Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Discussion Thread

As a lifelong Bucs fan this is the stupidest thing they AND Brady have ever done.

It's going to be a farce that sells a lot of tickets and produces a 6-10 season then a 1-15 when he gets injured in the last season.

It's the Buc's. They're motto is "If you can't screw it up, we WILL!".

He's a freaking moron.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

so... the Pats are tanking the season and drafting a top QB in 2021

I feel bad for Edelman and the other quality players on that team
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    with the Bucs... wow
    I'd do it with the Doe's
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    As a lifelong Bucs fan this is the stupidest thing they AND Brady have ever done.

It's going to be a farce that sells a lot of tickets and produces a 6-10 season then a 1-15 when he gets injured in the last season.

It's the Buc's. They're motto is "If you can't screw it up, we WILL!".

He's a freaking moron.
    Did you know the Bucs have the lowest winning percentage of any team in any professional sport. They said they would have to go 10-6 for the next forty years just to reach 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    The real problem with the bucs in the o-line. Perhaps they will invest heavily in the draft, I"m not sure if there is really a big name tackle out there that they can splurge for in free agency.
    That's interesting. On Boston sports blab weeks ago they were discussing the pros and cons of the various teams that might be interested in Brady. They singled out at least a couple of guys on that Bucs O-line they thought were good and felt that was a selling point of the team. If they have holes there, they'll definitely have to try and fill them.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    so... the Pats are tanking the season and drafting a top QB in 2021

I feel bad for Edelman and the other quality players on that team
    I could easily see the Pats trading Edelman, as well as some other players who could be valuable for a team in the "win now" mode. In fact, I almost hope they do that, with an eye to getting draft picks and younger players to re-tool for the future.

Bill

So who is the Pats QB now and are they going to go for a guy like Cam? Or is the plan to move up in the draft?
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Current QB is Jarrett Stidham, 4th round draft out of Auburn. If they go full rebuild I'd look for them to pick someone up in the draft, if they go partial rebuild then Andy Dalton?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    So who is the Pats QB now and are they going to go for a guy like Cam? Or is the plan to move up in the draft?
    If the season started today, the Pats' QB would be Jarrett Stidham, 4th rounder out of Auburn, with Julilan Edelman as his backup.

I really have no idea what they'll do. I could actually see them going with Stidham. I guess they could bring in somebody like Newton if it doesn't cost them anything but cash, but I don't see them trading assets or picks for anybody. I guess they could try to move up in the draft if they really have their eye on someone, but it's doubtful Belichick would start a rookie on day one of the season. And that's not really Belichick's style, though. He'll more likely look for value in the lower rounds.

I think Belichick has accepted the Pats won't be seriously competitive this, and likely next season; Brady or not. If this is the case, who cares who the QB is? Give Stidham a shot, see what he's got, and plan to draft someone this and/or next year and have some folks in development. They can get a journeyman backup anywhere. If they develop the team over the next couple of years and the QB is the issue, then they might make a splash in free-agency. But I don't see them doing it now.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Is Brady leaving NE? I say he stays. Sign a two year contract and call it a day. Tennessee is not biting on Brady.
    Looks like Tampa is biting.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Kind of like what the Raiders have done so far in free agency. Just hoping the season starts on time, or starts at all.

QB Marcus Mariota (This is my least favorite pick up so far, but who knows)
    LB Nick Kwiatkoski (A back up for the Bears, meh.)
    TE Jason Whitten (Yeah he's old, 36, but he can be a great mentor for their young TE's)
    LB Cory Littleton (Best pick up so far, guy is a tackling machine and great cover LB)
    S Jeff Heath (Been a pretty good player for the Cowboys for 7 season, we'll see)
    DT Maliek Collins (Defensive line depth is always good)
    DE Carl Nassib (Pretty good disruptor for the Bucs when he was on the field)

Still hoping they can maybe get a WR.

Looks like the Bears just signed Nick Foles, meh,
    Last edited by UnderAGlassMoon; 03-18-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    Looks like the Bears just signed Nick Foles, meh,
    Which one? Good Nick Foles or Bad Nick Foles?
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The Texans trading the best WR in the league for a bag of scraps is as shocking to me as the Brady decision.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'm surprised the Bears didn't go after Newton.

^ Timing, possibly. But more likely the trade price tag for Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Texans trading the best WR in the league for a bag of scraps is as shocking to me as the Brady decision.
    Considering almost at the same time they announced the Diggs deal and Minnesota got a bunch more for a lesser player than Hopkins. Seems is Bill is a lousy GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Did you know the Bucs have the lowest winning percentage of any team in any professional sport. They said they would have to go 10-6 for the next forty years just to reach 50%.
    Thanks for the reminder. I think the number of wins is actually higher but that might have been for a shorter time span. It's quite sad and I'm ashamed of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. I think the number of wins is actually higher but that might have been for a shorter time span. It's quite sad and I'm ashamed of myself.
    You do realize that the fortunes and failures of your local sports franchise have no reflection on you? I am guilty of exactly the same thing. I am reminded of a Seinfeld episode:

"We won! We won!"

"No. They won. You watched."

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Brady's move didn't surprise me. Why play in the AFC if you can't beat the teams, and they are all better this year than last, and they haven't even had the draft yet.

Brady's move didn't surprise me. Why play in the AFC if you can't beat the teams, and they are all better this year than last, and they haven't even had the draft yet.
    How good could the AFC be? An NFC team still made the Superbowl.

Ian

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Right. The Patriots have owned the AFC for two decades. Brady has won more games in most AFC stadiums than the home teams have, let alone those teams current QBs. Being perpetually butthurt must suck.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Right. The Patriots have owned the AFC for two decades. Brady has won more games in most AFC stadiums than the home teams have, let alone those teams current QBs. Being perpetually butthurt must suck.
    They owned their pathetic second string division. When the referees blow calls they win games or when they are filming games they win games. They are like the AFC in the 70's on steroids when the NFC wasn't.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    You do realize that the fortunes and failures of your local sports franchise have no reflection on you? I am guilty of exactly the same thing. I am reminded of a Seinfeld episode:

"We won! We won!"

"No. They won. You watched."
    I wonder if Jerry feels that way from his Citi Field luxury box
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    How good could the AFC be? An NFC team still made the Superbowl.
    Whoa. I just checked, and it's happened Every. Single. Year. Mind blown. What were the odds of that happening?

The eons are closing
    Flacco being cut, "failed physical designation" per Adam Schefter
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit