only entrance that was open, but that may be because our governor requires masks for entry. I noticed the blue squares on the floor for social distancing were gone. I bet they underpaid the poor bastard who had to scrape those off. Must be nice to be able to call off a pandemic just because you're tired of health and safety. WTF?

Is this why the president forced the CDC to delete their text stating how the virus is spread? Pressure from big box retail stores?

Just heard our state is now in phase 3. Any business can open (no less than 50 percent capacity) immediately. Personally, makes no difference to me. I'm not changing my behavior. Masks and distancing for me. No changes.

I haven't been to a Walmart here in at least a month. I don't like to shop there if I don't have to. Masks are mandatory in my city, as designated by the Gov't, so they can't remove that restriction, but if all the other restrictions are gone, I won't be shopping there at all. Although, I have to say that the citizens here are pretty good about keeping protocols so I think that even if the stickers are gone from the floor, most people will still distance.

It looks like our office won't be reopening this year. We have a (virtual) staff meeting on Monday where I'm expecting that announcement to be made. But even when we do eventually reopen, I've already told my boss that I'm not comfortable coming back to the office full-time until there is a vaccine. I'd be open to one day a week if I needed to make an appearance. He's seems to be cool with that.

Walmart is a zoo. Good prices but not worth the insanity. It's a f***ing zoo.