Thread: David Crosby, Remember My Name

Banned

David Crosby, Remember My Name

The man said that all of his former band members hate him. However, I read that Nash said that he is pissed at Dave because Dave got in Nash’s face after Nash dumped his (Nash’s) wife of 30 years to have a fling with someone that could have been his granddaughter. Good film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing this. Not playing around these parts.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this. Not playing around these parts.
    Netflix only has the DVD, no streaming for now.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I thought it was excellent.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Documentary is great. He acknowledges that he is dying and wants to get as much music laid down as possible. His last 4 records are sublime and, I think, the pinnacle of his career. I know. It's saying a lot, but he's really putting out some beautiful music.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    Documentary is great. He acknowledges that he is dying and wants to get as much music laid down as possible. His last 4 records are sublime and, I think, the pinnacle of his career. I know. It's saying a lot, but he's really putting out some beautiful music.
    Agreed 100%

This has to be seen to be believed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2em9JW9IHB4
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Yep. To all of the above - the documentary is very cool. He is always very interesting both online and in interviews. Cantankerous, strange, brutally honest guy who's seen some shit go down. One of my deepest musical influences, certainly, hands down. I couldn't love the titular album (If Only...) more. And his latest releases have been uniformly excellent (not always true with his albums, imo). Without exception, his later work with Nash, CPR and these albums with Michael League and Becca Stevens (Snarky Lighthouse) get heavy play here. Some favourites are She's Gotta Be Somewhere Soon, Lighthouse, Buddha on A Hill and Sky Trails. But they're all worth a listen if you know and like his music. Very much him but modern and with great collaborators.

Bravo on putting out the word about this fine documentary.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I rented this DVD from Netflix as well. Great. Saw him late last year. One talented guy!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I rented this DVD from Netflix as well. Great. Saw him late last year. One talented guy!
    I bitched at Netflix because they didn’t have the Blu-ray. Such content should be on Blu-ray if I’m paying for it.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I thought he was pretty brutally honest about how his bandmates/people view him. I'll have to check out his recent material based on the comments here.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I bought his most recent album a while back. I like it, but don't love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    I'll have to check these out. I saw a youtube performance of CPR doing 'Deja Vu' some years back, and it was incredible.