Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Discussion Thread

The Broncos have no quarterbacks: 3 test positive for Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The Broncos have no quarterbacks: 3 test positive for Covid.
    Actually only one of them tested positive, Jeff Driskel...but the other three were in close contact with Driskel and weren't wearing masks, hence their placement on the list.

Lions fans celebrate with altruism.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lions-fans-...ter-texans-win

Tua is "doubtful" for today. That makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Lions news! Patricia fired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fantastic news!

The Dolphins are doing their best to keep the Jets in this game. Turnovers might bite us on the ass.

I'll take the win. We were mediocre. We beat the Jets. Whoop whoop......

Enjoying watching the Chefs punish the Yuccaneers.

Mahomes is the Michael Jordan of Football.

Steelers are undefeated and have home field for the playoffs right now.

Chefs have Mahomes.

Almost doesn't seem fair, does it?

I don't foresee the Ravens/Steelers playing tomorrow night. The Ravens haven't practiced in a week and a half and a lot of starting players would be out. I can't even see the Ravens/Cowboys game for next week getting played either. It wouldn't be fair to the players who couldn't practice for two weeks. The greed of the NFL put the players on the field and they lost a ton of money Thursday night. Things are starting to catch up and it will only get worse.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    You keep using the word 'fair', the NFL doesn't care about fair, they only care about getting the games in as long as they are 'safe', look at yesterdays joke of a Bronco - Saints game. Everyone has said that this year 'fair' isn't the priority, it's getting to the end of the season that matters.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yeah, and while many teams have some Covid issues, the Ravens must have been bathing in it. They may just have to eat a green one.

Did anyone see any of the Denver game yesterday where they did not have a single quarterback available due to COVID? Never seen anything like, but if they played that game I would think the Tuesday night game would go forward.

How 'bout those first place Giants!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    How 'bout those first place Giants!
    The least sucky NFC East team.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Did anyone see any of the Denver game yesterday where they did not have a single quarterback available due to COVID? Never seen anything like, but if they played that game I would think the Tuesday night game would go forward.
    How do you let a team play that hasn't practiced in a week and a half. In the beginning of the year everyone was worried about safety, but that doesn't matter now.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Well it's scheduled for wednesday now. Which will probably push the steelers next game back, and potentially the ravens-dallas game back as well.

If the Broncos had to suffer because they broke protocol, I hope the NFL comes down hard on the Ravens for doing the same thing and fucking up much worse, IMO. (Not to mention making the NFL miss out on a prized thanksgiving night game, as well potentially another thursday night game)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Well it's scheduled for wednesday now. Which will probably push the steelers next game back, and potentially the ravens-dallas game back as well.
    Already announced.

Seattle has gone for it on 4th down twice. They don't fear the Philly offense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post

If the Broncos had to suffer because they broke protocol, I hope the NFL comes down hard on the Ravens for doing the same thing and fucking up much worse, IMO. (Not to mention making the NFL miss out on a prized thanksgiving night game, as well potentially another thursday night game)
    Wednesday isn't going to solve the problem because they still can't field a competitive team, and they will probably have more positive players. They still haven't practiced for over a week and a half which is a safety issue and unfair competition to a team that is practicing. If the players union doesn't step in for the safety of the players it all just comes down to money.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    As much as we lament the state of the Detroit Lions, if they were an NFC (L)East team, they'd be contending for the division title.

How far Wentz has regressed; from MVP contender to barely hanging onto his job 3 seasons later.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post

How far Wentz has regressed; from MVP contender to barely hanging onto his job 3 seasons later.
    He's got no weapons and no offensive line. He's still a big guy who's mobile, with a strong arm and a quick release. I'd trade Baker Mayfield for him straight up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    He's got no weapons and no offensive line. He's still a big guy who's mobile, with a strong arm and a quick release. I'd trade Baker Mayfield for him straight up right now.
    You'd better give up a draft pick too. I didn't say Wentz had sunk to that level yet. At least Cleveland has that bulldozer running game (that I love).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I don't foresee the Ravens/Steelers playing tomorrow night. The Ravens haven't practiced in a week and a half and a lot of starting players would be out. I can't even see the Ravens/Cowboys game for next week getting played either. It wouldn't be fair to the players who couldn't practice for two weeks. The greed of the NFL put the players on the field and they lost a ton of money Thursday night. Things are starting to catch up and it will only get worse.
    All because of the QB? You know, the guy you yourself declared a one season wonder just last week? And why are you still watching a sport you decided long ago was fake? Make up your mind, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    All because of the QB? You know, the guy you yourself declared a one season wonder just last week? And why are you still watching a sport you decided long ago was fake? Make up your mind, Ed
    It's about the whole team, not just one player. You can always play RG III, but it's about a dozen players who are perfectly healthy to play but they won't let them.