Page 104 of 235 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

One side effect??? of Covid seems to be a currency shortage in the US. Today at Walmart and Lowes I had to use cards as both stated they cannot do cash purchases due to a coin shortage??? Toilet Paper....Bottled Water.....and Quarters, Dimes & Nickels...

Now we can't seem to make enough currency?????

Shopping expedition today only revealed one youngish man with a little girl at Lowes without a mask. And....as always at Walmart....folks who can't seem to get their schnozz covered with the mask.....mostly Employees!

"America.......As Dumb As We Want To Be!"
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    One side effect??? of Covid seems to be a currency shortage in the US. Today at Walmart and Lowes I had to use cards as both stated they cannot do cash purchases due to a coin shortage??? Toilet Paper....Bottled Water.....and Quarters, Dimes & Nickels...

Shopping expedition today only revealed one youngish man with a little girl at Lowes without a mask. And....as always at Walmart....folks who can't seem to get their schnozz covered with the mask.....mostly Employees!

How old was the girl because little kids aren't supposed to wear a mask. That's even more reason not to take them shopping.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    How old was the girl because little kids aren't supposed to wear a mask. That's even more reason not to take them shopping.
    Guy (father) was in 30's.....daughter was probably 10. He had a Thug-wanna-be-look.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

“Never were the poorer classes of a people so basely duped, so adroitly swindled." - H.R. Helper, 1857

T'was ever thus....
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Mandatory masks in all public places in Ohio, as of 6 PM today. Good to see them following the medical professionals, and not the political leadership in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Mandatory masks in all public places in Ohio, as of 6 PM today. Good to see them following the medical professionals, and not the political leadership in Washington.
    Just indoors, or outdoors as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Just indoors, or outdoors as well?
    Haven't heard, but I assume indoors only.

And....as always at Walmart....folks who can't seem to get their schnozz covered with the mask.....mostly Employees!
    I see the same thing. it seems to be mostly employees who can't seem to cover their noses and their bosses who don't enforce it. I am really close to telling the local deli to get their shit together.

Two years old and under. Anyone older than two should wear one.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    You have no way of knowing how many accurate cases there are. People with covid like symptoms are often lumped into covid stats. How many are infected that we don't know about?
    Coming out now they were forcing health workers in Florida to misrepresent data so they could open up. One person was fired because she refused to do it.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

That one person was the person who actually created the database and wrote the code.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

And lumber

I've been trying to get a deck built on my house, and there's about a 4 month delay because the plants that were pressure treating the lumber were shut down for many weeks.

They should be starting construction next week - at last!
    Regards,

Duncan

Coming out now they were forcing health workers in Florida to misrepresent data so they could open up. One person was fired because she refused to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    That one person was the person who actually created the database and wrote the code.
    Yeah, that's old news. She is currently running her own database. She's very sharp and surprisingly young.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Who else can write code and develop novel databases? Not me.

Who else can write code and develop novel databases? Not me.
    I can But the woman in Florida has a PhD in computer science and - according to reports - is very sharp. And she worked for something like 6 weeks straight, almost 24-7, to get the system running properly.

'Course, I didn't research this - I'm speaking from memory...
    Regards,

Duncan

I have not followed this thread all the way through, and don't have time to read 2,589 posts.

Question for those who have followed the thread:

Has anyone in PE tested positive for Covid?
    Regards,

Duncan

^ I think Klonk and his family did, iirc.

This one falls into the conspiracy theories category.. one thing I read or heard was fear of touching currency.. which translates to a convenient way to force the public into a cashless society (which in truth has been the plan all along)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Ontario - province I live in has 3rd stage opening this week. I have no intention of entering a restaurant indoors for a long time. I would, but have not yet, sit on a balcony outside. We've had just over 8,000 deaths in Canada and I'd like to see us moving steady ahead.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I am new to this thread so not sure if this has already been mentioned, but masks were made mandatory here in Michigan indoors a few weeks ago. I would say most people seem to be following the rules at least around where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I have no intention of entering a restaurant indoors for a long time.
    Same here, as much as I'd like to help the local establishments. Especially after getting takeout and seeing people too close to each other. We're supposed to be six feet apart, but the restaurants are setting up the TABLES six feet apart, which places their patrons only about four feet from each other. And, at the one local place, people at the bar were only about three feet apart. That's why we're heading in the wrong direction. That's also why the local authorities are starting to crack down on them by following up on tips from others.

Duncan- my sister-in-law did. She lost her sense of smell and taste, and had severe musculoskeletal pain and a dry cough. It took her more than 6 weeks to begin feeling normal again. And for two weeks she was quarantined in her own house away from her husband and kids.

SteveSly- my brother's store is really hurting, in MI- Joes Army Navy, which opened a new place just before Covid hit. But he has sold a ton of masks, no joke. For a while he had to lay off his entire staff. Mail order kept him in business, but it will be a terrible year. My foks hav enot left their home in several months- they are 89.

As a followup to my post regarding Walmart Employees unable to keep their masks over their noses:

https://www.kpq.com/over-20-walmart-...test-positive/

Thats 21 Employees in ONE store in my State!....

Duncan- my sister-in-law did. She lost her sense of smell and taste, and had severe musculoskeletal pain and a dry cough. It took her more than 6 weeks to begin feeling normal again. And for two weeks she was quarantined in her own house away from her husband and kids.

SteveSly- my brother's store is really hurting, in MI- Joes Army Navy, which opened a new place just before Covid hit. But he has sold a ton of masks, no joke. For a while he had to lay off his entire staff. Mail order kept him in business, but it will be a terrible year. My foks hav enot left their home in several months- they are 89.
    Several financial "shoes" have yet to drop because of all this. For example, I imagine federal and state tax receipts will be well below normal simply due to lower income levels across the board. I'll go on record saying I really want Biden to win, but I don't envy the fiscal crisis he'll probably inherit. Sort of like Obama in '08, but this time you can't quite pin ALL of the blame on the Republicans.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

My oldest daughter, who is a recently graduated nurse, got a very mild case. Her and about eight of her co-workers got exposed a couple of weeks ago. She had a slight fever and some headaches. She's asthmatic and was very lucky. She also lives in her own place, so we were also very lucky. My other two daughters live with us. My middle one has not left the property since March 18 when we had to put our dog down just when the shit started hitting the proverbial fan.

It's been the worst year ever for many reasons. But, we're still very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I have not followed this thread all the way through, and don't have time to read 2,589 posts.

Question for those who have followed the thread:

Has anyone in PE tested positive for Covid?
    My father took a Covid test a few days ago, as a prerequisite for an outpatient CT scan. He tested negative for the virus, but positive for antibodies. He most likely got it from me. In February, before the fecal matter started hitting the fan, one of my clients at work was homeless. He came to the program every day just to have somewhere to be, and something to do. He had a terrible cough. Toward the end of February, I had what I thought was a mild case of the Flu. I postponed my bi-weekly dinner with my parents to the next week, while I had Flu like symptoms. If it was in fact Covid, it should've been postponed at least 2 weeks after symptoms, unbeknownst to me.
    Last edited by progmatist; 07-24-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama