Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DEEP PURPLE - New album "Whoosh!" late spring 2020

Quote Originally Posted by pmrviana View Post
    I guess you didn't understand progmatist's point in the previous post. It is physically impossible to produce a brickwalled vinyl, it simply won't play. So you can be entirely sure that any vinyl record you buy will not be brickwalled. It can sound like crap for other reasons, but it won't be brickwalled.
    Guess I did miss understand then. Sorry

Listened to it yesterday. Very good for a first listen. More spins to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprisingly nice album.

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    Surprisingly nice album.
    Iíve had this in my list of purchases but have spent too much money lately on other things. Iím going to try to keep this on my radar because of all the good remarks Iíve heard so far.

Very nice album and there are three or four really nice tunes but I'm still partial to Now! What? in the Ezrin ouvre of DP but, in any case, I'd like to be a doinkus and go back before Wyld Stallions saved the world with this amazing clip that I never knew existed until a few months ago.

I need information. When did Ritchie switch to Fender Strats? When did Lordy ditch the whole Hammond with foot pedals? He clearly plays them here. So how did In Rock have that sound when they seem to be playing the instruments they didn't on the album? What's the timeline here that I'm missing?

Have fun, and it's got more cowbell, so Chris Walken is happily dancing with this one.

Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

HODOR!

I am enjoying this album a great deal - to me it may be the best of these last 3 albums produced by Ezrin, but I need more time to let it sink in. I think Morse has a little more variety in his playing than on the last couple of Purple albums. I understand that Purple are very much a rock band, but I would like to hear Morse mix in a bit of his amazing acoustic guitar playing here and there - a nice contrast to his fabulous electric playing.

I think Don Airey is as good as a player can be on this album. His playing is very exciting and I love his choice of sounds. What a great mix of piano, Hammond and synth sounds. It's all there. Even his organ sounds have a variety of settings, each seem to serve the tune just right.

Ian Paice is 72 and he takes no shortcuts with his playing on this record.

I would like some other bands who have been around this long to listen to this Purple album. I think it's very inspiring to see guys at this age still writing some good tunes and still playing with strength and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Very nice album and there are three or four really nice tunes but I'm still partial to Now! What? in the Ezrin ouvre of DP but, in any case, I'd like to be a doinkus and go back before Wyld Stallions saved the world with this amazing clip that I never knew existed until a few months ago.

I need information. When did Ritchie switch to Fender Strats? When did Lordy ditch the whole Hammond with foot pedals? He clearly plays them here. So how did In Rock have that sound when they seem to be playing the instruments they didn't on the album? What's the timeline here that I'm missing?

Have fun, and it's got more cowbell, so Chris Walken is happily dancing with this one.

The In Rock period is when Richie transitioned from the ES-335 to the Strat. He used both on the album. By Fireball, it was all Strat all the time.

On the Fireball cover, Roger is shown playing a Fender Bass. But on No No No, he's clearly playing a Rick Bass. It can be assumed for any band, the instruments pictured are not exclusively what they played on an album

I can't speak to Jon's use of the pedalboard, but can tell you the reason he started using Leslie Speakers again in the 1974/Mark III period was larger, more powerful Leslie's became available. He used a pair of them at that. His plugging into a Marshall Stack during the Mark II period was out of necessity, to compete with Richie.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama