Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1382

Thread: The 2020 NFL Discussion Thread

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ seems a bit much to give up for the third overall pick, when the first two haven't happened yet. (Ok, ok...so the jags basically has...)
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Ravens sign Sammy Watkins. We'll see.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

^^He may actually be well suited for the Ravens offense as he provides another potential running threat.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    ^^He may actually be well suited for the Ravens offense as he provides another potential running threat.
    They still need a good younger #1 receiver.

Yeah, I was high on Watkins when he came out, and wanted the Browns to take him. He's been a disappointment though.

Not to give the Ravens advice, but they should find a way to move up into the back half of the top 10 in this year's draft and select Kyle Pitts, TE Florida. Given Jackson's strengths and limitations, he'd be ideal for them and would create mismatches. He'd be nearly unstoppable in the middle of the field. The cost for moving up that far? That may give them pause. Depends on how close they think they are, I guess.

Jeezuz I'm watching Cactus League Baseball. It's gotten that bad.

T.Y. Hilton down a multi year contract from Ravens to stay with Colts. I guess college really doesn't make you smarter.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    T.Y. Hilton down a multi year contract from Ravens to stay with Colts. I guess college really doesn't make you smarter.
    Hmmm... choosing Wentz over Jackson... a reciever might actually want to catch passes, lots of them, rather than run-block on the fly... predictability over unpredictability perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Hmmm... choosing Wentz over Jackson... a reciever might actually want to catch passes, lots of them, rather than run-block on the fly... predictability over unpredictability perhaps
    You have to look at the whole team and which one has a better chance of winning.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    But surely with the league and the refs and their own coaches conspiring against the Ravens he's got a better chance in Indy?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The eons are closing
    So true....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    Jets trade Darnold for a 2021 6Th rounder and a 2nd and 4th in 2022

After giving up 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots to take him in 2018.

man.....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

^a Panthers fan reaction? Meh.

He’s no more the future than Bridgewater. At worst, it means Carolina does not draft a QB this year which might honestly be a win.

But the chatter around CLT (never CHA) is that management doesn’t know what it’s doing. That puts CLT management inline with ... 25 other teams? Or however many teams have a confirmed starting QB who doesn’t suck.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Julian Edelman retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Julian Edelman retires.
    Great player for the way the Pat's played, the over the middle safety valve WR.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^ I could see Julian going to Tampa. Not this coming season but for Brady's final season. Edelman is still young, just needs a year off to heal.

Browns add a Clown(ey) to their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Browns add a Clown(ey) to their roster.
    This doesn't excite me at all. I think the money could have been better used elsewhere. He's still fairly young, but there's a lot of wear on those tires. I'm not expecting anything other than good run defense out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    This doesn't excite me at all. I think the money could have been better used elsewhere. He's still fairly young, but there's a lot of wear on those tires. I'm not expecting anything other than good run defense out of him.
    If the Ravens hold onto Orlando Brown he will have two good offensive tackles to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    He did basically nothing in TN last year but he was very disruptive at points in Seattle the year prior.

Tough player to figure out--all the ability in the world and you would think that he would simply be murderous past the LOS but he just...isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    He did basically nothing in TN last year but he was very disruptive at points in Seattle the year prior.

Tough player to figure out--all the ability in the world and you would think that he would simply be murderous past the LOS but he just...isn't?
    Agree that he was good in parts for Seattle but could also disappear in games. I liked him on the Seahawks but it didn't make financial sense to re-sign him.
    Ian

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Agree that he was good in parts for Seattle but could also disappear in games. I liked him on the Seahawks but it didn't make financial sense to re-sign him.
    I thought Seattle could have used him last year, but yeah, hot and cold player

Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Justin Layne was arrested Friday morning.

Layne was arrested on suspicion of felony transportation of a firearm inside of a vehicle, according to jail records in Lake County, Ohio. He was also charged with two misdemeanors -- driving with a suspended license and exceeding speed limits. Layne was booked just after 3 a.m. Friday. He is currently awaiting a preliminary court hearing.

If only he would have made it to fourth grade.

In a major trade between AFC powers, the Baltimore Ravens sent Pro Bowl offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. to the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday in a deal that landed Baltimore an additional first-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Ravens acquire three picks in next week's NFL draft -- a first-rounder (No. 31 overall), a third-rounder (No. 94) and a fourth-rounder (No. 136) -- as well as a fifth-round selection in 2022.

^ Goes to show that the Chefs thought the top OL talent would be gone by pick #31, and they have 2 holes to fill after cutting Fisher and Schwartz. Now the Ravens get to try to fill their OL holes and their Edge rusher hole, and their Wide Receiver hole with those later picks.

Hard to tell who won this trade.