Page 119 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

After testing positive 3 times and having only intestinal problems for a few days, doctor told my mother she probably never had Covid. I don't understand at all but I am grateful for her health. I saw my mother yesterday for the first time since March. It did us good. She doesn't want to be tested for antibodies at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    After testing positive 3 times and having only intestinal problems for a few days, doctor told my mother she probably never had Covid. I don't understand at all but I am grateful for her health. I saw my mother yesterday for the first time since March. It did us good. She doesn't want to be tested for antibodies at this point.
    On wait basis did they make such a determination?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    On wait basis did they make such a determination?
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

It's just as well. The various antibody tests are all over the map in terms of reliability. It's like supplements having varying percentages of the ingredients they purport to be, from one manufacturer to the next.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I'm sorry that your mother had to go through that and the isolation that came along with it, but I'm very happy that she is healthy and that you were able to spend time with her.

I'm lucky that I get to see my Mom fairly frequently. We don't hug though. One day I was at her house and before I left I just really wanted to hug her. We had a quick hug, after months of not touching and it felt so good. I'm a hugger, so keeping my distance from the people I love has been the hardest thing of all for me.

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Very strange, but good news. I assume she had the nasal swab test and not one of the new less invasive ones?

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Since County and City Governments here in AZ have mandated masks, the trajectory in the state has reversed itself. At one point, we were THE Covid hot spot in the nation.
    But I’ve also read a number of articles from everyone from CNN to Fox and the WSJ saying that the level of testing has been cut in half in AZ and is now at the level it was at 2 months ago. Don’t misunderstand me, I hope that the sudden reversal is real and permanent, but the drop seemed to happen almost overnight.
    Last edited by Rye-Ergot; 08-22-2020 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Grammar

^^ It's not just the number of positive tests...it's also the load on hospitals becoming less critical.

Maybe the 30% who said they wouldn't get a Covid 19 vaccination know what they're doing after all:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/22/polit...ine/index.html

I got flu shot today. Gratis.

Since I have no access to her doctor (Hippa) - I don't know the reasoning for the doctor's statement.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Maybe the 30% who said they wouldn't get a Covid 19 vaccination know what they're doing after all:

Quote Originally Posted by Trump
    "Because you have a lot of people over there (at the FDA) that don't want to rush things because they want to do it after November 3rd,"
    Or, they don't want to rush things because they want to make sure it's safe and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

I can't say that we have heard any evidence of this. We are still hoping for an October approval from all the information I have heard.

Researchers Document First Case of Virus Reinfection

A patient was diagnosed with a second case of Covid-19 more than four months after the first, scientists in Hong Kong said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/w...ronavirus.html

So what are the chances of making a vaccine that will last more than 4 months?

btw - this isn't the first reported case, there is another in Israel:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rus-TWICE.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post

A patient was diagnosed with a second case of Covid-19 more than four months after the first, scientists in Hong Kong said.

If you get a vaccine it should stop it from infecting you or limit the intensity of it.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    If you get a vaccine it should stop it from infecting you or limit the intensity of it.
    Yes, but if 'naturally achieved' covid-19 antibodies doesn't work after 3-4 months, how can you expect a vaccine to last longer?

Yes, but if 'naturally achieved' covid-19 antibodies doesn't work after 3-4 months, how can you expect a vaccine to last longer?
    In a recent interview on a late night talk show, Tom Hanks said his antibody level is declining over time.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    ^ I suspect that is normal for some diseases, and when a vaccine exists, it will mean you have to take a booster shot of the vaccine after a few years. A well-known example is tetanus. No one stays immune forever, and doctors recommend a booster every ten years or every serious injury.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

The vaccine industry will love it, if you have to re-vaccinate every 4 months.

But I guess we all know too little.

In Italy they have started to test a vaccine on people.
    https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/ital...accine/1951590

Spain cases on the rise. Any amigos to comment?

Virus's change and mutate over time. Since the H1N1 pandemic in 2009, H1N1 is one of the flu strains now included in annual flu shots. Covid-19 could be the same in that it may require people to be vaccinated annually as part of the seasonal flu shot.

Spain cases on the rise. Any amigos to comment?
    There was a bit on it in the morning briefing in the NYTimes. 3 factors: Lack of a clear national message from the PM who let regions choose their own course, premature reopening in an effort to save their summer tourist season, and not enough testing/contact tracing.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

^ Where have I heard that sort of thing before? <drums fingers on table> I can't quite place it, but it may come to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    There was a bit on it in the morning briefing in the NYTimes. 3 factors: Lack of a clear national message from the PM who let regions choose their own course, premature reopening in an effort to save their summer tourist season, and not enough testing/contact tracing.
    I would add a 4th: a refusal to believe the virus even exists.