Thread: Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy-"Twist of the Wrist" 2013 Tour,Welcome Back Promo/set list

Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy-"Twist of the Wrist" 2013 Tour,Welcome Back Promo/set list

I thought you would like to see the new set list we will be playing on the Carl Palmer Legacy World Tour starting on March 1st in Europe and continuing on to the USA, South America and Canada.

Peter Gunn
    Welcome Back...
    Hoedown
    Knife Edge
    America
    Mars the God of War
    Barbarian
    Tarkus - the complete version
    Guitar solo
    Carmena Burana
    Bass solo
    Karelia Suite
    Fugue in D Minor
    Pictures at an Exhibition
    Fanfare
    Nutrocker

Nice!

Great setlist - seeing this in Annapolis and possibly DC as well

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Yeah great set list...he'll be here in ATL on 4/1...lookin g forward to it for sure.

Odd choice to play Mars given that it was an ELPowell recorded piece. Does anyone know if Palmer played it live with E&L at any time either before or after the ELPowell album?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    Odd choice to play Mars given that it was an ELPowell recorded piece. Does anyone know if Palmer played it live with E&L at any time either before or after the ELPowell album?
    i'm not sure I can even count the number of times I've seen ELPalmer play "Touch and Go" live so why not "Mars"..which is a classical cover tune anyway. Should be great!

The Enemy God
    CP never played Mars.....but yes Touch and Go many times

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gallen1964 View Post
    CP never played Mars.....but yes Touch and Go many times
    correct, just chimming on my take that it's not really an "odd" choice for him to play as suggested in post #4,.

After looking over the setlist though, not much different than past sets lists.