Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3315

Thread: Vintage TV thread

re: Rip Torn

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Cousin of David Torn, reportedly.
    I'm not sure I knew that. Wikipedia says Ina Garten, the host of The Barefoot Contessa is also a relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    . Cracks me up when Fred calls Lamont (or Rollo)......you big dummy. D.U.M.M.Y .....Dummy.
    Love the episode where Lamont is getting in touch with his African roots. He starts walking around in a dashiki, and insists that they stop eating anything and everything with pork in it.

Lamont: Now get rid of that sausage!
    (Lamont leaves the kitchen, Fred goes over to the stove and starts eating the sausage)
    Lamont: (from living room) Pop! What are you doing in there?!
    Fred: (muffled) Getting rid of that sausage like you told me to!

Lamont: I'm just saying I think we should remember where we came from.
    Fred: I know where I came from!
    Lamont: (incredulously) Where's that?
    Fred: St Louis!

The one where they find out that there's a sitcom being made that's a ripoff of their lives. Turns out the head writer is Rollo's cousin, and Rollo had told him all these "crazy stories" about his friend Lamont and his father, and he wrote a sitcom around the stories.

Oh, and the Hawaii adventure, where some guy from the neighborhood makes Fred think there's a Junk Collectors convention in Honolulu, thus luring Fred and Lamont to the island, so they can use them as their mule for the stolen diamonds he needs to smuggle back to the mainland.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Funny you should mention Flipper escapee Ramón Antonio Gerardo Estévez (you didn't know that was his real name, did you? Oh, you knew his last name Estevez, because of Emilio, but you didn't know the rest of his legal name).
    I'd heard his proper name before. I remembered it was several names but didn't remember anything but Estevez. I doubt I could recite it if you asked me an hour from now.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    What many don't realize is that Caroll O'Connor was the complete opposite of Archie Bunker.
    His role on In the Heat of the Night was more consistent with who he really was.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Which would make him Herman's father-in-law, which is what was being discussed.
    Oops. Misread the original post.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

HOLY B-LIST ACTORS, BATMAN! Adam West was on today's Mannix! But we also got an interesting trio of guest stars in this one:

1. Jason Wingreen, who later became well known as Archie Bunker's bartender Harry. He was also the original (uncredited) voice of Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back (before George Lucas decided to futz around with and superfluously changed a bunch of stuff, apparently including Boba Fett's voice)

2. Nehemiah Persoff, who did a lot of film and TV work in a career that spanned 55 years, but for our purposes, he was in a Star Trek: TNG episode. He was also a rabbi who Thomas Magnum had to protect (I recall a scene where the rabbi tells Magnum to pull over because, "It's Friday and it's almost sundown", so he gets out to walk, Magnum joins him, and seconds later the car they were in, I don't think it was Robin Masters' Ferrari, explodes!)

3. Susan Bay Nimoy (that would be his widow, in case you're wondering)

Oh yeah, and an actress named Carol Wayne, who is maybe best remembered as the Matinee Girl in Johnny Carson's Tea Time Movie sketches on the Tonight Show. She was also in The Party (one of my favourites), and a 1984 flick called Heartbreakers (which has a Tangerine Dream score).

I thought i recognized one of the other actresses, but when I looked her up on IMDB, I don't recognize her name, or any of the other credits listed. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and an actress named Carol Wayne, who is maybe best remembered as the Matinee Girl in Johnny Carson's Tea Time Movie sketches on the Tonight Show.
    Rumor had it, back in the day, that Johnny was hittin that

He was also a rabbi who Thomas Magnum had to protect (I recall a scene where the rabbi tells Magnum to pull over because, "It's Friday and it's almost sundown", so he gets out to walk, Magnum joins him, and seconds later the car they were in, I don't think it was Robin Masters' Ferrari, explodes!)
    That is great!
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Rumor had it, back in the day, that Johnny was hittin that
    Did he ask her if he could pet her kitty?

HOLY B-LIST ACTORS, BATMAN! Adam West was on today's Mannix!
    Unless there was a large bubble that said POW!!! or BAM!! when West hit Mannix, it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Unless there was a large bubble that said POW!!! or BAM!! when West hit Mannix, it doesn't count.
    Doesn't count as what? It was Adam West! Plain and simple.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    King Of Queens - Doug and Arthur scene.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...a&action=click
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 07-02-2022 at 07:49 AM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Tonight on Cozi TV it's the two Columbo pilot episodes. "Prescription: Murder" from 1968. Gene Barry as Psychiatrist who murders his wife. "Ransom for a Dead Man" from 1971. Lee Grant as a lawyer who murders her husband.

And now I'm watching some cheap, cornball B movie called.........Attack Of The Puppet People.

And now I'm watching Zorba The Greek on Movies Channel. Burp.

Now watching....The Deadly Mantis....on Svengoolie.

Now watching....The Deadly Mantis....on Svengoolie.
    jeez, again?

^^ Reminds me of the episode of Gilligan's Island in which Gilligan is bitten by a mantis. The professor thought it was venomous and everyone thought Gilligan was going to die. At the end, the professor realized he misidentified the mantis, and it wasn't venomous after all.

Had Gilligan died, they would've been rescued from the island within a few days.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

And now I am watching......Rebel Without A Cause. Jim Backus.."Thurston Howell The Third" is in this movie ....lol

And now I am watching......Rebel Without A Cause. Jim Backus.."Thurston Howell The Third" is in this movie ....lol
    Yeah, that was mindboggling to me, when I first saw it! Another that blew my mind was Leo G. Carrol, who I imagine most people would recognize as Alexander Waverly on The Man From UNCLE, but the guy was in six (count 'em! SIX!) Alfred Hitchcock pictures, including Strangers On A Train (or as I like to call it, the serious version of Throw Momma From The Train) and North By Northwest!

"I knew Leo G. Carrol
    was over a barrel
    when Tarantula took to the hills..."
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Wild Wild West is on Decades this weekend. A lot of those were pretty good.
    The older I get, the better I was.

I finished watching all of the original Twilight Zone episodes not too long ago and now I'm almost finished with the original star trek series (I have dvd collections of both). One thing that's interesting that I read online recently is that apparently when most people watched the original star trek when it first aired on tv most people were watching it in black and white. So even though color tv had been around a while apparently most people still didn't have color tvs at the time. Can anyone confirm this? I kind of find that hard to believe. Maybe I'll look for that online article and post it.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

This Saturday night on Cozi TV it's the last two Columbo episodes from season 3 1974. In Swan Song it's Johnny Cash as a gospel singer and guitarist murderer. The always great Vito Scotti makes one of his several Columbo appearances. Just hope they don't cut out his scene like they did last week in another episode. In A Friend In Deed Columbo investigates his boss played by Richard Kiley. Val Avery plays his most substantial of several Columbo roles. In polls and rankings A friend in Deed is almost always ranked near the top as one of the best Columbo episodes.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    One thing that's interesting that I read online recently is that apparently when most people watched the original star trek when it first aired on tv most people were watching it in black and white. So even though color tv had been around a while apparently most people still didn't have color tvs at the time.
    I never had color TV until I left home and got married a dozen years after ST:TOS got canceled.