Page 87 of 133 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 3315

Thread: Vintage TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I cannot let this go uncorrected.
    The only "OG" episode was "A Piece of the Action".
    Yer right. I was too lazy to type ST: TOS....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Yer right. I was too lazy to type ST: TOS....
    Which caused you to violate the Star Trek Terms Of Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    ^^^ Only the second if you count "More Tribbles, More Troubles." I believe the animated series is not considered "canon."

(I loved that episode when it aired. Giant tribbles!)
    I most definitely count More Tribbles, More Troubles. Who says TAS "doesn't count"? I know I heard once that Gene supposedly declared it "apocrypha", but I've also heard that wasn't really Gene, but rather one of his henchmen speaking on his behalf. It was established on the TAS that Kirk's middle name is Tiberius, so someone must have thought it was canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Gerrold
    Arguments about "canon" are silly. I always felt that Star Trek Animated was part of Star Trek because Gene Roddenberry accepted the paycheck for it and put his name on the credits. And D. C. Fontana—and all the other writers involved—busted their butts to make it the best Star Trek they could. But this whole business of "canon" really originated with Gene's errand boy. Gene liked giving people titles instead of raises, so the errand boy got named "archivist" and apparently it went to his head. Gene handed him the responsibility of answering all fan questions, silly or otherwise, and he apparently let that go to his head.
    Klingon underling: Commander! Engineering is filled with Tribble!
    Koloth: We can do something about that!
    (Koloth pulls out the Tribble predator, opens the Engineering room door, to find one giant tribble, which causes the predator to freak and head for the hills)
    Koloth: Well! Don't just stand there! Shoot it!
    (Klingon subordinate shoots the giant tribble which breaks into hundreds of normal sized tribbles, which rain down on Koloth and the other Klingon)
    Klingon: Any other orders, Sir?
    Koloth: Yes! Don't do that again!
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 07-30-2022 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Which caused you to violate the Star Trek Terms Of Service.
    LMAO....

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Even in recent years, that Cheerios commercial with the white mom, black dad and bi-racial daughter caused some people to lose their s***.
    There were at least two made and shown. The original and a second. Don’t know if there were any more.
    The older I get, the better I was.

^Ridiculous. As if that doesn't happen in real life. TV should mirror reality (unless it's sci fi or fantasy obviously) but I don't know why something as mundane as a commercial (bi-racial or otherwise) would offend anyone unless they are living under a rock.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

I'm watching some cheap movie called......The Devil's Rain....starring Bobby Shatner and Earnest Borgnine.....on Svengoolie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    ^Ridiculous. As if that doesn't happen in real life. TV should mirror reality...
    In real life, average guys don't get hot wives.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm watching some cheap movie called......The Devil's Rain....starring Bobby Shatner and Earnest Borgnine.....on Svengoolie.
    And John Travolta (OK, so he's only in one scene, near the end, but he's in it)

Chris, I'm starting to see similarities with The Rainman.

And now I'm watching.....BATMAN....POW! BAM! SOCK!

Chris, I'm starting to see similarities with The Rainman.
    Say waht now?

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Say waht now?
    Your base of knowledge on old TV shows is voluminous...bordering on savant level.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Speak for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Speak for yourself
    I'm not an average guy.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

And John Travolta (OK, so he's only in one scene, near the end, but he's in it)
    I saw that in the theater when it came out. Apparently, it was financed by the Mob.

Bobby Shatner?!?!?
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Bobby Shatner?!?!?
    Yes, I know him personally.....

And Kirk kisses Uhura. There was some chemistry going on there.
    Just heard that Nichelle Nichols has passed.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I meant as far as showing bi-racial couples on tv. But I'm sure there's plenty of examples of average or less than average men with hot wives in the real world. Sure, some of those guys are wealthy but not all.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Just heard that Nichelle Nichols has passed.
    Yep. Sad news. I believe she was pretty ill though if I'm not mistaken.

Your base of knowledge on old TV shows is voluminous...bordering on savant level.
    Standing in the sun
    Idiot Savant
    Something like a monument

TV, movies, music trivia, if it's completely useless and pointless trivia, I probably know something about it. I dunno if it's "savant level". Some things I know just because I read a given magazine article or the box set liner notes a dozen or more times. A lot of the TV stuff, it's just a matter of remembering names and faces, especially those that I've seen a million times. And some of it's stuff I pulled off IMDB. I might know off hand that I recognize a given actor from Star Trek, but I may not remember the exact episode title.

But the stuff I can recall off the top of my head I reckon is similar to performing a play or playing a song from memory. Or like the experts you see on documentary programs. I dunno if they can tell you all the info off the top of their heads, or phrase it as articulately as they do on TV, but I figure it's similar.

It's a damn shame I couldn't figure out a way to monetize it.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Yes, I know him personally.....
    hmm... my grandfather was named William - Bill or Billy for short.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I meant as far as showing bi-racial couples on tv. But I'm sure there's plenty of examples of average or less than average men with hot wives in the real world. Sure, some of those guys are wealthy but not all.
    It was a joke.

Standing in the sun
    Idiot Savant
    Something like a monument

TV, movies, music trivia, if it's completely useless and pointless trivia, I probably know something about it. I dunno if it's "savant level". Some things I know just because I read a given magazine article or the box set liner notes a dozen or more times. A lot of the TV stuff, it's just a matter of remembering names and faces, especially those that I've seen a million times. And some of it's stuff I pulled off IMDB. I might know off hand that I recognize a given actor from Star Trek, but I may not remember the exact episode title.

But the stuff I can recall off the top of my head I reckon is similar to performing a play or playing a song from memory. Or like the experts you see on documentary programs. I dunno if they can tell you all the info off the top of their heads, or phrase it as articulately as they do on TV, but I figure it's similar.

It's a damn shame I couldn't figure out a way to monetize it.
    Chris, I would never use the word idiot to refer to you. Your knowledge on the subject is impressive, if a bit off the beaten path. As for monetizing it, I can't help but think you would clean up on Jeopardy.