Pat Priest
    Barbars Eden
    Ginger
    Marcia Marcia Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Both have a great figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That reminds me of a bit from SF comedy 'Red Dwarf':

Lister : You ever see "The Flintstones"?
    The Cat : Sure.
    Lister : Do you think Wilma's sexy?
    The Cat : Wilma Flintstone?
    Lister : Maybe we've been alone in deep space too long but every time I see that show, her body drives me crazy. Is it me?
    The Cat : I think, in all probability, Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman who ever lived.
    Lister : That's good, I thought I was going strange.
    The Cat : She's incredible.
    Lister : What do you think of Betty?
    The Cat : Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty... but I'd be thinking of Wilma.
    Lister : This is crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    The Cat : You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
    Lister : She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

^

MeTV is showing the really early episodes recently. Wilma's head is about half as long as her body on those early epis. Hilarious cartoon. Yeah, dumb, corny plots but just crazy hilarious.

Hiya Fred, my bosom buddy, and lifelong pal. Eh heh heh heh hiya Bawny Boy.....

For me, Hanna Barbera produced the best cartoons ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Wilma and Betty. Tee hee hee......
    Well, they were the "modern, stone-aged family."

^

MeTV is showing the really early episodes recently. Wilma's head is about half as long as her body on those early epis. Hilarious cartoon. Yeah, dumb, corny plots but just crazy hilarious.

Hiya Fred, my bosom buddy, and lifelong pal. Eh heh heh heh hiya Bawny Boy.....

I have the entire first season on DVD. Just like any other series, once the baby came along... meh.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

^ They softened up the show a bit (which was more for kids) compared to the anger and antagonism of the first couple seasons or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, they were the "modern, stone-aged family."

I have the entire first season on DVD. Just like any other series, once the baby came along... meh.
    Betty never got her figure back after Bam Bam
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I liked the auto racing Fred episode. "He drives...like he's coming home on the freeway!"

You really can't go wrong with those early episodes. "The Swimming Pool," "The Flintstone Flyer," "The Monster from the Tar Pits."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

And all those snarky, prehistoric animals as kitchen appliances and whatnot. Hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Betty never got her figure back after Bam Bam
    You know, I think Bam Bam was adopted, iirc.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    You know, I think Bam Bam was adopted, iirc.
    Yep, he was, now that you mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    You really can't go wrong with those early episodes. "The Swimming Pool," "The Flintstone Flyer," "The Monster from the Tar Pits."
    I also liked their take offs on other shows and actors. Perry Masonite. They did one where this family moved in. They were exactly like the Adams Family.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I also liked their take offs on other shows and actors. Perry Masonite.
    Everybody gets named after stone/rock, etc., but he gets a name based on wood.

Yeah the Flintstones were popular during the British Invasion and the whole Rock And Roll thing. There were episodes where Fred was on stage playing guitar and duckwalking.....hysterical.

Although they used to cheap out on the animation. You'd always see Fred or Yogi running past the same furniture or trees over & over.

I also liked their take offs on other shows and actors. Perry Masonite. They did one where this family moved in. They were exactly like the Adams Family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Everybody gets named after stone/rock, etc., but he gets a name based on wood.
    It was actually Perry Masonry (pronounced masonary)

Then there was Ed Sullistone, Ann Margrock, Stony Curtis, Gary Granite

Although they used to cheap out on the animation. You'd always see Fred or Yogi running past the same furniture or trees over & over.
    Plus, they had the five-o'clock shadows on the men so they only needed to animate the mouth.

TThe Addams Family parody came late,r when they revived the show in the ealry 80's, I think.
    Yeah the Flintstones were popular during the British Invasion and the whole Rock And Roll thing. There were episodes where Fred was on stage playing guitar and duckwalking.....hysterical.
    They also depicted the guitars being plugged directly into electrical outlets. Isn't there an episode where Fred drops something on his foot and starts hopping around, yelling, and it turns out to "the latest dance craze". I also remember one where Pebbles and Bam-Bam develop the ability to sing (though I think that turned out to be just a dream Fred was having).

On the Jetsons, there was an episode where Judy enters a songwriting contest, only George substitutes Elroy's secret code, and it ends up winning the contest. I think that's the one where we also find out that George has cosiderable, hitherto unknown, talents as a jazz drummer.
    You'd always see Fred or Yogi running past the same furniture or trees over & over.
    A lot of cartoon studios did that in the 60's and 70's. I think I first noticed it on a Mister Magoo, where he kept passing the same houses as he was driving. I can remember thinking, "He's driving in circles". There's a Simpsons episode where they acknowledge that, the head of the studio who makes Itchy and Scratchy says "We save money by repeating the same backgrounds" as you see him, Bart, and I think Lisa walking past the same background like three times, right down to the same cleaning lady.

The also used what was called "limited animation where they'd reuse the same cells for anything that wasn't moving. One person would be made of three or four separate cells, one for the body, one for each arm, one for the face, etc. The body would stay the same through an entire scene (or maybe even in several scenes) and only the parts of that body that would move would change.

Yeah but they ruled in the 60s and 70s. I even liked Josie and The Pussycats. Shit Johnny Quest, Space Ghost. Archie. Loved all that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    TThe Addams Family parody came late,r when they revived the show in the ealry 80's, I think.
    Nah - it was part of the original run and i LOVED those episodes. The Gruesomes - Weirdly, Creepella and Gobby. lol If I remember right, the guy who played Ernest T Bass on the Andy Griffith Show did the voice of Weirdly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Nah - it was part of the original run and i LOVED those episodes. The Gruesomes - Weirdly, Creepella and Gobby. lol If I remember right, the guy who played Ernest T Bass on the Andy Griffith Show did the voice of Weirdly.
    Looked it up on Wikipedia, and it looks like you're right. I might have been thinking of the Frankenstones, who were neighbors in the late 70's/early 80's iteration of the show.

Speaking of which, do they still do Saturday morning cartoons? I stayed home from work today, and at around 10:00 I checked all the broadcast networks, and NONE of them were showing cartoons. I'ms ure when I was a kid, they showed cartoons all morning, from like 7:00 to 12:00.

Watching a Three Stooges Marathon on MeTV.

Harvey Korman was on one of today's Route 66 reruns, playing an agent from a credit card company who's come to tell Martin Milner that the lady who stole his credit card ran up $9,000 bill on it.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Laugh-In is the unfunniest show ever. God it was so dumb. I'd rather watch Cher reruns. Shields and Yarnell killed!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Harvey Korman