Page 56 of 133 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3315

Thread: Vintage TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I have little recollection of that show since it paled compared to AitF so I quit watching it, but googling tells me that actress was 10 when the show started and 13 when it ended.

Your only redemption is what age you might have been at the time.
    I think you are thinking of Danielle Brisbois. She was a kid. Stephanie Miller was probably in her late teens at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I think you are thinking of Danielle Brisbois. She was a kid. Stephanie Miller was probably in her late teens at the time.
    Dude, you need to use Wiki before you post. I think you're the one who was thinking of Denise Miller, who played Archie's niece Billie (you may recall Billie's sister, Linda, who appeared in an episode of All In The Family, where Archie becomes enraged when she goes on a date with Lionel Jefferson).

Yes I meant Denise Miller. Stephanie was the little girl. So I got the first name confused. But you know who I'm referring to. Miller had to be at least in her late teens.

Yes I meant Denise Miller. Stephanie was the little girl. So I got the first name confused. But you know who I'm referring to. Miller had to be at least in her late teens.
    Only because I checked Wiki. The conversation brought up Stephanie Mills, then you're like "Stephanie was hot". What were we supposed to think?!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Only because I checked Wiki. The conversation brought up Stephanie Mills, then you're like "Stephanie was hot". What were we supposed to think?!
    I was inebriated. Let's move on..... get over it.

Liz Montgomery was hotter

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    But the second Darren didn't think so. Turns out, he's gay in real life.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Joyce Dewitt was hotter.

Barbara Eden was hottest. The fact the she knew who the master was...
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Barbara Eden was hottest. The fact the she knew who the master was...
    Sometimes...

Major Nelson: Jeannie's turned against me.
    Major Healey: She can't turn against you. You're her master. She has to obey you.
    Major Nelson: Yeah, who says so?
    Major Healey: I don't know, maybe it's in the genie manual.
    Major Nelson: Then how come she's deliberately disobeyed me?
    Major Healey: Maybe she wasn't issued a genie manual

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    Sometimes...

Major Nelson: Jeannie's turned against me.
    Major Healey: She can't turn against you. You're her master. She has to obey you.
    Major Nelson: Yeah, who says so?
    Major Healey: I don't know, maybe it's in the genie manual.
    Major Nelson: Then how come she's deliberately disobeyed me?
    Major Healey: Maybe she wasn't issued a genie manual
    Bill Daily was always so "pitch perfect" as the comic relief. He was great on The Bob Newhart Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post

Agreed and that's not even the best picture of her I've seen. But to be completely PC, she was a superb actress. Great comedic timing but also a great dramatic actress who wasn't afraid to take risks.

Joyce Dewitt was hotter.
    Jenilee Harrison, who replaced Suzanne Somers tried playing dumb like Chrissy, but couldn't quite mask how highly intelligent she actually is.

Watched the first episode of Space: 1999 the other day. I dunno if I'd ever seen that particular episode before, or if I have, it's been more than 30 years (seems to me the last time I saw Space: 1999 was sometime in the mid 80's, I recall an episode where someone played a Coral Electric Sitar).

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Gerry Anderson got better performances from the stars of his older shows like Thunderbirds, Fireball XL5, Stingray, etc. than he did in his later shows like UFO and Space:1999, where the acting was more wooden.

Watched the first episode of Space: 1999 the other day. I dunno if I'd ever seen that particular episode before, or if I have, it's been more than 30 years (seems to me the last time I saw Space: 1999 was sometime in the mid 80's, I recall an episode where someone played a Coral Electric Sitar).
    That someone was Big Jim Sullivan, who also composed the score for that episode.

Far out, man

I always thought it would be quite poignant if SYFY, or some other cable network had re-run the series...in 1999. A comparison of a future vision of 1999, and how it really was in 1999. In high school, we read George Orwell's 1984, just prior to 1984. In 2015, the time Marty McFly jumped to, the Back to the Future movies regained popularity.

I've seen a lot of Space:1999 episodes on Hulu and Youtube. It's not a great show but Martin Landau was a great actor. The show was laim (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    That someone was Big Jim Sullivan, who also composed the score for that episode.
    Wow, I never knew that was Big Jim Sullivan. Course, at the time, probably, I had no idea who he was. I'll definitely be paying attention when that episode comes up.

I've seen a lot of Space:1999 episodes on Hulu and Youtube. It's not a great show but Martin Landau was a great actor. The show was laim (imo).
    We'll wee'll see what I think. The only thing I really remember about this show was Catherine Schell in that second series as Maya, the extraterrestrial shape shifter. That and the Eagle shuttlecraft.

And looking back, it looks like Id idn't finish my comment in my previous post. I meant to say I haven't seen the show probably in about 35 years, so I'm kinda looking forward to see what my impression of it is now.

Watching Svengoolie. ...the Beast Must Die.

^ With Peter Cushing. It's British film.

Watching Svengoolie. ...the Beast Must Die.
    glad to see a deep dive into the genre rather than the same old Universal film stuff for umpteenth time... even if the offering is on the cheesy side

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    glad to see a deep dive into the genre rather than the same old Universal film stuff for umpteenth time... even if the offering is on the cheesy side
    Beyond cheesy. The show is a missed opportunity. They're simply too cheap to pay for any decent movies, it seems.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I love cheesiness and cornballishness of Svengoolie. I think that's the point. It's cornball and rubber chickens.