Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1382

Thread: The 2020 NFL Discussion Thread

Fitzpatrick goes to Washington. I'm a little disappointed but I guess Tua can play without looking over his shoulder. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Get used to it. Ben may have one year left. Maybe. Pouncey retired. Villanueva and DuPree are likely to leave in free agency. They're likely to cut Haden for cap purposes.

They're entering a rebuild, although they may not tell their fans that.
    I changed my mind. You are correct sir. After losing Dupree, Aluahu, and Hilton already, its starting to look ugly.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Andy Dalton goes to the Bears. Poor Bears fans. They were teased with ice cream and cake and got liver and onions instead.

The Lions sign Jamaal Williams to a 2 year deal and, drop backup QB Chase Daniel. With Williams in the fold it will be interesting to see what happens with Adrian Peterson. With the loss of Daniel it will mean the Lions will be in the market for a decent backup QB. Most of the free agents are gone already, so it will be interesting to see if they draft someone young.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    I changed my mind. You are correct sir. After losing Dupree, Aluahu, and Hilton already, its starting to look ugly.
    Yeah, I didn't reply to your reply because I didn't want to rub it in. I wasn't giving my opinion so much as stating what analysts were saying, and after following a team that's sucked for 30 years, I know how disappointing it is to have your team go off the rails.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Patriots on a buying spree.
    Lotsa new guys for Cam to throw his wounded ducks near.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The Lions sign Jamaal Williams to a 2 year deal and, drop backup QB Chase Daniel. With Williams in the fold it will be interesting to see what happens with Adrian Peterson. With the loss of Daniel it will mean the Lions will be in the market for a decent backup QB. Most of the free agents are gone already, so it will be interesting to see if they draft someone young.
    Side note: my cousin was one of Jamaal's coaches in high school and Jamaal is good friends with my cousin's son.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Side note: my cousin was one of Jamaal's coaches in high school and Jamaal is good friends with my cousin's son.
    Cool!

Matt Stafford's fairwell video to the city of Detroit. If you are at all a Lions fan this is must viewing. He has always been a class act for the city and our state. I will be rooting for him with the Rams next year:

You almost always have to root for ex-Lions players given the Lions long history of poor management and squandering of talent. Detroit has had, since 1980, transcendent talent in key positions (at different times) and have two playoff victories (two decades apart) and how many playoff appearances in the last 5 decades? 4? 5?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    You almost always have to root for ex-Lions players given the Lions long history of poor management and squandering of talent. Detroit has had, since 1980, transcendent talent in key positions (at different times) and have two playoff victories (two decades apart) and how many playoff appearances in the last 5 decades? 4? 5?
    The NFL fucked them in the playoffs a few years back. It was the game against Dallas, the game before the NFL fucked Dallas on the Dez catch that wasn't a catch that was a catch against the Packers.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The NFL fucked them in the playoffs a few years back. It was the game against Dallas, the game before the NFL fucked Dallas on the Dez catch that wasn't a catch that was a catch against the Packers.
    Yeah, that's the reason for decades of futility...🙄
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Trust me, I have been a die hard Lions fan for over 50 years so I know all about it. The Lions have won exactly 1 playoff game in my lifetime (I was actually there and it was a beautiful thing). The Lions officially became the most pathetic team in professional sports once the Cubs finally won a World Series.

They did actually make the playoffs twice a few years ago under Jim Caldwell.......and then they fired him to bring in Patricia which was a disaster.

But......we still love them here in Michigan as we once again start over with a new coaching staff and many new faces on the team.

NFL to look into allegations of sexual misconduct during massages involving Deshaun Watson by three separate parties. Doesn't sound like much of a happy ending for him.

NFL to look into allegations of sexual misconduct during massages involving Deshaun Watson by three separate parties. Doesn't sound like much of a happy ending for him.
    It might be up to 7 lawsuits now.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    It might be up to 7 lawsuits now.
    from TMZ:

There are now TWELVE women making sexual misconduct allegations against Deshaun Watson -- with 10 more accusers being vetted, according to attorney Tony Buzbee.

Buzbee represents the 7 women who have already filed lawsuits against Watson -- and at a news conference on Friday, he announced 5 more lawsuits are in the works.

"We are now representing 12 women and we will file 5 more cases in due course. We have spoken to more than 10 additional women, 22 women," Buzbee said.

To clarify, Buzbee said the additional 10 women all have similar stories to the first 12 ... but he's still gathering information before filing lawsuits on their behalf.

Of the 12 accusers, Buzbee says the women did NOT know each other before coming forward with their allegations.

The women come from different racial backgrounds -- 7 of them are Black, 2 Hispanic and 3 are Caucasian.

Additionally, Buzbee says he's been contacted by the Houston Police Dept. -- which is now looking into the allegations.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    from TMZ:
    If he had worn a mask, there would not have been a problem. Seeing that he was Watson, a known Celebrity opens the door for litigation. However, Watson may not have liked AMPs, and therefore chose the non-Happy Ending legit massage parlor

Banned

In good shape, and getting better:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-grades

The Eagles signed Joe Flacco to be Jalen Hurts' backup.

I already have my spot picked out for the parade.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The Eagles signed Joe Flacco to be Jalen Hurts' backup.

I already have my spot picked out for the parade.
    I hope it's not too close to the inner harbor, we do have a slight crime problem here in Baltimore.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Why would the Seahawks have a parade in Baltimore?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Giants making some noise with a bunch of free agent signings. Most notably Kenny Galladay, John Ross and Kyle Rudolph...if all goes well and Saquon stays healthy this could open the flood gates for him. Fingers crossed!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Giants making some noise with a bunch of free agent signings. Most notably Kenny Galladay, John Ross and Kyle Rudolph...if all goes well and Saquon stays healthy this could open the flood gates for him. Fingers crossed!
    From Peter King’s FMIA column on ProFootballTalk:

“As I think back over the past 10 years in free agency, I’m reminded of a few stories. In 2011, the Eagles, coming off a 10-6 season, went on an infamous spending spree and bought a “Dream Team,” capped by the signing of everyone’s prize that year, Nnamdi Asomugha. Result: Eagles went 8-8 and 4-12 in the next two years; Andy Reid got fired. In 2012, the Bucs spent $140.3 million on three big players, led by wideout Vincent Jackson. Result: Bucs went 7-9 and 4-12 in the next two years; Greg Schiano got fired. In 2016, Jacksonville spent $198 million on four big names, led by Malik Jackson. Result: Jags went 3-13; Gus Bradley got fired. In 2019, the Jets spent $137 million on C.J. Mosley and Le’Veon Bell. Result: Jets went 7-9 and 2-14 in the next two years; Adam Gase got fired.”
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Today's blockbuster trades indicate that the Fins are sticking with In Tua Nua, while the Niners may be moving on from Jimmy G.