Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: PROGEEZER Take 3,4,5,6, etc.

Thought I'd ping this thread, see if anyone has updates or if not, wants to add best wishes
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I haven't had contact with Steve nor heard any updates since fall. John, if you are going to do any reaching out, please include my best wishes. We do miss his irascible and sundry behavior here and other mutual touch points.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I am not alone but I deeply miss the levity and intelligence and humanity Steve brought to PE - and wit and humour. I feel terrible that he's in an assisted living facility. I hope he's finding some respite, enjoying music and taking small pleasures (hopefully he can score some pot to achieve some levity).
    Long live the Geezer. One of my favourite person on PE

Any updates on Steve?
    If steve is alllowed medical/therapeutical use of marijuana , it should lead him to paradise.

Didd anyone receive an answer from rthe snail mail they sent?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    If steve is alllowed medical/therapeutical use of marijuana , it should lead him to paradise.

Didd anyone receive an answer from rthe snail mail they sent?
    I didn't expect a reply to my card but I'm sure he got it and likely enjoyed all the cards of support from folks on this thread.
    I hope he does have access to some pot as that was a daily routine for Steve.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I didn't expect a reply to my card but I'm sure he got it and likely enjoyed all the cards of support from folks on this thread.
    I hope he does have access to some pot as that was a daily routine for Steve.
    That was Steve's hourly routine:
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    That was Steve's hourly routine:
    Love it, Dave, love it!

I left a message on Steve's phone a couple weeks ago - no reply, but at least his number is still active; that's a good sign .
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

The eons are closing
    The monthly Geeze check-in - anyone have news?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Did someone here actually speak with him?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Did someone here actually speak with him?
    For me, not since last June or July.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    For me, not since last June or July.
    Same for me.

We'll be hearing news about Geez very soon
    Regards,

Duncan

The eons are closing
    [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Hello, my friends in prog. This is Steve's (progeezer's) son, Peter. I've been away far too long.
    I told Duncan I would attempt to keep this post short-winded.
    My old man is in an assisted living facility here in southern Wisconsin. The bad news is he has a litany of health problems; the good news is none of them are imminently serious or terminal/life-threatening. I actually spoke with him by phone today, and he chalked his current situation up to "getting old, man". He apparently is in somewhat decent spirits most of the time, and believe it or not still imbibes cannabis/THC cartridges from time to time. He doesn't possess a functional laptop as of right now, but that will likely change in the not so distant future. Anyone desiring to contact him can PM me and I can ascertain his address and/or provide you with his direct landline (though it's not always within his reach...long story). Take care, fellow proggers!
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

^ Very glad to hear that his freak flag is still flying! Is he still listening to prog?

He apparently has Netflix, but no cellphone or laptop access right now. I have multiple siblings who reside nearby, and the facility where he lives have just begun to allow visitors. Evidently, they will bring in a laptop for him. I must admit that his tastes are further reaching than mine. (Most of what I listen to could best be described as loosely/quasi prog. Although, sometimes I feel the need to 'scratch an itch' with something like Sleepytime Gorilla Museum or Bent Knee.) I call him weekly, and I believe last weekend he was watching Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer's ghost View Post
    He apparently has Netflix, but no cellphone or laptop access right now. I have multiple siblings who reside nearby, and the facility where he lives have just begun to allow visitors. Evidently, they will bring in a laptop for him. I must admit that his tastes are further reaching than mine. (Most of what I listen to could best be described as loosely/quasi prog. Although, sometimes I feel the need to 'scratch an itch' with something like Sleepytime Gorilla Museum or Bent Knee.) I call him weekly, and I believe last weekend he was watching Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight.
    Awesome! I don't know if Steve ever mentioned me (Jed) to you, but my wife is from Madison, and one time years ago I ran into Steve at Michael's Custard, and that's when we first met! I recognized him from a photo, and he had mentioned in a post (where we were discussing Madison) that he went to Michael's. My in-laws moved from Madison to the Tucson area, and man, do I miss Michael's, and everything else good about Madison.

Hi Peter,

Hello, my friends in prog. This is Steve's (progeezer's) son, Peter. I've been away far too long.
    I told Duncan I would attempt to keep this post short-winded.
    My old man is in an assisted living facility here in southern Wisconsin. The bad news is he has a litany of health problems; the good news is none of them are imminently serious or terminal/life-threatening. I actually spoke with him by phone today, and he chalked his current situation up to "getting old, man". He apparently is in somewhat decent spirits most of the time, and believe it or not still imbibes cannabis/THC cartridges from time to time. He doesn't possess a functional laptop as of right now, but that will likely change in the not so distant future. Anyone desiring to contact him can PM me and I can ascertain his address and/or provide you with his direct landline (though it's not always within his reach...long story). Take care, fellow proggers!
    Steve is allright!! joieintense.gif

Steve is allright!! joieintense.gif

I wonder why that laptop thing wasn't done many moons ago - provided he had a laptop and not a twer desktop one.

Did he get the cards we all sent him??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Wonderful news, yay Steve!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Viva Geeze!!!!
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Excellent to hear good news about Steve!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Great news! The silence was getting me very worried. Thanks for the update.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Grat news about Steve. Still remember our time in Amsterdam, hunting for some sweets for Kay in Amsterdam.

Very happy to hear news of the man/myth/legend
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Banned
    Wonderful news!

Rejoice!