Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEEP PURPLE - New album "Whoosh!" late spring 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Well, they redid "Bloodsucker" too with the Steve Morse version of the band, so it's not unprecedented.
    But that was A Mark II track. "And the Address" is Mark I and an instrumental. I'm pretty sure this band also did "Hush."
    Orange is the new stupid.

If "Dancing In My Sleep" was a bonus song, then "And The Address" would be the last official track on this album, which may have something to do with the fact that "And The Address" was the first track on the first Purple album.
    Will DP end "full circle" like Black Sabbath did ? (The thunder that opens the first album also closes the last one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    If "Dancing In My Sleep" was a bonus song, then "And The Address" would be the last official track on this album, which may have something to do with the fact that "And The Address" was the first track on the first Purple album.
    Will DP end "full circle" like Black Sabbath did ? (The thunder that opens the first album also closes the last one.)
    Yeah obviously they won’t be around forever and every album they do could very well be the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds great!
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Yeah. I'm quite digging that.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

Sounds great!
    1:42-2:22 is "Wurm" from "Starship Trooper"... G Eb C.

I'm okay with that, though.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Fantastic track, loooove it.

Groovy! [emoji106]

I didn't like it.

I listened to the track last night. I'm not feeling it after only listening once. I wish Ian Gillan would quit with the Vegas style singing that was all over the last album. I'll still buy the new album but I hope this track isn't indicative of the whole thing-and given how much variety is on a Purple album, it probably isn't.

Sounds like a mixture of Europe and them circa House of blue light, the only novelty is rather old too, I mean that little comical guitar solo from different music style. But I think they like it because it sounds so anti-Blackmore. Could someone explain what does the music business experience of 50 years mean, if they still need a producer. What he tells them? Don't play this note, play that one? And they respond, man, this is so wise. What would we do without your advices.

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    Sounds like a mixture of Europe and them circa House of blue light, the only novelty is rather old too, I mean that little comical guitar solo from different music style. But I think they like it because it sounds so anti-Blackmore. Could someone explain what does the music business experience of 50 years mean, if they still need a producer. What he tells them? Don't play this note, play that one? And they respond, man, this is so wise. What would we do without your advices.
    The task of a producer is far more than that. With a bunch of ego's like Deep Purple a producer can function as someone who keeps things on track.

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    There's a doc with the last album that shows how much Ezrin contributed. He get's them together, they jam, he gives advice, and things go on and really cool music happens. Like a sixth member who's job is to make them look good.

They aren't that egotistic, really. Seems odd but they really work well with someone like Ezrin.

So WTF? Everything they said a couple years ago is moot? Supposed to be the last album and tour and, Now? What!!

Yeah, really bad pun there but seriously, they gonna do another three year tour for another farewell album? They should do Now?What!! in it's entirety, let us bask in the Jon Lord tribute album.

Bunch of old farts hanging on but the music isn't awful, and they are still making music, so that's very cool. I dig the song, Ian Paice is so damn good. Not the best from this incarnation but worthy of discussion.
    Last edited by TheLoony; 4 Days Ago at 08:23 PM.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I'm not saying the members are egotistic, but an outside producer can keep everything in balance and help them stay focussed. Even the greatest musicians can be insecure and like to record some part over and over again.