Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Discussion Thread

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Scott Zolak@scottzolak·

2020 f ing sucks
    Zo not pleased.

For the Lions Chase Young is the pick. The Lions get #3 overall and unless Young is already gone I can't imagine they would pass him over as he is the perfect player for what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    For the Lions Chase Young is the pick. The Lions get #3 overall and unless Young is already gone I can't imagine they would pass him over as he is the perfect player for what they need.
    My worry is...Bob Effing Quinn. The smartest man in the room, who comes from the Patriots but goes in a bizarro anti-Belichick direction, has made some of the most logic-defying, fan-deflating, flat-out imbecilic moves I've ever seen. And that's saying a lot, having been a Lions fan since the late 60s.

If Young is there at 3 and the Lions don't take him, the only way I would find that at all palatable is if they trade down to #5, get Jeff Okudah and manage to get Miami's 26th pick in the 1st, and then somehow manage to translate that extra first and their own early 2nd round pick into someone like the interior lineman Cesar Ruiz and the DE Epenesa. Or if they trade a 3rd rounder to their trading buddies the Pats and get Joe Thuney, and use the 26th pick for an RB or DT. Something different than what they've been doing.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    My worry is...Bob Effing Quinn. The smartest man in the room, who comes from the Patriots but goes in a bizarro anti-Belichick direction, has made some of the most logic-defying, fan-deflating, flat-out imbecilic moves I've ever seen. And that's saying a lot, having been a Lions fan since the late 60s.
    Long suffering Lions fan here.

Who'd a thunk that anyone could come along and make people forget what an idiot Matt Millen was.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post

If Young is there at 3 and the Lions don't take him, the only way I would find that at all palatable is if they trade down to #5, get Jeff Okudah and manage to get Miami's 26th pick in the 1st, and then somehow manage to translate that extra first and their own early 2nd round pick into someone like the interior lineman Cesar Ruiz and the DE Epenesa. Or if they trade a 3rd rounder to their trading buddies the Pats and get Joe Thuney, and use the 26th pick for an RB or DT. Something different than what they've been doing.
    That scenario makes sense and there have been rumors of a trade like that. I know what you mean about Quinn I have little confidence that he wont screw this up.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Long suffering Lions fan here.

Who'd a thunk that anyone could come along and make people forget what an idiot Matt Millen was.
    The Millen years are still worse, but Quinn is giving him a run for his money.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Reports of Gronk un-retiring, and getting packaged with a #7 to rejoin Brady in Tampa in return for a #4.
    Pats couldn't take Gronk back without some major cuts. Good luck to him.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

it's done
    Gronk is gonna play in Tampa Bay
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    it's done
    Gronk is gonna play in Tampa Bay
    Until he gets hurt.

Waking up I find that my hapless ne'er can do anything well Tampa Bay Bucs now have TB12 AND Gronk?

I don't know if they will win any games or not but I don't care. The circus is now in Tampa and I just want to see the fireworks. Outside of the Lakers the Bucs are now the most interesting team in pro NA sports.

Sort of a middle finger towards Belichik when two future Hall of Famer's decide to NOT play for him. Story lines galore with this.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    So the draft is Thursday,who would you like to see your team pick that might be available in the first round.
    It's no secret that the Browns need a Left Tackle. There are 4 who grade out high, so even sitting at number 10, they are likely to get one of them. I usually favor the guy with the highest ceiling, which would be Mekhi Becton of Louisville. However, he's a 6' 7" mountain of a man, and we have a 6' 0" (or thereabouts) Quarterback. I don't think it's a great fit, and it's by no means a safe pick. I would take Andrew Thomas OT Georgia. He has great footwork, high character and played against top competition. He's probably not a "can't miss," but I expect him to be a Pro-Bowl caliber player over the course of his career.

I hate Jerry Jones
    how does he let the Raiders take Witten?!
    the man has no loyalty
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I hate Jerry Jones
    how does he let the Raiders take Witten?!
    the man has no loyalty
    Loyalty is overrated. Haven't you been paying attention to the Patriots?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Was hoping there was way that Tua would make his way to the chargers, but alas...I hope Herbert pans out.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Was hoping there was way that Tua would make his way to the chargers, but alas...I hope Herbert pans out.
    The Chargers moved up and grabbed the linebacker the Ravens would have drafted first, but I think Queen will work out just fine.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Well, we got The Guy. And now we wait, and wait.
    E-A-T

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The Chargers moved up and grabbed the linebacker the Ravens would have drafted first, but I think Queen will work out just fine.
    They did give up a bit to do that, but I do think it was a good move by the bolts.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Major head scratching move by Packers to trade up for a QB in 1st round. Maybe it will work out like picking Rogers did when Favre was not yet washed up, but they could have used help at a lot of other positions this year (or next, whenever they play again), after somehow squeaking into the NFC championship game after last season. Oh well, we'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    They did give up a bit to do that, but I do think it was a good move by the bolts.
    The guy has the character of a saint, wish the Ravens had moved up for him. With ten pounds Queen could be another Ray Lewis.

Gas mask man gets three year $66 million extension with $50 million guaranteed. Glad the Ravens didn't draft him, he's not affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Well, we got The Guy. And now we wait, and wait.
    Probably til 2021.

Raven have four picks in round three.

Browns, Bengals and Ravens are all having excellent drafts so far. My beloved Steelers?..Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Probably til 2021.
    I expect Tua to play a few downs here and there. Of course, the first time he gets hit we'll all hold our breath. We'll see.
    E-A-T