Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Discussion Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Because....... Ravens.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The NFL has postponed Steelers-Ravens. Ed's got more clout than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The NFL has postponed Steelers-Ravens. Ed's got more clout than we thought.
    It shouldn't even be played this week because of Covid.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Well, no offense intended to Lions or Cowboys fans, but when will this Turkey Day tradition, of these 2 teams end? God almighty STOP IT already!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Well, no offense intended to Lions or Cowboys fans, but when will this Turkey Day tradition, of these 2 teams end? God almighty STOP IT already!
    Dude, it's TURKEY day!!

Yer right. Turkey games. Ha ha.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Dude.....in Detroit it is all we've got. Under normal circumstances the Lions Thanksgiving game is a life long tradition. The first time I ever had a deep fried turkey was in the parking lot of the old Silverdome. In Michigan, you always delay your thanksgiving dinner until after the game is over. I understand for the rest of the country it is a chore to sit through every year, but since we ain't ever going to a Superbowl it is all we have.....

The Lions so far...Yikes. 2 bad turnovers in a row.

Kerryon, my wayward son...What the hell was that?

Jeez. This friggin' game is like a Rudy Giuliani press conference.

SteveSly,

We appreciate your will to want to honor thanksgiving tradition with the Lions, but the time has come. Help us end this annual Thanksgiving horror. You got some new knees. This is a new start for you. A new Dawn. A new era. The Lions have a chance to create a new tradition. Rest. Relaxation. Never again losing on Thanksgiving We will guide you. We are your support. We are doing this to HELP Lions fans. We care.

Whaddya say, SteveSly?

Love,
    Us

I have no problem with the traditional Thanksgiving day games in Detroit and Dallas, especially since the NFL introduced a third game in a rotating location several years ago. The games will never be more meaningful in other cities anyway so I think allowing those two franchises to continue hosting the Thanksgiving games is fine.

What I wish the NFL would change is the rotation of teams playing against either the Lions or Cowboys every year. I know that this, in it's own way, has also become 'tradition' and is driven by TV contracts--but those contractual practices have become much more lenient in recent years. In fact, I think the Thanksgiving games in those two cities should always be divisional matchups. Let's face it--nobody is particularly excited to Detroit play a team like Houston on Thanksgiving...but a game against Minnesota, Chicago, or Green Bay will always have at least some appeal. This year is a great example...sure, the NFC East sucks, but the Cowboys-Foreskins matchup will typically be a better draw than, for example, Cowboys-Jets or Cowboys-Chargers. Especially since the third game normally scheduled is in prime time and could feature a key AFC matchup, or at least one of the predicted AFC powers, I see no reason to continue rolling the Houstons, Baltimores, and Denvers of the world out to play a game that likely irritates the players and fanbases of those organizations more than anything else.

And despite my complaining I'm watching the games... and listening to Rock...and...Roll.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    SteveSly,

We appreciate your will to want to honor thanksgiving tradition with the Lions, but the time has come. Help us end this annual Thanksgiving horror. You got some new knees. This is a new start for you. A new Dawn. A new era. The Lions have a chance to create a new tradition. Rest. Relaxation. Never again losing on Thanksgiving We will guide you. We are your support. We are doing this to HELP Lions fans. We care.

Whaddya say, SteveSly?

Love,
    Us
    Can't give it up. It is an 84 year tradition. It is probably hard to understand unless you live here.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    I have no problem with the traditional Thanksgiving day games in Detroit and Dallas, especially since the NFL introduced a third game in a rotating location several years ago. The games will never be more meaningful in other cities anyway so I think allowing those two franchises to continue hosting the Thanksgiving games is fine.

What I wish the NFL would change is the rotation of teams playing against either the Lions or Cowboys every year. I know that this, in it's own way, has also become 'tradition' and is driven by TV contracts--but those contractual practices have become much more lenient in recent years. In fact, I think the Thanksgiving games in those two cities should always be divisional matchups. Let's face it--nobody is particularly excited to Detroit play a team like Houston on Thanksgiving...but a game against Minnesota, Chicago, or Green Bay will always have at least some appeal. This year is a great example...sure, the NFC East sucks, but the Cowboys-Foreskins matchup will typically be a better draw than, for example, Cowboys-Jets or Cowboys-Chargers. Especially since the third game normally scheduled is in prime time and could feature a key AFC matchup, or at least one of the predicted AFC powers, I see no reason to continue rolling the Houstons, Baltimores, and Denvers of the world out to play a game that likely irritates the players and fanbases of those organizations more than anything else.
    I would all for the Thankgiving Day game to be within the division. Many years it is, that way.

Forgot to pick today's games. I wish they would send emails like they are supposed to.

The home teams have been horrible today.

Did the Ravens qb test positive for Covid?

^ Yep. Ruled out for Sunday.

It’s ovah, bay-bay! Ravens... done.

As a child of the Detroit area &
    Long time fan who lives in the west, I’m so disappointed at the folly of turnovers & dropped passes in the only nationally televised appearance I could watch. Pathetic & sloppy. It hurts, but then again, I’ve always known I should never expect too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    It’s ovah, bay-bay! Ravens... done.
    Should forfeit the game this week.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Baltimore Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers game moved to Tuesday; Ravens-Dallas Cowboys game moved to Dec. 7

Lions news! Patricia fired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Lions news! Patricia fired!
    There is a football Jesus! And fired his buddy Quinn as well! The Quintricia era was a debacle, and thankfully Sheila Ford isn't like her parents, in that she mandated improvement and competing for the playoffs in December or else. Watching her at the game Thursday covering her face with her hands was all I needed to see.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/