Tom Sawyer
    YYZ
    Afterimage
    Stick it Out
    Cut to the Chase
    Between Sun & Moon
    Driven
    Time and Motion
    Last edited by UnephenStephen; 03-02-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    One Little Victory

That's a long list. Here's one of my faves...

Good list... how about Passage To Bangkok and Bastille Day... oh, and Digital Man!

Earthshine
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Anthem

nuff said
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Banned
    they all rock

^ Word! Even Tai Shan!

a rare, yet deliberate shout out for “ceiling unlimited” (#2 on “vapor trails”). this one cooks.

I always thought "Show Don't Tell" and "Supoerconductor" were great, and it was pretty startling to hear those after the keyboard albums.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    a rare, yet deliberate shout out for “ceiling unlimited” (#2 on “vapor trails”). this one cooks.
    Love that song!!

"Cold Fire"!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

First album, from start to finish.

Headlong Flight has some pretty good momentum to it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

rockin as in good riffage with some nice lyrics a nice change and maybe a solo? isn't "the trees" a longer tune that takes a while before it gets to the good stuff? tom sawyer and yyz for sure. if you allow "the trees" then you have to allow "jacob's ladder" which has one of the coolest solos alex has ever done right after the change at around the 1;22 mark or so..

Jacob's ladder is not rockin' tune, but a marching tune.

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    rockin as in good riffage with some nice lyrics a nice change and maybe a solo? isn't "the trees" a longer tune that takes a while before it gets to the good stuff? tom sawyer and yyz for sure. if you allow "the trees" then you have to allow "jacob's ladder" which has one of the coolest solos alex has ever done right after the change at around the 1;22 mark or so..
    what made me think of this was seeing Freewill played on the Time Machine concert (it was on VH1 Classic) - Alex smokes on the solo in the middle and when it ends and the reprise starts, the crowd goes crazy. so it wasn't just the solo, it was the transition into the reprise that got everyone going crazy. obviously not all the songs i listed can be described the same way but that's what made me think of it.
    and btw, the Trees is only about 4.5 minutes long making it about 3 mins shorter than JL so i don't think you can really compare the 2. if you want to list JL in your own list that's fine - that's what this thread is for.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

I think I'm going bald.

No, really I think I am.

Probably be easier to list the few tunes that DON'T rock.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Bytor!! \m/ \m/ (AtWaS version...) And Between The Wheels...

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    I always thought "Show Don't Tell" and "Supoerconductor" were great, and it was pretty startling to hear those after the keyboard albums.
    GREAT tunes! They rock hard Good list of tunes here so far. Analog Kid is one of my all-time favorite Rush tunes as well.

a few to add:
    Far Cry
    Kid Gloves
    Fly By Night!
    "Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
    -Frank Zappa

Limelight
    Subdivisions
    Working Man even when is a slower tempo for this ears it totally rocks...

Wait, did no one say "The Spirit Of Radio" yet?! That one always gets me movin'.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

"Circumstances"!

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Probably be easier to list the few tunes that DON'T rock.
    A lot of Rush tunes rock but a far smaller number RAWK!!! \m/