Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516

Thread: GENESIS Tour Dates- The Last Domino Tour 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    But they aren't going to pull out their artsy songs from the past and I hope no one buys tickets thinking that will be the case.
    They've never done a tour without doing so, so they will. Just probably not that one.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    They've never done a tour without doing so, so they will. Just probably not that one.
    I've seen every tour starting at Selling England with Peter and I don't know if our opinion of what is artsy differs or not, and I don't include medleys in my comment.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

I've seen every tour starting at Selling England with Peter and I don't know if our opinion of what is artsy differs or not, and I don't include medleys in my comment.
    Ripples and Carpet Crawlers were artsy enough for me last time. And I would bet that something in that vein (ie, a shorter but substantial pre-Three track) will be included this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Ripples and Carpet Crawlers were artsy enough for me last time. And I would bet that something in that vein (ie, a shorter but substantial pre-Three track) will be included this time.
    I think Ripples was one of the highlights of that tour. They hadn't played that in quite a long time, but when I meant artsy I was thinking more of the music from the Gabriel era.
    We watched When in Rome several weekends ago, and I still enjoy that show. Especially since some of the songs were in a lower key and I could finally hit those high notes when singing along with Phil. lol
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Not to be a curmudgeon but literally the only thing I liked during the 2007 tour was Ripples.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Not to be a curmudgeon but literally the only thing I liked during the 2007 tour was Ripples.
    I enjoyed hearing Mama, Domino, the Home By The Sea suite, and Los Endos. The medleys were cool too, but I was disappointed they dropped the Slippermen from the In The Cage/Afterglow medley. Yeah, it was cool to hear the portion of Duke's Travels they did, but the Slippermen solo is one of my favorites and I'd really have liked to have heard.

To tell you the truth, I still wish they had started with the entirety of Duke's Travels/Duke's End, just to mess with people's heads, the way, I'm sure Pink Floyd did in 94 by kicking off the show with Astronomy Domine.

Listening to some boots of the IT tour, the few times the Suppers Ready medley was played, Phil sounded terrible trying to belt out those high notes. He was almost having to scream the words in some sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Listening to some boots of the IT tour, the few times the Suppers Ready medley was played, Phil sounded terrible trying to belt out those high notes. He was almost having to scream the words in some sections.
    I think that's why it was dropped for the |European leg, he really hurt his voice doing that.

Did anyone else who attended the 2007 reunion tour show order a copy of the concert for their venue? I remember the advertisement appeared on the screens at one point and I made a mental note to order one.
    We have a copy of the show we attended at the Palace of Auburn Hills, Mi. In fact we listened to it last weekend. Although it's a soundboard mix, it's still pretty good and much better than normal bootlegs.

I believe the name of the company was Encore CDs(TheMusic.Com), and they recorded each show in every city.
    I think Peter Gabriel used this same company for his tour before the Genesis one, and if my memory is correct so did the Who.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I enjoyed hearing Mama, Domino, the Home By The Sea suite, and Los Endos. The medleys were cool too, but I was disappointed they dropped the Slippermen from the In The Cage/Afterglow medley. Yeah, it was cool to hear the portion of Duke's Travels they did, but the Slippermen solo is one of my favorites and I'd really have liked to have heard.

To tell you the truth, I still wish they had started with the entirety of Duke's Travels/Duke's End, just to mess with people's heads, the way, I'm sure Pink Floyd did in 94 by kicking off the show with Astronomy Domine.
    I'd actually like to revise my statement. Los Endos/Cage/Afterglow were also nice but Ripples stood out as the most authentic sounding from the past.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 1 Week Ago at 09:27 AM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Did anyone else who attended the 2007 reunion tour show order a copy of the concert for their venue? I remember the advertisement appeared on the screens at one point and I made a mental note to order one.
    We have a copy of the show we attended at the Palace of Auburn Hills, Mi. In fact we listened to it last weekend. Although it's a soundboard mix, it's still pretty good and much better than normal bootlegs.

I believe the name of the company was Encore CDs(TheMusic.Com), and they recorded each show in every city.
    I think Peter Gabriel used this same company for his tour before the Genesis one, and if my memory is correct so did the Who.
    Yes, I have my copy of the Hartford, CT show, and also posted recently about picking up a PG one, at a sale price, from a show I attended at Mohegan Sun in CT.

They have some left here: https://themusic.com/encore/_genreAl... North America
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Also, Happy 70th Birthday, Tony Banks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post
    Yes, I have my copy of the Hartford, CT show, and also posted recently about picking up a PG one, at a sale price, from a show I attended at Mohegan Sun in CT.

I was fortunate to get a copy from the Music encore of the Denver concert (at Pepsi Centre) which I attended and also got copies of shows in Montreal, New York, Dusseldorf and the final show at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. With this new tour announced, these are no longer have the significant value they had but still are a piece of Genesis history.

One other special item I own is a double CD set of the Poland concert featuring Ray Wilson on vocals (Label Immortal recorded January 31st 1998 in Katowice, Poland) it is an unofficial release but the sound quality is B+ .

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I enjoyed that... thanks!... and I agree Long Live PHIL! He sure gave my life many memories.

Anyone beside me lucky enough to have seen him with Brand X? What a band that was!
    Bottom Line 77 iirc!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbassdrum View Post

Is the audio quality worth getting these?

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoknows View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing. Probably not worth getting more than one; I doubt there is much to distinguish them. But having one would be cool. There are still seven shows available on the site. Along with some pretty enticing Gabriel shows too. And the price is decent enough.

I love these guys and wish them the best for their tour. I would really like something new, an EP or something yet I know it won't happen. This is I'm sure their final hurrah. I look forward to anything Tony does in the orchestral world. If he does another Rock album that would be welcome. "An Island in the Darkness" was the last thing he did in my opinion was as good as anything he did with Genesis. I love his melodies with their occasionally melancholy phrasing. So few bands today are as brilliant and original as these guys were.

They are soundboard recordings from the band via Encore. The quality is very good on the shows I have. They still have 7 USA shows and 6 Europe shows for sale on Themusic.com.

The last Hollywood Bowl show is great... I was there for one thing... and Phill gave a very nice speech at the end... probably on youtube. 100_3514.jpg100_3514.jpg100_3514.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think so. Here is my post about the PG one I picked up - at the time, at half-price ... Very clear
    https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...l=1#post947916