View Poll Results: Since the start of 2020, which format are you currently using most to listen to music

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vinyl

19 10.86%
  • CD

85 48.57%
  • Digital Files (MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc.)

55 31.43%
  • Streaming

16 9.14%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Which format are you using most?

Quote Originally Posted by sbtm View Post
    I have to admit that I just love being more involved into getting the music started. like searching for the record, slipping it out of the sleeve, putting it on the turntable and placing the needle/stylus (whatever you wanna call it) in the groove... oh yes.. and I love the sound)
    same here bro!

welcome to the greatest progressive electric music discussion board on the planet!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

As to the Youtube question from earlier, what do you guys (gals?) think about the issue as it pertains to very rare & OOP music (prog & otherwise) that has been uploaded essentially as a way of preserving it for us & future generations to explore & enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    same here bro!

welcome to the greatest progressive electric music discussion board on the planet!
    I just recently got back into vinyl. Pricey but fuckin awesome.

Yeah, vinyl is great! I started collecting new and used LPs about 8 years ago and it's been really fun. I'm fortunate to have a record store in my city too, which has been nice.

Ember
    Total time spent listening: digital files ripped by me or purchased directly (FLAC or 320mbps MP3). I am playing music via headphones or car stereo from my phone most of the day.

Form in which I buy music: CDs, followed closely by digital files from Bandcamp.

Quality time: 5.1 remixes in my home theater on various special editions.

I use streaming services mostly to sample music I'm considering buying.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I just recently got back into vinyl. Pricey but fuckin awesome.
    I bought a new turntable (Rega Planar 3) and boy did it make a difference...
    Right now I am mostly vinyl with the occasional surround (Blu Ray SACD or DVD/A)

Mostly vinyl lately.Recently bought the two Crimson boxes(awesome),the Yes Steven Wilson box and Bowie Ziggy Stardust.I love vinyl... don't know why but to me that's the real sound of music.