Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Yeah we were lucky but we also got jobbed with a pass interference call that was questionable. The Raiders were unlucky, missing a PAT and the flagrant facemask ( and that "lucky" prayer he threw). Coulda gone either way. Gruden just laid an egg.
    Well, not only that, Vic, but the guy who grabbed Fitz's facemask was being flagrantly held by the Fins O-lineman. Penalties should have offset and replay the down. But yes, the pass was freakishly lucky. Fitz wasn't even looking anymore, his head was turned round 1/4 turn on the Linda Blair scale.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Well, not only that, Vic, but the guy who grabbed Fitz's facemask was being flagrantly held by the Fins O-lineman. Penalties should have offset and replay the down. But yes, the pass was freakishly lucky. Fitz wasn't even looking anymore, his head was turned round 1/4 turn on the Linda Blair scale.
    Well, the Raiders "should have" won the game. They won the field position war. Gruden just blew it when he tried to control the clock instead of going for a TD.

On Tua getting benched (again!). It's obvious Fitzy is valuable to this team and the HC isn't dicking around. He wants to get the team into the playoffs. I'm happy with a 10-6 season, playoffs or not. I expect them to build on this success next year though.

^ They'll have a hard time beating the Bills, unless Buffalo is sitting everybody. We'll have to see. If you would have told me at mid-season that no AFC Playoff team would have a record worse than 11-5, I would have told you to put down the crack pipe. However, it may well happen.

Not sure how Buffalo should handle the game next week. We're division rivals so they might want to step on our throats (in case they end up, somehow meeting us in the playoffs (unlikely)), but it wouldn't be worth risking a needless injury to a key player. For me, the season is over. Mission accomplished. We did better than expected.

Guess I'll be content to watch whatever games they're showing at the pub today. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Not sure how Buffalo should handle the game next week. We're division rivals so they might want to step on our throats (in case they end up, somehow meeting us in the playoffs (unlikely)), but it wouldn't be worth risking a needless injury to a key player. For me, the season is over. Mission accomplished. We did better than expected.

Guess I'll be content to watch whatever games they're showing at the pub today. Should be fun.
    The Bills have to decide who they want to play in the playoffs, the Dolphins or the Ravens. The Steelers have that same decision.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Banned
    If I was the Bills or Steelers, I'd be playing for the best seed or bye, which means win all of the rest of the games.

Watching Browns@Jets.

^ The temporarily handicapped vs the cripples.

Moe, I feel the same frustration when you know you're better than your opponent. On any given Sunday......

There's still another half. We'll see.

^ I expected to beat the Jets even without those receivers. The 2 missing offensive linemen are as big a loss, as it turns out. They can't run or throw.

I'm at a sports bar, and of course devoting most of my attention to the Browns game. I'm also checking the Ravens and Steelers games during commercials. The Ravens are playing a box full of paper bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    If I was the Bills or Steelers, I'd be playing for the best seed or bye, which means win all of the rest of the games.
    They added a playoff team this year to each division. Only the #1 seed gets a bye. The other six all play in the wild card round.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

So we beat the Bills next week and we face 'em in the first round. Ok, they'll tank the game....

The Browns didn't play well enough to win, shorthanded or not. But..the ruling of the Garrett strip sack/Browns recovery/touchdown as an incompletion was a bad call and cost them the game. They had the same play in the Washington game on a Chase Young strip sack and it was called a fumble. Smh.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Browns didn't play well enough to win, shorthanded or not. But..the ruling of the Garrett strip sack/Browns recovery/touchdown as an incompletion was a bad call and cost them the game. They had the same play in the Washington game on a Chase Young strip sack and it was called a fumble. Smh.
    And then they review it and still blow it.

Like I said in another thread; the Jests must have received a phone call the TrevLaw camp saying, "no fucking way"

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    And then they review it and still blow it.
    Yep. Not the first time I've seen that.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Great win for the Seahawks in a defensive battle with the Rams, held them to 3 FG's, killed the game off with a late TD. Nice performance and we win the West.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^ As Bob Dylan said, and covered by so many,...

Officiating really sucks in the Packers/Titans game.

AFC final playoff spots: Final prediction

Chiefs #1
    Bills #2
    Steelers #3
    Titans #4
    Ravens #5
    Colts #6
    Dolphins #7
    Last edited by Shadow; 12-29-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    AFC final playoff spots:

Chiefs #1
    Bills #2
    Steelers #3
    Titans #4
    Ravens #5
    Dolphins #6
    Colts #7
    So the Browns have been eliminated with the loss to the Jets? They're not reporting that around here. They must not watch Ed TV.

According to my sports app "The Score" the playoff picture has the Bills playing the Browns, and the Titans vs. Dolphins. Guess it comes down to the outcome of Dolphins@Bills on Sunday???
    E-A-T

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ed is making a prediction, the Browns would be out if the lose to the Steelers, and the Colts beat the Jags.

I don't think his actual ranking are possible based on ESPN's Playoff Machine. If the Browns are out and the Ravens are 5th then the Colts are 6th and Dolphins 7th. Of course that relies on ESPN's app being accurate.

Packers at Bears is a great game. Saints and Seahawks can still jump the Packers if the Bears win.

Seahawks end up playing the Bears, Cards or Rams on the Wild Card. Not sure I fancy meeting any of those teams, divisional rivalry third games are brutal & the Bears are better.

Pretty happy with the Seahawks winning the NFC West and still theoretically in the race for #1 seed with one week left.
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 12-29-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.