hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    So... Brady gone, but where to?

Cam Newton's time in Carolina seems done as well

The NFL's gonna look real different in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    So... Brady gone, but where to?
    I don't think Belichick wanted him back and the Pats put nothing on the table to keep him, including showing any sign of improving the offense (at least yet). I have no idea where he'll go, and honestly, I don't really care. It has to be a team that thinks they have a realistic chance of getting to the Superbowl and that is willing to put their starter on ice for a year or two. Rams, 49ers? Bills? Eagles? Browns? I have trouble seeing any of these. At this point, who knows? Personally, I'd be shocked if Brady sees another Superbowl, let alone wins one. But, I've been wrong before.

I'm also not heartbroken to see the Pats re-tool. I think it's time, really has been time for a while. Winning a Superbowl with that team two years ago was the last gasp, and I think Belichick gets that. It will be interesting to see if he can bring them back to another title with a different crew.

It was surely a good run, though not without its hiccups.

Bill

Brady should retire, but I get the impression this is his way of telling Belichick to shove it, "he'll retire on his terms, when he's good and ready." Now, where he goes should be interesting (or a disaster).

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    NOTE:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nts/index.html
    3/16/20 UPDATE:
    During the next 15 days,
    all U.S. events of 10+ people
    should be cancelled or
    held virtually.
    With this in mind, please limit the number of attendees at your Brady jersey burning ceremonies.

Thank you.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I'm also not heartbroken to see the Pats re-tool. I think it's time, really has been time for a while. Winning a Superbowl with that team two years ago was the last gasp, and I think Belichick gets that. It will be interesting to see if he can bring them back to another title with a different crew.

It was surely a good run, though not without its hiccups.

Bill
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    NOTE:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nts/index.html

With this in mind, please limit the number of attendees at your Brady jersey burning ceremonies.

Thank you.
    Burning? It's now vintage!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Brady should retire
    Agreed. He has nothing to prove and he will likely be setting himself up for failure (in his world meaning no super bowl)
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Agreed. He has nothing to prove and he will likely be setting himself up for failure (in his world meaning no super bowl)
    Brady to the Bucs!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Brady to the Bucs!
    We'll see how it goes. Personally, I think it will be embarrassing, but kudos to him if he can make that team better. The Bucs have a lot of offensive weapons, but the defense is nothing special. He may put up some numbers, but I doubt they make much noise in the playoffs, if they even make it.

Bill

We'll see how it goes. Personally, I think it will be embarrassing, but kudos to him if he can make that team better. The Bucs have a lot of offensive weapons, but the defense is nothing special. He may put up some numbers, but I doubt they make much noise in the playoffs, if they even make it.

Bill
    I'd embarrass myself for 30 million.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Bill
    Umm...nothing special? The Bucs D saw a huge turnaround last year under Todd Bowles and was one of the best against the run that analytics have measured over the past 35 years.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dv...9-dvoa-ratings

Brady to the Bucs!
    WTF!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Good luck to him, though I doubt it will go well.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

It's a cash grab for Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Umm...nothing special? The Bucs D saw a huge turnaround last year under Todd Bowles and was one of the best against the run that analytics have measured over the past 35 years.
    They gave up 449 points last season, which is like 3rd or 4th worst in the league. I think they were second worst in that category in 2018. Nice they were better against the run, but I'm not sure what that means when you're hemorrhaging points like that. Doesn't look like such a huge turnaround to me, but then it's always darkest before the dawn.

On the plus side, the Bucs are in the top five in cap space. Some of that will go to Brady, but if they spend some of that on defense, then maybe they will improve further. Wouldn't be hard given where they've been the past two years. But I'm a little skeptical that this will rocket them into Superbowl contention. But, that's why they play the games. All 17 of the now. Snore.

Bill

^ Tampa's QB was a turnover machine. That puts enormous pressure on the defense, often defending a short field, and the cumulative time spent on the field has an exhausting effect. I'll bet their defense is better than you think it is.

Nonetheless, I am stunned by this move.

So, Brady to compete with Winston?

They gave up 449 points last season, which is like 3rd or 4th worst in the league. I think they were second worst in that category in 2018. Nice they were better against the run, but I'm not sure what that means when you're hemorrhaging points like that. Doesn't look like such a huge turnaround to me, but then it's always darkest before the dawn.
    4th worst in points allowed, but they were top ten in that stat over the last third of the season, on par with several playoff teams. They went from worst D in the league in 2018, and pretty easily at that, to top five in 2019. Pretty damn big turnaround. They also had to compensate for an offense that turned the ball over at will, 41 times to be exact, which accounts for at least part of the points allowed issue you mention. Not claiming that the Bucs D last year was the resurrection of the 2000 Ravens or anything like that but to just shrug them off as inadequate or paint them as a real liability going forward isn't an assessment I'd agree with. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    So, Brady to compete with Winston?

J/K

After Joe Montana played his last few years with KC back when, nothing surprises me. But all this QB movement in one off season, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    It's a cash grab for Brady.
    yeah, cuz he so broke AF

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    4th worst in points allowed, but they were top ten in that stat over the last third of the season, on par with several playoff teams. They went from worst D in the league in 2018, and pretty easily at that, to top five in 2019. Pretty damn big turnaround. They also had to compensate for an offense that turned the ball over at will, 41 times to be exact, which accounts for at least part of the points allowed issue you mention. Not claiming that the Bucs D last year was the resurrection of the 2000 Ravens or anything like that but to just shrug them off as inadequate or paint them as a real liability going forward isn't an assessment I'd agree with. YMMV.
    OK, I'll accept that the turnovers probably cost the team points. I don't actually follows the Bucs that closely, and it's not like there was a lot of buzz about their defense over the past season. So I think characterizing them as "nothing special" isn't a huge insult. Look a bit closer and perhaps there is potential there and that with better ball control they'll win more games. We'll see.

Bill

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    The real problem with the bucs in the o-line. Perhaps they will invest heavily in the draft, I"m not sure if there is really a big name tackle out there that they can splurge for in free agency.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'd embarrass myself for 30 million.
    with the Bucs... wow
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?