Page 105 of 235 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Duncan- my sister-in-law did. She lost her sense of smell and taste, and had severe musculoskeletal pain and a dry cough. It took her more than 6 weeks to begin feeling normal again. And for two weeks she was quarantined in her own house away from her husband and kids.
    Wow - sorry to hear that, Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    My oldest daughter, who is a recently graduated nurse, got a very mild case. Her and about eight of her co-workers got exposed a couple of weeks ago. She had a slight fever and some headaches. She's asthmatic and was very lucky. She also lives in her own place, so we were also very lucky...
    Very lucky - that her symptoms weren't worse, especially with her being asthmatic! I have (mild) asthma which has caused me to be super-Covid-cautious.
    Regards,

Duncan

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    In the restaurants category, our family went to a pizzeria 3 or 4 weeks ago. The server was wearing a mask, as were other employees. They spaced patrons appropriately. It was the first sit-down restaurant meal we had since before the pandemic began. Felt good, and we felt safe.

My wife went out with 3 work friends and had a similar experience.

Mind you, Vancouver Island (in B.C.) has had only 142 reported cases total, with 1 new case and 5 confirmed deaths. Not too bad for a population of 800,000, and low enough to instill some cautious confidence in going out to a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Very lucky - that her symptoms weren't worse, especially with her being asthmatic! I have (mild) asthma which has caused me to be super-Covid-cautious.
    Yep, my wife and other two daughters are asthmatics, which is why i wear gloves everywhere I go. I'm just waiting for someone to comment about it. They'll regret it and you might just see me on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    ...Mind you, Vancouver Island (in B.C.)...
    The difference-maker.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Duncan- my sister-in-law did. She lost her sense of smell and taste, and had severe musculoskeletal pain and a dry cough. It took her more than 6 weeks to begin feeling normal again. And for two weeks she was quarantined in her own house away from her husband and kids.

SteveSly- my brother's store is really hurting, in MI- Joes Army Navy, which opened a new place just before Covid hit. But he has sold a ton of masks, no joke. For a while he had to lay off his entire staff. Mail order kept him in business, but it will be a terrible year. My foks hav enot left their home in several months- they are 89.
    Where in Michigan is your brother's store?

In the restaurants category, our family went to a pizzeria 3 or 4 weeks ago. The server was wearing a mask, as were other employees. They spaced patrons appropriately. It was the first sit-down restaurant meal we had since before the pandemic began. Felt good, and we felt safe.

My wife went out with 3 work friends and had a similar experience.

Mind you, Vancouver Island (in B.C.) has had only 142 reported cases total, with 1 new case and 5 confirmed deaths. Not too bad for a population of 800,000, and low enough to instill some cautious confidence in going out to a restaurant.
    We have been out to restaurants quite a bit since things opened back up here in Michigan. Almost every place has been following the half capacity rule, servers wearing masks, and constant disinfecting. I have felt safe at every place we have gone to. The one exception was when we are on vacation a week ago in South Haven Michigan, which is a small resort town on the big lake. One of the places we like to go is an outdoor bar / restaurant called Admiral Jacks. We walked in there, and it was packed with people (mostly young), with no one wearing a mask. We decided not to stay.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    ^^ Good call! Unfortunately, the Admiral Jacks story is a oft-repeated one when it comes to younger folks gathering.

^^ Good call! Unfortunately, the Admiral Jacks story is a oft-repeated one when it comes to younger folks gathering.
    The Invincibles.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

FWIW, I have ZERO confidence in eating at any place, but will get takeout occasionally. It only takes one idiot and there are far too many.

My neighbors have a number of family parties during the summer. Good people, great neighbors. Of course, they had to stop. During the 4th of July, they had just siblings, no children and invited us over. Tables were scattered, masks were worn, but we still didn't go. Just not ready for it.

^^ BTW, the woman in that family is a trauma nurse and is convinced that she and her family had COVID in December. That's noteworthy, because the so-called "first US case" was in January. I have no reason to not believe my neighbor.

Where in Michigan is your brother's store?
    Main store is on M-59 near Telegraph in Pontiac; second store moved from Woodward at 14 mile Road to a new location in Clawson last year.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

ronmac- information is beginning to emerge that there may have been earlier cases than early January. Time will tell.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

If antibodies last that long, you can buy relatively cheap test kits with 90% certainty in Danish farmacies.

Sendt fra min BLA-L29 med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    If antibodies last that long, you can buy relatively cheap test kits with 90% certainty in Danish farmacies.

But if I came to Denmark to buy a test kit, would they allow me in the country?

Main store is on M-59 near Telegraph in Pontiac; second store moved from Woodward at 14 mile Road to a new location in Clawson last year.
    I live on the West side of the state, but I know right where that is. When we used to go to concerts at The Palace we used to stay at a motel right near that intersection in Pontiac. The East side of the state got hit a lot harder then we did over here on the West.

I had a pre-surgery COVID test today. They stuck that swab half way up into my brain. Not very pleasant. Now I have to quarantine until my surgery on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    But if I came to Denmark to buy a test kit, would they allow me in the country?
    Shipping the Kit would be cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I had a pre-surgery COVID test today. They stuck that swab half way up into my brain. Not very pleasant. Now I have to quarantine until my surgery on Wednesday.
    All the best. Godspeed. I haven't had a Covid test but I did some bloodwork in June. No antibodies, no exposure.

They did that to me when I was eleven when I had pneumonia. I thought I was going to gag to death.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They did that to me when I was eleven when I had pneumonia. I thought I was going to gag to death.
    My friend who is a long-time emergency department nurse says that if it isn't very painful, then they aren't doing it right!

Quote Originally Posted by tdotdo View Post
    My friend who is a long-time emergency department nurse says that if it isn't very painful, then they aren't doing it right!
    Mine didn't hurt, it's just the only thing ever up my nose was a finger and I could never touch my tonsils with it.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by tdotdo View Post
    Probably true. With me she shoved it way up my nose and then twisted around. She said she had to do it for 10 seconds, so she counted down from 10 to 1 then pulled it out.

Just got back from Walmart. Most employees and probably 1/4 of customers not covering their nose with masks. Some people not wearing masks only the plastic shields which I believe should only be used with a mask. This is going to a long one folks.

She said she had to do it for 10 seconds, so she counted down from 10 to 1 then pulled it out.

WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Just got back from Walmart. Most employees and probably 1/4 of customers not covering their nose with masks. Some people not wearing masks only the plastic shields which I believe should only be used with a mask. This is going to a long one folks.
    I've stayed very local here in Maryland, and in the few stores I've been to, everyone has worn a mask - no exceptions.

But I recently went to a store in Manassas, northern Virginia. Only half of the customers wore masks, no social distancing in the cash register lines, and 1 of the 3 check-out clerks wore a mask.

That was a shock to my system. I'm glad to be living where I do, and I'm not surprised that my city's proportional Covid counts are way below most.
    Regards,

Duncan